Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:30:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Other Respiratory Illnesses
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Other Respiratory Illnesses  (Read 1167 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 09, 2022, 02:38:48 am »

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/rhode-island-pediatric-beds-are-100-full-surge-respiratory-viruses-rcna56019

it seems like hospitals are filling up again, but not because of Covid, but because of RSV, the flue, and other diseases.

Is this a normal occurrence in the fall?

Could it mean that the Covid-19 data was falsified, and people in the hospital who were recorded as having Covid did not have it?

For example, a young boy with RSV goes the the hospital.  He tests positive for Covid there.  The hospital records him as a Covid case, even though Covid had nothing to do with him being there.

Maybe this is what Dave experienced when he went to a full hospital.

mod edit: fixed link
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 03:36:05 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 03:36:13 am »

Is your theory here that the millions of sick people in hospitals over the last two years was actually just a normal amount of people sick with common, existing diseases?

Maybe there was a secret, super deadly version of RSV that started going around in late 2019; let's call it "RSV-19."  And all the people who the authorities claimed were sick with COVID-19 were REALLY sick with "RSV-19" instead.

note: When you want to post a link, just paste the link directly.  Every time you try to add forum markup code, you just break the link.  I edited and fixed your post.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 08:05:26 am »

Could it mean that the Covid-19 data was falsified, and people in the hospital who were recorded as having Covid did not have it?

Stop acting the idiot. Even if you somehow could theoretically buy into some huge conspiracy domestically, it would be blown out of the water in no time in other countries (even just Canada) where the economics of health care are completely different and wouldn't provide any incentive for such a conspiracy.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 03:03:08 pm »

Is your theory here that the millions of sick people in hospitals over the last two years was actually just a normal amount of people sick with common, existing diseases?

Maybe there was a secret, super deadly version of RSV that started going around in late 2019; let's call it "RSV-19."  And all the people who the authorities claimed were sick with COVID-19 were REALLY sick with "RSV-19" instead.

note: When you want to post a link, just paste the link directly.  Every time you try to add forum markup code, you just break the link.  I edited and fixed your post.

No.

I'm suggesting that Covid started going around.

People with Covid wound up in the hospital.

Other people with other respiratory diseases wound up in the hospital, too.

Those people tested positive for Covid

These people were counted as Covid-hospitalizations

This inflated the severity of the pandemic.

Therefore, our medical system was loaded, but not because of Covid, but because of other respiratory illnesses.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 03:19:34 pm »

no
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 06:01:27 pm »

No.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2022, 02:10:39 am »

Nah man I work in the funeral business last few years were insane..excess mortality off the charts. Yes it is common that people die more in fall/winter because of respiratory illnesses but nothing like that, the worst flu seasons in the last 25 years weren’t event close.

And we still get a lot of Covid, there are more deaths in the busy season and always will be because it’s endemic now.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2022, 06:44:36 pm »

https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/wellness/story/pediatric-hospital-beds-filled-highest-rate-years-data-92815012

Nationwide now.  Pediatric beds are filling.  

Is this normal?  Are these diseases new diseases?  How do they differ from Covid?

Can we be vaccinated against them?

If there is a Covid surge, could this prove troubling?

If these are airborne illnesses, maybe having kids wear masks is not such a bad idea after all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 06:50:09 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2022, 11:24:32 pm »

Take it from a dad who has a sick first grader, and from her mother who is an RN. There are a lot of nasty viruses blowing through schools right now, at least in the Boston area. Not Covid or RSV, just some nasty things going around that are knocking kids on their asses. People get sick. That’s all. I remember telling a germaphobe friend of mine after he freaked out about watching a mouse die in his house because obviously the mouse died from mad cow disease. I had to remind him that no, man. Sometimes things just die. He was a basket case for days after that.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2022, 11:31:56 pm by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2022, 11:40:15 am »

Anectdotal, but my entire family, short of me so far, is really, really, really sick.

Not COVID -- but poop-your-pants-while-puking-in-your-bed sick.  I've dealt with more liquid poo and vomit on every surface in the last 24 hours to last a lifetime.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2022, 12:32:08 pm »

did they eat the fish ?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2022, 12:35:21 pm by Fau Teixeira » Logged
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2022, 12:43:23 pm »

Sad

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2022, 03:17:26 pm »

Anectdotal, but my entire family, short of me so far, is really, really, really sick.

Not COVID -- but poop-your-pants-while-puking-in-your-bed sick.  I've dealt with more liquid poo and vomit on every surface in the last 24 hours to last a lifetime.
I bought a bidet after my trip to Japan a few years back.
One of the best investments I've made, especially when I had food poisoning.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2022, 04:08:26 pm »

I bought a bidet after my trip to Japan a few years back.
One of the best investments I've made, especially when I had food poisoning.

My parents live in europe and my dad swears by them. He's of the opinion that americans not having them is just uncivilized.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2022, 04:31:43 pm »

My parents live in europe and my dad swears by them. He's of the opinion that americans not having them is just uncivilized.

There are a lot of things like that.  It seems like most people who claim America is the greatest county in the world has done limited or no international travel.  And anyone with extensive international travel has a laundry list of thing the US could do better.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray