Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:25:50 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - vs. Texans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - vs. Texans  (Read 1196 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 27, 2022, 04:15:31 pm »

McDaniel because he passed on third and eleven in the second half, when he should have ran the ball and forced the Texans to use their last timeout

The punt coverage team.

mod edit: added opponent to thread title
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 05:58:40 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 05:52:17 pm »

Skylar Thompson, I guess?

I mean, really it's nobody.  But if you put in your backup QB and they can't do anything but 3 and outs over and over again, that's troubling.  I don't expect much, and he provided less.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 06:40:10 pm »

I mean, really it's nobody.  But if you put in your backup QB and they can't do anything but 3 and outs over and over again, that's troubling.  I don't expect much, and he provided less.

Was Teddy injured? I get wanting to develop Thompson some and Bridgewater isn’t very good but I feel he would have handled it better.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2022, 06:40:43 pm »

He had such a promising pre-season, I really expected more out of him.  It's the fucking Texans man!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2022, 08:54:23 am »

I mean, really it's nobody.  But if you put in your backup QB and they can't do anything but 3 and outs over and over again, that's troubling.  I don't expect much, and he provided less.
Tua was getting killed before Skyler came in. In fact we started playing poorly on our 2 minute offense to close out the first half. Tua was litterally sacked 3 plays in a row and 4 times all together. His 2 series in the second half were the same as Thompson who only threw 5 balls. Once we lost Armstead our offensive line became offensive again. It seems like he may be our MVP as much a Tua & Hill.

My shame is Austin Jackson who missed 2 1/2 months with a sprained ankle to only go out with another injury in his first game back.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 08:57:34 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2022, 09:18:06 am »

I hope Armstead has a quick recovery, because Lord knows Tua will need all the protection he can get against SF's pass rush next week.

For SotG in this one, I'd definitely go with Skylar. I know he's just the back-up, but he has to play better than that...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2022, 09:24:47 am »

Tua was getting killed before Skyler came in. In fact we started playing poorly on our 2 minute offense to close out the first half. Tua was litterally sacked 3 plays in a row and 4 times all together. His 2 series in the second half were the same as Thompson who only threw 5 balls. Once we lost Armstead our offensive line became offensive again. It seems like he may be our MVP as much a Tua & Hill.

My shame is Austin Jackson who missed 2 1/2 months with a sprained ankle to only go out with another injury in his first game back.

Yeah, he is too weak for the NFL. Tua managed to recover from Flores, I don't think Jackson will.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2022, 09:28:23 am »

Was Teddy injured? I get wanting to develop Thompson some and Bridgewater isn’t very good but I feel he would have handled it better.

I can't say 100% that he was injured (I think he was recovering), but I know Teddy wasn't active.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 09:43:27 am »

I can't say 100% that he was injured (I think he was recovering), but I know Teddy wasn't active.
It's been kind of strange as he got hurt in practice. Kind of rare that a back up QB gets hurt in practice. Seems to be in good spirits on the sideline so he is enjoying himself regardless. I guess that fat check helps but I have to wonder if it is just them wanting Skyler to get some experience.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2022, 09:59:37 am »

It's been kind of strange as he got hurt in practice. Kind of rare that a back up QB gets hurt in practice. Seems to be in good spirits on the sideline so he is enjoying himself regardless. I guess that fat check helps but I have to wonder if it is just them wanting Skyler to get some experience.

I don't think they would do that during a playoff push. God forbid Tua got hurt and had to leave at halftime, Skylar could cost us the game. If it's Week 18 and our playoff spot has been solidified, then rest Tua and let Skylar or Teddy play.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2022, 10:03:49 am »

I don't think they would do that during a playoff push. God forbid Tua got hurt and had to leave at halftime, Skylar could cost us the game. If it's Week 18 and our playoff spot has been solidified, then rest Tua and let Skylar or Teddy play.
I don't think Skyler costs us if he has an oline giving him a moment. Remember he was playing fine against against the Vikings until he got hurt and had to leave. It was offensive penalties that were killing us. I think we had like 4 on his first drive. It was crazy.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray