Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:16:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  "Silencers"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: "Silencers"  (Read 427 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: November 12, 2022, 11:21:31 pm »

So one of the Republican candidates who just lost was Blake Masters, running for US Senator from Arizona.  He lost to sitting Senator Mark Kelly.  The reasons are fairly obvious: Masters is a ghoul, for reasons too numerous to go into here.  Recently, this campaign video - campaign video! - has popped up, showing Masters firing a Walther PPK with a "dead air mask silencer" (his words), in a hamfisted attempt to ingratiate himself with gun lovers (but apparently, those who will not fly into a blind rage upon hearing the term "silencer").  I found this video interesting.

I am aware that "silencers" (or suppressors) do not actually make the high-pitched zip! noise shown in nearly every movie.  However, in other videos I've seen (like this and this), they still make a noticeable bang... just a smaller one.  But in the first video I linked at the top, there's the click from the gun action, and the shell landing I suppose, and then the slap of the bullet hitting the target.  No audible explosion from the gun whatsoever.

So, two questions:

1) Is that video from Masters a fair representation of existing products that are currently available to everyday citizens (in good legal standing)?
2) If guns with the sound profile shown in Masters' video were widely available, would America be safer or less safe from criminal activity?

edit: corrected broken URL
« Last Edit: September 01, 2023, 02:15:08 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2022, 11:35:56 pm »

Every time I had to sit through a Blake Masters commercial leading up to the election here in AZ, I did a slow burn. Between he and Gov candidate Kari Lake, not sure who I despised the most.

Glad we came up blue where it counted the most...whew!!  And proud that I voted early for Kelly and Masters.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2022, 01:25:40 am »

While not exactly on topic, it should be noted in that video he fired 16 rounds without reloading, however that gun has a capacity of 6.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2022, 04:19:52 am »

There are cuts in the editing, which would allow for reloading.
He does fire 7 times in one cut, though. 6 round magazine + 1 chambered round, I guess?  I'm sure there are plenty of people who can explain it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray