Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:38:19 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Bidets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Bidets  (Read 1740 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: November 15, 2022, 09:09:48 am »

I know that some of you swear by this item.  I'm remodeling my bathroom.  It's a total gut job.  So, I want to include one.  As I understand, it's just a toilet-attachment piece, right?   Is there are style or brand or type I should look for?  I don't know what I don't know.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 09:36:29 am »

If you lack space it's a toilet attachment piece .. if you have room, it's a whole separate unit
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 12:05:02 pm »

We got the attachment about a year ago. Not sure if one brand is better than the other but ours seems to work fine.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 12:05:57 pm »

We got the attachment about a year ago. Not sure if one brand is better than the other but ours seems to work fine.

I suppose they all squirt your asshole in some fashion, which is the goal.

----

I do not have room for a specific unit.   This would be some kind of under-seat attachment.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 07:36:45 pm »

This is the one I currently have ($109).  It mounts in-between the toilet seat and the back of the toilet rim.  No electricity is required, and it hooks into the existing cold water line for your toilet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VS11Z1N/

That was the second bidet I've purchased, as the first one I bought was much cheaper ($32), but the knob snapped off and I had to replace the unit (I got about 2.5 years of use out of it).

The "whole separate units" (like this one) are usually referred to as "washlets," and replace the seat and lid.  They run $400+, require electricity, and have features like a heated seat, warm spray, heated air drying, etc.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:40:39 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 08:14:45 pm »

This is the one I currently have ($109).  It mounts in-between the toilet seat and the back of the toilet rim.  No electricity is required, and it hooks into the existing cold water line for your toilet.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VS11Z1N/

I found the line in the description:  "Adjust the pressure from gentle butt spritz to power wash" to be extremely hilarious...  Grin

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2023, 02:32:47 pm »

I'm ready to purchase, I think.  The toilet is in.

When you say "no power is required", what does that mean?  Does it use pressure from the water line or does it have batteries or something?

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2023, 03:37:13 pm »

It is entirely mechanical and uses pressure from the water line.

The bidets that require power have features like seat warmers, drying fans, night lights, etc.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2023, 04:32:57 pm »

I think that is the one we have and if not, it's very similar.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2023, 11:49:36 pm »

If you were a baller, you'd knock down a wall in that bathroom and put a separate fixture to squirt your butthole.  Gold plated.  Only the best... 

squirt squirt.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2023, 08:41:47 am »

I have purchased.  I think it arrives Saturday.  I'll keep you posted.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2023, 11:57:16 am »

Straight from the cold water line might work fine in So Fla but I would not use it in the winter in New England

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2023, 12:31:49 pm »

Straight from the cold water line might work fine in So Fla but I would not use it in the winter in New England
You don't have as many temperature-sensitive nerves in that area, so it probably wouldn't be an issue.

It's like how you can still eat or drink things that are too hot to touch.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2023, 02:50:18 pm »

If you were a baller, you'd knock down a wall in that bathroom and put a separate fixture to squirt your butthole.  Gold plated.  Only the best... 

squirt squirt.
Hahaha ...

Don't paddy cake it. Put in double toilets like Meghan Trainer and her hsuband .... hahahaa

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2023, 03:35:14 pm »

The bidet arrived today.  Damn that was fast.

I don't think I'm going to install it tonight.  It looks relatively simple, but I won't be home this evening and I don't want to start anything like this, just in case there's some bullcrap.

Related to CF's picture, my sister rented a house when she lived in China and they needed a certain number of toilets per people that the house could hold.  So, the Chinese solution was to have two toilets right next to each other in the bathroom.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray