Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:25:10 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Bears
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Bears  (Read 1045 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 06, 2022, 04:11:08 pm »

Tua and sanders

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2022, 04:29:36 pm »

Sanders. edit: On second thought, Boyer.  Sanders missed one easy kick, but the defense got abused by Fields for 3.5 quarters.

Suggesting Tua as SOTG when he had a 300yd/3TD/0INT/135.7rtg game is clownish.  The Dolphins lose this game by double digits with Teddy behind center.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 01:50:13 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2022, 05:10:05 pm »

He missed two open throws that could have sealed the game

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2022, 05:36:19 pm »

I'll go with Josh Boyer --

He failed to adjust to account for a scrambling QB, which set an NFL record.  We faced the most sacked team in the game and came away with 1.  We couldn't tackle in the open field or guys that we wrapped up.  We didn't finish plays.

I drink your milkshake!
Garrett

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2022, 05:42:26 pm »

Jaelan Phillips by far! He kept biting on the inside fake hand off over and over  again.  Then Fields would run right around him. I knew exactly what  was going  to  happen  before each snap, and he couldn't catch on. Most of Fields rushing  yards were because  he  screwed up! I can't believe  the coaches didn't  get  on his ass and  fix it. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2022, 08:50:41 pm »

I'll go with Josh Boyer --

He failed to adjust to account for a scrambling QB, which set an NFL record.  We faced the most sacked team in the game and came away with 1.  We couldn't tackle in the open field or guys that we wrapped up.  We didn't finish plays.

I was going to say the defense, but on second thought I'll go with Josh Boyer.  I realize there are injuries, but two weeks in a row the Defense was outplayed by not so great offenses.  Luckily Miami has two more relatively easy games to get it figured out.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2022, 03:38:56 am »

I was going to say the defense, but on second thought I'll go with Josh Boyer.
I think the established tradition for Game Balls/Shame of the Game is that if you want to call out an entire unit (good or bad), you pick the unit coach.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2022, 05:43:32 am »

It really feels like you are trolling quite often.

Tua didn't have a perfect game, no, but he played exceptionally well. On the other hand, the defense played like absolute garbage. And you're singling out Tua for a SotG? That makes zero sense.

Look, if you want a more "human", but still relatively objective, rating for Tua which takes things like the missed throws (to the extent that is what they were) into account, go look at PFF's grades for Tua or ESPN's QBR. If they are low on Tua for this game, hey, perhaps you have a point. Looking them up, they are >90 for PFF and 81.4 for QBR. Both are better than ANY quarterback for the season (and that quarterback happens to be Tua) as a whole.

Take a good honest look at yourself and how you grade things. I would wager this also comes into play in other aspects of your life, unless you are just way trolling and all this is just bs. You tend to have an extreme case of tunnel vision on details that (seem to) support the narrative you have already bought into.

Oh, and I'll give my SoTG to Boyer. The defense was poorly prepared for a mobile quarterback, was completely unable to get pressure on the most sacked quarterback through most of the game, the tackling was horrendous, the angles of pursuit were completely off, and the underneath coverage was bad.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 05:46:36 am by fyo » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2022, 10:02:23 am »

But he still had over 300 yards, 3 TDs and no INTs with a QBR rating of 135.7. If those two passes are what you grade off of then you must really hate the rest of the league ... hahaha. Nobody is perfect but he's been damn close.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2022, 10:28:33 am »

D4L just isn't credible.

Tua's performance was one of the best in Dolphins history.  He missed a couple of throws because he's not a robot.

I don't think Tua gets enough credit for running the offense, either.  Even the successful runs are half-the-time because Tua elected it because of correctly reading the RPO.  He's got split-second decisions to make on whether to run or keep and he's been doing super well.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray