Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:55:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Byron Jones Looks to Be a Contract Issue
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Byron Jones Looks to Be a Contract Issue  (Read 1383 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2022, 12:52:17 pm »

Weekly Update from Coach McDaniel:

McDaniel was asked about byron jones: "he's absolutely going to be able to play when he's able to. when that is...my crystal ball is broken...but it's the same story as last time."

he then jokes that miami is winning games because everyone continues to ask about byron jones.

He didn't seem agitated when answering, but his words basically said "He ain't playing again for the team, so quit asking".
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2022, 02:09:34 pm »

He's not even running on the sidelines. He's just been AWOL lately. Just more strange to the story as he was doing that a few weeks ago.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2022, 02:30:22 pm »

He's not even running on the sidelines. He's just been AWOL lately. Just more strange to the story as he was doing that a few weeks ago.

I think both sides are on the same page in regards to him not playing for the team again for whatever reason, so they both agreed to not even have him around anymore. Just an assumption but I think it's accurate.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2022, 05:03:08 pm »

Consistent with my theory. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2022, 08:42:11 am »

Consistent with my theory. 

It is. Question is, why wouldn't Miami trash him for this? Is it not worth alienating the locker room? No true legal recourse since medical clearance is arbitrary?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2022, 09:21:54 am »

It is. Question is, why wouldn't Miami trash him for this? Is it not worth alienating the locker room? No true legal recourse since medical clearance is arbitrary?

Even if the doctors don’t see anything on an MRI or Xray it is impossible to disprove the statement “I can jog on it, but it still hurts some”. So would be hard to prove he quit.  No point in cutting him now as it wouldn’t save money and might be impossible to with dead money hit and he isn’t costing a roster spot, 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2022, 11:43:44 pm »

Dude got $40 million for two years, very well paid by Miami.  Then he wants to sit out because he'll only get $14 million in the third year?  I could understand him holding out for a new contract next year because he would be out of guaranteed money but this is bullshit.  Hopefully other teams will look at his actions and collude against him and not give him a payday.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2022, 03:14:38 pm »

McDaniel was asked again about Byron and he said that he is not counting on him to return this season. So, that all but closes the chapter on Byron's Miami career.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2022, 06:13:30 am »

McDaniel was asked again about Byron and he said that he is not counting on him to return this season. So, that all but closes the chapter on Byron's Miami career.

Alternate theory:  Quiet quitting.  He never plans to play another snap for the the Dolphins or any other team.  He is 30.  After getting injured and surgery he did decided to hang it up, he called his agent who explained to him if he retired now he would have to pay back much of his signing bonus.  Agent tells him if he shows up to camp is put on PUP he will keep collecting his salary if he keeps saying he is too hurt to play they will keep him on PUP and eventually cut him relieving him of owing the signing bonus back and collecting his salary along the way. 

It's looking more and more like Hoodie is right on the money here.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2022, 08:43:38 am »

It's looking more and more like Hoodie is right on the money here.

Yeah, that's the most likeliest explanation at the moment. It would be surprising if he played another NFL snap since he voluntarily sat out this season, a season where the team was a legit contender.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray