Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:13:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Playoff Thread 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Playoff Thread 2022  (Read 5661 times)
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2022, 01:36:00 pm »

The pass defense needs to improve to only the mediocre level and as long as the pass offense continues at its current level and both sides of the ball play that way in the playoffs (with the pass defense improved), this is your AFC Super Bowl team.  Right now nobody can defend this pass offense.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #31 on: November 08, 2022, 02:32:41 pm »

That could be because you can't so much as breathe on a Miami receiver without a flag.  Just ask the bears.

Sorry, this season is tainted.  Nothing the Dolphins do this year counts for anything.

Howard is mauling receivers without flags.

Our receivers cannot be breathed on without flags.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 02:42:56 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2022, 03:03:41 pm »

To furthur my point ... it is looking like Josh Allen may miss this week and maybe even more games because of his shoulder. No one saw that coming.

It's his Elbow, looks to be the UCL. That's the Tommy John one. The fact that there is no update on such a substantial and season defining injury is making me think it won't be good news for him.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2022, 03:06:20 pm »

It's his Elbow, looks to be the UCL. That's the Tommy John one. The fact that there is no update on such a substantial and season defining injury is making me think it won't be good news for him.
He missed 4 games his rookie year for the same injury so there's that. While he did manage to throw the ball 70 yards once after the injury it is much harder to use after the swelling sets in.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2022, 04:25:46 pm »

He missed 4 games his rookie year for the same injury so there's that. While he did manage to throw the ball 70 yards once after the injury it is much harder to use after the swelling sets in.

They did the MRI yesterday and have not released any results. Just speculating, but to me the only reason to not release results are that they are really bad and they want a second opinion to see if he does need surgery and is out for quite awhile. I'm sure the NFL will be pressuring them soon to release the results so the gamblers know what to do.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2022, 04:58:55 pm »

They did the MRI yesterday and have not released any results. Just speculating, but to me the only reason to not release results are that they are really bad and they want a second opinion to see if he does need surgery and is out for quite awhile. I'm sure the NFL will be pressuring them soon to release the results so the gamblers know what to do.
I belive you may be right about the injury but I don't think the league will pressure them. Teams use everything in their powere to not let other teams know who is playing whenever given the chance.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2022, 11:31:29 am »

Josh Allen appears to have avoided the worst case scenario. He is doubtful for Sunday but it's possible he plays. It's a sprain, so it could affect his throwing motion, not so much a pain tolerance thing.

I'm glad he is not seriously hurt, but.......maybe 3-4 missed games would've been nice to counteract our MASH Unit.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2022, 12:48:36 pm »

you never know how these things work out .. he may play a bit and re-aggravate this and be out longer than 3-4 games .. so it's a gamble they're taking i think.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2022, 09:27:35 am »

you never know how these things work out .. he may play a bit and re-aggravate this and be out longer than 3-4 games .. so it's a gamble they're taking i think.

After Sunday, their next 2 games are against "lesser" competition. So, if he struggles on Sunday, it would make sense they sit him out to properly heal. Don't want to Matthew Stafford up the joint and sink their season.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2022, 09:54:17 am »

After Sunday, their next 2 games are against "lesser" competition. So, if he struggles on Sunday, it would make sense they sit him out to properly heal. Don't want to Matthew Stafford up the joint and sink their season.

If there is any risk of aggravating the injury, I think you need to keep him out - even if that means losing a game. They are 6-2. They can afford to lose a game. They cannot afford to lose their quarterback.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2022, 07:54:42 pm »

This hasn't been posted in for a while.

Miami is 8-4
The Jets are 7-5
The Patriots and Chargers are 6-6

Next week is almost must-win for Miami to make the playoffs.

This game proved they are not an elite team.  They are going to be lucky to make the playoffs.

How many wins will it take?

9?

10?

11 almost certainly gets them in

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2022, 07:59:30 pm »

I've been using the playoff machine to try to predict Miami's chances of making the playoffs and realistically Miami needs to win at least 2 more games to give themselves a good shot at the playoffs. They should be able to get one of those wins against the Packers at home. The other preferably would be either at home against the Jets in week 18 or at the Chargers next week as both of those teams are potential wild card teams themselves. If not one of those 2 then a win against New England would also help. Any of the other games are just gravy and gives them a better shot at the division, but they aren't really needed to help make the playoffs.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 08:47:34 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2022, 08:01:54 pm »

Somebody merge this into the playoff thread

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2022, 08:08:13 pm »

These teams are competing with Miami for the final two spots.

Jets (7-5) 2-2 6-4

Bills, Lions, Jaguars, Seahawks, Dolphins

Patriots (6-6) 2-2 5-3

Cardinals, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Bills

Chargers (6-6) 2-3 4-4

Dolphins, Titans, Rams, Colts, Broncos

Beating the Chargers next week is huge for Miami.

If they lose, their playoff hopes take a HUGE hit
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 08:42:59 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2022, 08:34:19 pm »

11 almost certainly gets them in
I can't find a scenario where Miami doesn't make the playoffs with 11 wins.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray