Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:16:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Thoughts after the Packers loss.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thoughts after the Packers loss.  (Read 1034 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 26, 2022, 11:11:41 am »

I seem to be less seething than many other Dolphins fans in my life.  This is where I expected us to be.  I predicted 9 wins, no playoffs -- maybe we steal a 10th and get in.

That's pretty much where we are.

I'm individually surprised at the Packers loss, given what we'd seen to this point, but the general state of the team is it -- we've improved offensively.  Our defense and special teams have regressed, it appears.  And we're dealing with injuries and don't have great depth on D.

As for Tua, we just seem to be way too reactionary.  Had Tua had a great game....like a 5 TD performance, we'd be clamoring for MVP.  3 INTs and we are now questioning if he should be on the team.  It's just too much, too fast.

Those 3 picks were bad.  They were great defense.  It was just throwing to open defenders for some reason.  That's for the coaches to figure out.  But prior to that....what?  ....5 INTs all season or something?  It was an anomalous performance.

We need to beat the Jets and the Pats because we're the better team.  But if we don't, we don't get in, and that's deserved, because that's what we are.

I think that our fanbase deserves the blame for thinking that we were elite to begin with.

We have the capability to play good football.  We've seen that.  But it's rare that we can do it on both sides of the ball and also rare for us to do it for a complete length of a game.  There's work to do, but I think a good foundation is there.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 12:02:50 pm »

Tough loss because a team with character and legitimate playoff ability doesn't lose a fourth game in a row, at home, while making a playoff push, by essentially collapsing.  And what makes it all the more difficult is that the collapse centered around the all-important QB position.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 03:41:15 pm »

I find it hard to blame Tua. The pressure is just tremendous. He knows he can’t trust his defense. Tom Brady threw two awful interceptions last night.  The bucs still won. And remember the second interception was after waddle’s dumb penalty negated a first and goal

I honestly think it’s the pressure of playing in Miami and twenty years of sucking. Players are pressing because they want to get Miami out of this funk. I think it’s affecting Sanders.

I wonder whose idea it was to take the intentional offsides penalty.  The packers did that a couple years ago in the nfc title game
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 09:54:02 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 03:55:08 pm »

I find it hard to blame Tua. The pressure is just tremendous. He knows he can’t trust his defense. Tom Brady threw two awful interceptions last night.  The bucs still won. And remember the second interception was after waddle’s dumb penalty negated a first and goal

I honestly think it’s the pressure of playing in Miami and twenty years of sucking. Players are pressing because they want to get Miami out of this funk. I think it’s affecting Sanders.

I wonder whose idea it was to take the intentional offsides penalty.  The packers did that a couple years ago in the afc title game

Right, but "not trusting your defense" doesn't necessarily translate to three picks on the last three possessions of the game, which is quite a rare event.  It can translate to simply being a game manager and doing nothing special, without necessarily losing the game.
Garrett

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 08:47:15 pm »

I totally disagree with the  fans expectations going in, that this is  a10 win, mediocre team and  that's what  we  should  expect. We have seen this team light up the scoreboard,  so we  know they are capable of it. So now that is the expectation... period!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 08:52:32 pm »

Right, but "not trusting your defense" doesn't necessarily translate to three picks on the last three possessions of the game, which is quite a rare event.  It can translate to simply being a game manager and doing nothing special, without necessarily losing the game.

Well if he was concussed the whole time when this happening then it explains a lot. I mean it’s either a gigantic failure on the medical staff or it’s being fabricated to cover for him.

He looked top tier in the first half and back to what we had seen at points this year then suddenly it was like he was Ray Lucas.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2022, 11:30:45 pm »

Well if he was concussed the whole time when this happening then it explains a lot. I mean it’s either a gigantic failure on the medical staff or it’s being fabricated to cover for him.

He looked top tier in the first half and back to what we had seen at points this year then suddenly it was like he was Ray Lucas.

Was he concussed in the San Fran and Chargers games also?  Because he played like crap in those two games.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2022, 02:23:58 am »

Right, but "not trusting your defense" doesn't necessarily translate to three picks on the last three possessions of the game, which is quite a rare event.  It can translate to simply being a game manager and doing nothing special, without necessarily losing the game.

It literally does translate into that because you can't be a game manager if your defense sucks.  You have to take risks and hope that they work out for you.   
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 02:33:38 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2022, 02:35:21 am »

Dave, to address one of your points, the Dolphins are NOT a better team than the Patriots or the Jets.

But miracles can happen in the National Football League

DenverFinFan
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2022, 09:36:32 am »

Was he concussed in the San Fran and Chargers games also?  Because he played like crap in those two games.

No and I said elsewhere those were likely just bad games but he was playing better against Buffalo in bad conditions and was playing lights out against GB until it was like a switch was flipped and he played his worst yet. That one is a head scratcher but if his brain was rattling around his skull it makes more sense.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 09:47:32 am »

No and I said elsewhere those were likely just bad games but he was playing better against Buffalo in bad conditions and was playing lights out against GB until it was like a switch was flipped and he played his worst yet. That one is a head scratcher but if his brain was rattling around his skull it makes more sense.

Yeah, I think this is the correct theory. If the last 2 games were the West Coast games then no, but he did play good enough against Buffalo and was very good in the 1st ahlf against Green Bay until he couldn't see that the Packers had different color uniforms than us, so it is possible.

Again, he has to throw the ball away and stop extending plays. He isn't a massive guy, he will get hurt if he gives tacklers a longer window to hit him.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2023, 09:07:44 pm »

Dave, to address one of your points, the Dolphins are NOT a better team than the Patriots or the Jets.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2023, 09:25:39 pm »

ahh dunning-kruger effect .. i'm a fan of this graph:

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray