Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:19:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Basketball Season Starts Today!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Basketball Season Starts Today!!!!  (Read 5837 times)
DenverFinFan
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2022, 08:59:56 pm »

I have to say the NBA Christmas games were pretty fun. Denver has one of the best players in decades and he’s a treat to watch. He should get a third MVP and if  Murray can get back to where he was going and if Porter can even slightly live up to his potential then they can be a scary team. It’d be great for my city and I’d love nothing more than us to beat Boston in this years finals Wink
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2022, 01:13:43 pm »

This might not be the Patriots season, but Bruins and Celtics are both in first place.  #TitleTown #LifeIsGood

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2022, 11:47:56 pm »

This might not be the Patriots season, but Bruins and Celtics are both in first place.  #TitleTown #LifeIsGood

Well I am a Bruins and Celtics fan so I like this post of yours, but the Red Sox and Patriots suck! lol
DenverFinFan
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2023, 01:40:29 pm »

Well the Nuggets beat the Celtics last night so there was some sports justice at least.

3 time MVP no way around it!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2023, 10:46:24 pm »

Oh man. What a finish with Nuggets game. My favorite bone heads have really came through for me on dolphins loss days.

A loss which I’m happy about to reiterate how I feel after today.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2023, 10:03:02 am »

So I walked up to my local sports bar last night with my lakers hat on to watch the Lakers and Celtics game. Most folks here  know that I’m in Boston, so you know the risk that I’m taking. Cheesy Received some friendly shit talking from some staff and customers. But that’s cool. I enjoy some FRIENDLY  shit talking. And at the end of the game after the refs missed a foul on Lebron James I got some sympathy and fist bumps and hand shakes from some of the people sitting around me. It was a good time. Good overall experience and an enjoyable evening.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2023, 11:14:53 am »

So I walked up to my local sports bar last night with my lakers hat on to watch the Lakers and Celtics game. Most folks here  know that I’m in Boston, so you know the risk that I’m taking. Cheesy Received some friendly shit talking from some staff and customers. But that’s cool. I enjoy some FRIENDLY  shit talking. And at the end of the game after the refs missed a foul on Lebron James I got some sympathy and fist bumps and hand shakes from some of the people sitting around me. It was a good time. Good overall experience and an enjoyable evening.

That is the way it should be.  Shit talk opposing fans but throwing beer, vandalizing their car or beating them up doesn't make you a super fan it makes you an asshole

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2023, 09:34:34 am »

Phoenix trades for Kevin Durant last night... Lots of draft picks, but all of them late-late first round, so none would end up matching Durant.

Now we're looking at Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Chris Paul and Deandre Ayton together in the starting-5.

Wow!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2023, 09:52:30 am »

Phoenix trades for Kevin Durant last night... Lots of draft picks, but all of them late-late first round, so none would end up matching Durant.

Now we're looking at Kevin Durant, Devin Booker, Chris Paul and Deandre Ayton together in the starting-5.

Wow!!

Nets are 10 games above .500 and decided to blow it up. What a disaster that franchise is with a terrible owner. They still have weak Ben Simmons for a few more years.

Suns looking good, I always applaud teams that go for it to win a championship rather than rest on their laurels.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2023, 10:22:07 am »

Nets are 10 games above .500 and decided to blow it up. What a disaster that franchise is with a terrible owner. They still have weak Ben Simmons for a few more years.

Suns looking good, I always applaud teams that go for it to win a championship rather than rest on their laurels.

As a sports fan, I second that "go for it to win a championship" mentality. The 49ers are going for it with the addition of McCaffrey, my Padres doing it with the addition of Juan Soto, and now my Suns doing it with Durant.

I'm loving it...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2023, 10:44:09 am »

As a sports fan, I second that "go for it to win a championship" mentality. The 49ers are going for it with the addition of McCaffrey, my Padres doing it with the addition of Juan Soto, and now my Suns doing it with Durant.

I'm loving it...

I'm jealous of your teams desire to win it all. The Knicks' despicable owner is so rich, we should have Lebron as our 6th man but we're trading for bit players like Josh Hart instead.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2023, 12:27:44 pm »

A lot of teams trying to make moves to beat the Nuggets, but this is their year.

( I hope )
DenverFinFan
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2023, 01:07:29 pm »

Anyone gonna watch the All-Star game?

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-vs-world-players-feature-all-star-2023

I love this idea btw
« Last Edit: February 17, 2023, 01:31:47 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2023, 02:15:45 pm »

Anyone gonna watch the All-Star game?

https://www.nba.com/news/nba-vs-world-players-feature-all-star-2023

I love this idea btw

Why watch the All-Star game when the average score of a regular season game is 125-121 due to no defense being played?
Denver2

Email
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2023, 09:30:44 pm »

I have to say the NBA Christmas games were pretty fun. Denver has one of the best players in decades and he’s a treat to watch. He should get a third MVP and if  Murray can get back to where he was going and if Porter can even slightly live up to his potential then they can be a scary team. It’d be great for my city and I’d love nothing more than us to beat Boston in this years finals Wink

Well I would have preferred to beat Boston just because I hate the city and people of Boston but hey I was pretty right.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray