Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:17:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Playoff Thread 2022
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Playoff Thread 2022  (Read 5765 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2022, 08:48:14 pm »

If the Chargers beat Miami next week the Dolphins will likely have to overcome both New England and the Jets to make the playoffs

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2022, 09:15:34 pm »

If the Chargers beat Miami next week the Dolphins will likely have to overcome both New England and the Jets to make the playoffs
Not both of them, probably one or the other. There's a good chance that Miami's playoff hopes will come down to that last game against the Jets.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:18:21 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2022, 09:17:24 pm »

Not both of them, probably one or the other.

Nope, both.

If the Chargers win next week, they will almost certainly finish ahead of Miami.

To get the last spot, Miami will have to overcome both NE and NYJ

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2022, 09:20:12 pm »

Nope, both.

If the Chargers win next week, they will almost certainly finish ahead of Miami.

To get the last spot, Miami will have to overcome both NE and NYJ
But Miami would still only need to finish with a better record then one of those teams. Since Miami already has a better record then all 3 of those teams they would probably only have to beat one of them to finish with a better record then the team they beat. If they lose to the Chargers you still think the Chargers win their last 3? The chances that the Chargers win their last 3 even if they beat Miami are not that good and unless Miami loses both of the games against the Jets and Patriots, they'd still have a decent shot of making the playoffs. Win one or the other and they most likely finish ahead of one of those teams assuming Miami beats Green Bay. I'm assuming that Miami is going to beat Green Bay. Maybe that's a bad assumption, but if they don't win that game, then there's really nothing to talk about. It becomes a crap shoot for Miami to make the playoffs then.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:24:50 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2022, 09:37:27 pm »

But Miami would still only need to finish with a better record then one of them and since they they already have a better record then both of those teams they would probably only have to beat one of them to finish with a better record then the team they beat. The chances that both New England and the Jets finish ahead of Miami are not good unless Miami loses both of the games against those 2 teams. Win one or the other and they most likely finish ahead of them assuming they beat Green Bay. I'm assuming that Miami is going to beat Green Bay. Maybe that's a bad assumption, but if they don't win that game, then there's really nothing to talk about. It becomes a crap shoot for Miami to make the playoffs then.

They would need to finish ahead of BOTH of NE and NYJ if they lose to the Chargers next week.  

There are four division winners

Then, there is Baltimore or Cincy.

That leaves 2 other spots.

If the Chargers win next week, they will likely finish ahead of Miami

That leaves NE, NYJ, and MIA for the last spot

If Miami beats them both, they are almost guaranteed to finish ahead of both of them.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:44:08 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2022, 09:50:07 pm »

They would need to finish ahead of BOTH of NE and NYJ if they lose to the Chargers next week.  

There are four division winners

Then, there is Baltimore or Cincy.

That leaves 2 other spots.

If the Chargers win next week, they will likely finish ahead of Miami

That leaves NE, NYJ, and MIA for the last spot

If Miami beats them both, they are almost guaranteed to finish ahead of both of them.
Baltimore is not guaranteed to finish ahead of Miami even if Miami loses next week. Neither are the Chargers. You assuming the Chargers are going to beat the Broncos, Colts and the Rams to finish the year? You are assuming a LOT of wins for them. Maybe the Chargers win 2 of those games, but all 3? Unlikely given the way they are playing lately.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:07:11 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2022, 09:52:23 pm »

Baltimore is not guaranteed to finish ahead of Miami even if Miami loses next week. Neither are the Chargers, they would have to win out if Miami beats Green Bay and either the Jets or the Patriots. You are assuming a LOT of wins for other teams while also assuming a lot of losses for Miami.

Yes, because Miami is not that good of a team.  They could easily be 4-8 or 5-7.  Their defense is atrocious.  Did you not watch them get carved up by Mr. Irrelevant?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2022, 09:53:09 pm »

Baltimore has a cupcake schedule the rest of the way.

So do the Chargers

You can't assume Miami will beat Green Bay.  
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:05:49 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2022, 10:08:33 pm »

Baltimore has a cupcake schedule the rest of the way.

So do the Chargers

You can't assume Miami will beat Green Bay.  
But you CAN assume the Chargers will beat the Colts, Rams and Broncos with 2 of those games away? Not sure the Chargers defense is any better than Miami's. I think you are overestimating just how good they are and probably also Green Bay. Baltimore hung on for dear life to beat the Broncos 10-9 today. Soft schedule or not they still have to win those games.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 10:18:07 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2022, 01:11:15 pm »

If the Bills defeat the Jets next week, Miami should have a clear path in:

Beat the Patriots and the Jets

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2022, 01:30:43 pm »

Where is this coming from?

We have a two game lead over the Chargers.

Even if they beat us, we'd still be ahead of them.  And we will be favored in 3 of 4 remaining games after that.

On top of that, we're just a better team than the Chargers.  They are upside down in point differential and a .500 team.

Barring a complete collapse, even with a loss, the fact that other teams around us lost, pretty much guaranteed us a spot in the playoffs.  The closest team to knock us out is 2 games back and most of these teams are playing each other are are gonna knock each other down anyway.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2022, 02:02:27 pm »

Even if they beat us, we'd still be ahead of them.  And we will be favored in 3 of 4 remaining games after that.

On top of that, we're just a better team than the Chargers.  They are upside down in point differential and a .500 team.

Barring a complete collapse, even with a loss, the fact that other teams around us lost, pretty much guaranteed us a spot in the playoffs.  The closest team to knock us out is 2 games back and most of these teams are playing each other are are gonna knock each other down anyway.

He's assuming the Chargers win out while we lose at least 3 more games. I don't agree with either scenario.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2022, 02:36:48 pm »

Even if they beat us, we'd still be ahead of them.  And we will be favored in 3 of 4 remaining games after that.

On top of that, we're just a better team than the Chargers.  They are upside down in point differential and a .500 team.

Barring a complete collapse, even with a loss, the fact that other teams around us lost, pretty much guaranteed us a spot in the playoffs.  The closest team to knock us out is 2 games back and most of these teams are playing each other are are gonna knock each other down anyway.

The chargers and patriots are 6-6

The dolphins are 8-4

If the Chargers win next week, not only do they cut Miami’s lead in half, but they get the head to head tiebreaker, which is effectively a game in hand

This means we would have to finish the season with the same record in our final four games as the chargers.  Not likely

The Patriots are 6-6, but have a much tougher schedule. However, if they lose to the bills, the Dolphins would only have to beat the Jets or Bills to claim tiebreaker over them, even if the Patriots beat the Dolphins.

We are not even close to guaranteed a spot in the playoffs

A couple of points

1) I am considering the team's history.  20 years of cracking when playoff berths are on the line, including the last two seasons

2) You guys think this team is so good.  They are not.  They are literally half a team.  They will be LUCKY to make the playoffs. 5 games could easily have been losses.  They are like the 2013 Patriots, only that team actually had a defense and an out-of-this world kicker whose ability to make long field goals literally flipped several games this year.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 02:52:03 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2022, 02:45:48 pm »

He's assuming the Chargers win out while we lose at least 3 more games. I don't agree with either scenario.

If the Chargers beat the Dolphins next week, they only need to finish one game ahead of Miami in the final four games to overtake them.  Given the differences in their schedule, that is almost a certainty.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2022, 02:46:51 pm »

But you CAN assume the Chargers will beat the Colts, Rams and Broncos with 2 of those games away? Not sure the Chargers defense is any better than Miami's. I think you are overestimating just how good they are and probably also Green Bay. Baltimore hung on for dear life to beat the Broncos 10-9 today. Soft schedule or not they still have to win those games.

All three of those teams are horrible

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray