Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:12:42 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  We are nfc south fans tomorrow
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: We are nfc south fans tomorrow  (Read 1150 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 05, 2022, 10:24:04 pm »

Except for Tampa bay.

Btw, how come we are not in the afc south?  When realignment happened it should have been us who left, not Indy.  What a rip

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 01:41:34 am »

Btw, how come we are not in the afc south?  When realignment happened it should have been us who left, not Indy.  What a rip
The NFL prioritized preserving existing division rivalries in the 2002 realignment.  MIA had a stronger rivalry with the Bills, Jets, and Patriots than IND did at the time.  (The two South divisions were basically cobbled together from teams that didn't have strong division rivalries, mostly because they hadn't been any good for most of their existence; at the time of realignment, the 8 teams in the AFC South and NFC South had a combined total of 1 Super Bowl championship, and that one championship was in a previous city.)

This is the same reason that a team from Dallas, Texas remained in the NFC East.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 09:57:59 am »

Honestly the biggest reason we didn't move was Don Shula. He didn't want to move and had a lot of influence.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2022, 08:22:30 pm »

I find that hard to believe given that he was no longer our coach at the time.  Dave Wannestedt was.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2022, 08:35:09 pm »

It was to protect the Brady/NE conspiracy. Manning was out of the east and we are at a disadvantage having to play cold weather teams ( as bad as we’ve been we’ve been the only real thorn in Tommy Cheat’s side )
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2022, 08:40:50 pm »

The new division alignments were determined in May of 2001, before Brady had started a single game in the NFL.
No one cared about "protecting" a sixth-round pick on a 5-11 team, nor did they care about moving Peyton Manning (a QB who had never won a playoff game at that point) out of the East.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 08:47:33 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 09:50:43 pm »

The new division alignments were determined in May of 2001, before Brady had started a single game in the NFL.
No one cared about "protecting" a sixth-round pick on a 5-11 team, nor did they care about moving Peyton Manning (a QB who had never won a playoff game at that point) out of the East.

I’m doing a bit
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 10:20:51 pm »

my mistake  Cheesy

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 11:27:38 pm »

Literally, everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Brady will be hoisting another trophy after this season.  It blows

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 04:19:03 am »

Literally, everything that could go wrong did go wrong.

Brady will be hoisting another trophy after this season.  It blows
So if I understand correctly:

Tom Brady is "very lucky," but also, the refs treat him unfairly and make bad calls against his team all the time.
Also, he's definitely going to win the Super Bowl this year, which you do not support.
When you expressed concern about Tom Brady going undefeated last year, and this year, and AGAIN this year, it was definitely not because you were rooting for Tom Brady.  Quite the opposite, in fact!

All of those things, which sound very similar to what a huge fan of Tom Brady might sound like, actually indicate the opposite in your case.
Because you have clearly stated that you do not want Tom Brady to win, which therefore overrules all other observations you make about him.

It's like how if someone asks me, "Are you mad?" and I say, "No, I'm not mad, actually, I'm laughing," then - no matter what else I say - it means I'm not mad.
Because I just said so.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 08:47:37 am »

I find that hard to believe given that he was no longer our coach at the time.  Dave Wannestedt was.
Don still held a lot of influence with the competition committee as he had sat on it for over 20 years. In fact, we (the Dolphins) still have a rep on the competition committee in Chris Grier.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 01:03:45 pm »

I don't think it's even necessary to have The Don pull strings.  Most of the decisions were pretty obvious, even then.

The Colts only joined the AFC East because they had a grudge against the Jets after SBIII.  That grudge ended 20 years before the split.
Jacksonville and Nashville only had ~six years in the AFC Central to build rivalries, and Cleveland had a ready-made rivalry with Baltimore (one that the Titans could potentially recreate with the Texans).
Seattle was the only non-AFL team in their division (this also applied to the Colts).
Arizona was the runt market in the NFC East, in addition to being the most distant city from the rest of the division.
Tampa was the only market in the Central outside of the Great Lakes.
The NFC West having three teams in states bordering the Atlantic Ocean was always ridiculous.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2022, 02:54:52 pm »

Brady will be hoisting another trophy after this season. 

The chances of that happening are slim to none...and Slim just left town, with the nun riding shotgun.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray