Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:05:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Pelosi attack
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Pelosi attack  (Read 912 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: November 07, 2022, 05:28:59 pm »

This should be interesting but as usual I'm curius about you guys' take on the situation. From what I've read and watched ...

The guy was there at least 30 minutes before police were called and it happened in the middle of night. Pelosi answered the door and let the police in but didn't seem or act like he was in fear or distress and walked the officers back in. I think they were also in their underwear. Anyway, Pelosi was standing with the hammer and the guy took it and bashed him in the head in front of the police. Politics aside and the fact this guy has a history of mental illness it just seems like an odd story. Seems even more stage that NBC removed their story from the internet. If the guy broke in and was dangerous then why did Pelosi go back in once the police were there? Why didn't he seem scared? It sounds to me like they were having a disagreement and things turned bad. Wouldn't be too far fetched to think it was some sort of gay love affar gone wrong.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2022, 06:05:33 pm »

After years of encouraging violence to affect politics (the definition of terrorism) conservatives like you are doing everything in your power to misinformation the terrorism when it occurs. 

Gay sex is a new angle.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2022, 09:26:18 pm »

Presented without comment:

Subject: What do you think of dirty politics?
Please don't turn this into a republican democrat bashing because both sides do it. I'm asking about things like what Gloria Aldred and Donald Trump are trying to do and have done before.  Do you agree with it or does it make you sick to you stomach?

The older I get the less tolerant I have for either. At the end of the day I don't care if Obama was born here and I don't care that the Obama's got divorced or whatever skeleton's Aldred has.  Maybe it's being a Chrisitan and realizing everyone has a past but I know both guys have both a positive and a negative history and I don't think it always defines a person.

Subject: What do you hold in high respect?
We used to be a country that held certain things in high respect but that seems to be coming obsolete as the older generations die off. We used to respect things like our elders, the Pledge of Allegiance, National Anthem, and authority figures but now it seems more important NOT to respect any of those things.

Here is my question ... is there anything that you hold in high respect regardless of how you may feel about them? If so, why?

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2022, 08:33:18 am »

After years of encouraging violence to affect politics (the definition of terrorism) conservatives like you are doing everything in your power to misinformation the terrorism when it occurs.  

Gay sex is a new angle.
Are you speaking about the rhetoric that sent the guy to shoot up the republicans at the baseball practice or the guy who showed up to Justice Kavanugh's house with a gun to kidnap and kill him? Possibly you are speaking about the man who grabbed and assualted gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt in Nevada? Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton, Corey Booker and so many others have openly supported violence against Republicans so you can come off your high horse.

For this conversation I really was leaving politics out of it. The story seems phishy to me and I was curious if anyone else was getting those vibes. I couldn't care less what Tucker Carlson or Don Lemon think. It's my opinion that the story is phony and if so, there is another side to it. Not sure why I expected you guys to be mature enough to carry on a conversation without making it political.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 08:36:39 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2022, 10:00:43 am »

Doesn't sound fishy to me.  Based on the actual reporting from the police, it sounds like a guy broke in and tried to kidnap Nancy Pelosi because he had been radicalized by conservative conspiracy.  Instead, he beat on her husband.

All these other angles seem to be conspiracy theories.  If new info comes out from the authorities, I will feel differently, but so far, it seems pretty clear.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:05:30 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2022, 11:40:45 am »

Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton, Corey Booker and so many others have openly supported violence against Republicans so you can come off your high horse.

That is a lie.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2022, 12:47:47 pm »

Are you speaking about the rhetoric that sent the guy to shoot up the republicans at the baseball practice or the guy who showed up to Justice Kavanugh's house with a gun to kidnap and kill him? Possibly you are speaking about the man who grabbed and assualted gubernatorial candidate Adam Laxalt in Nevada?
When those things happened, did you see us posting threads on here that were Just Asking Questions about whether the entire attack was a cover story for a gay affair?

For this conversation I really was leaving politics out of it.
Leaving politics out of it, did Donald Trump pay to have a Russian hooker pee on him?  I'm just asking questions here because it seems fishy.

Give me a break with this "I'm leaving politics out of it" nonsense.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2022, 01:48:58 pm »

Doesn't sound fishy to me.  Based on the actual reporting from the police, it sounds like a guy broke in and tried to kidnap Nancy Pelosi because he had been radicalized by conservative conspiracy.  Instead, he beat on her husband.

All these other angles seem to be conspiracy theories.  If new info comes out from the authorities, I will feel differently, but so far, it seems pretty clear.
If its conspiracy then it started from a liberal source. It's not like FOX, Newsmax, or the dreaded Daily Mail said it. It was the NBC national broadcast team.

On Friday's installment of "Today," NBC News national correspondent Miguel Almaguer went viral for stunning revelations of what apparently transpired when police arrived to Pelosi's San Francisco home. "Sources familiar with what unfolded in the Pelosi residence now revealing when officers responded to the 'high priority call,' they were seemingly unaware they've been called to the home of the Speaker of the House," Almaguer told viewers. "After a 'knock and announce,' the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or tried to leave his home but instead began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police. It's unclear if the 82-year-old was already injured or what his mental state was, say sources."
"According to court documents, when the officer asked what was going on, defendant smiled and said 'everything's good' but instantaneously a struggle ensued as police clearly saw David DePape strike Paul Pelosi in the head with a hammer. After tackling the suspect, officers rushed to Mr. Pelosi who was lying in a pool of blood," Almaguer continued.

I don't belive Trump when he says a lot of stuff and it's kind of hard to take the Pelosi story at face value when "originally" it was different and didn't paint the narative being exploited today.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2022, 02:04:02 pm »

What you're reporting isn't from NBC.  It's a FoxNews article about NBC retracting the one original report from "Today".

NBC retracted their original story.  Probably because it was erroneous.  That happens all the time.

What's the suggestion you're making?  That NBC is covering up Paul Pelosi's gay affair?

Edit -- I just did 2 seconds of digging:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/11/05/nbc-paul-pelosi-retracted-story/

They pulled the story because they were using an unnamed source that they determined was unreliable.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2022, 02:13:41 pm »

The story that spurred conspiracy theories about the attack on Paul Pelosi was retracted by NBC (date: November 5, 2022)

NBC has retracted a story that aired yesterday about the attack on Paul Pelosi that spurred conspiracy theories about the assault, saying the "Today" show segment "did not meet NBC News reporting standards." 

The report by NBC News National Correspondent Miguel Almaguer, which relied on anonymous sourcing, erroneously indicated Paul Pelosi answered the door to police officers prior to being attacked and gave no signal to law enforcement that he was in danger, instead walking back toward his assailant and away from police.

"The decision was made to remove the segment after it was determined, shortly after it aired, that the main source for the information was unreliable regarding the question of the circumstances that the police encountered when they arrived at the house," a person with knowledge of the situation, who asked not to be named in order to discuss the reporting, told Insider.

NBC specifically called into question "what the police saw and how far the attacker was from the door," they added.

Almaguer's reporting contradicted what officials have revealed about the incident — specifically, that Pelosi was struggling with the attacker when they arrived and entered the home, having responded to his 911 call.

---

The story was retracted due to reliance on "anonymous sourcing" less than 24 hours after being published, but no worries... conservatives will keep on pounding it for months.

Note that in no part of that story is ANY SORT of reference to a jilted gay lover, which you were peddling in your original post.  That's how this works: y'all start up with some BS nonsense about how Hillary Clinton had Seth Rich murdered for leaking information, and then when you're called out on spreading misinformation, you cite some milquetoast mainstream news article about "unanswered questions" that has nothing to do with the substance of the crazy conspiracy you were just spouting.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2022, 02:33:30 pm »

Aside from the specifics of this particular attack, I do understand political violence.

While not condoning it, I realize that it is inevitable.  It's an equalizer for the oppressed or the abused.

So, like Jan 6th, for example.  I don't actually fault the action -- if your country is literally taken over by usurpers who have stolen and thrown away legal votes in a grand conspiracy, I can understand why you think it's your patriotic duty to hang them at the gallows.

My problem with it is that it's all built on a lie -- those perpetrating it and giving it life know it's a lie, and they know that political violence is the end result.

And in regard to Pelosi, it's kinda the same thing -- if she really is a despotic tyrant who is secretly involves in child trafficking cabals, then dragging her into the streets is a logical conclusion.  It's how humanity deals with tyrants.  The issue is that it's not true.  She's an elected official who is doing things the right way and her opponents know this about her.  Those that disagree with her are painting her as something illegal and tyrannical with conspiracy theories about child endangerment, which rallies their base and gets them money, but activates the hardest core to think she needs to be killed.  We reap what we have sown.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2022, 03:02:12 pm »

Political violence in this country for the most part are people who are mentally unstable. It doesn't matter what DeSantis tells me or your favorite politician tells you I don't think either of us will go out and attack another politician. I think it's just like the people who rioted, robbed, and looted during the BLM protests ... they are nutballs who are looking for an excuse to do it.  John Lennon was killed by a guy looking for fame and Ronald Reagan was shot because a guy loved Jodie Foster.  It's nutballs doing it and poltics has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2022, 03:11:29 pm »

Political violence in this country for the most part are people who are mentally unstable.
...that is, unless they are jilted gay lovers, which is the theory you offered when creating this thread.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2022, 03:16:47 pm »

...that is, unless they are jilted gay lovers, which is the theory you offered when creating this thread.
You honestly make me laugh out loud some times even though I'm sure that wasn't your intention. Yes ... that was the whole point of my post. I'm glad you got it.  

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2022, 05:30:11 pm »

I think it's just like the people who rioted, robbed, and looted during the BLM protests ... they are nutballs who are looking for an excuse to do it.

I think it's a mistake to think that those that riot or rob or loot are nutjobs.  It's not like entire communities are full of crazy people.

Likewise, Jan 6th wasn't just a mob of the mentally ill.  Those are probably lots of hard-working members of society...there are a few crazies mixed in, I'm sure.  But political unrest, whether it be destruction or violence, is built into the fabric of humanity.

Damn near every right we have is because someone literally fought to get it and most of those fights weren't legal.  They burned down a city or rioted in the streets or disrupted the peace in some manner.

The Boston Tea Party is the same as The Capitol Riot.  It's just that one is founded on bullshit lies.  Those people thought they were the same.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray