Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:09:22 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Why I am happy about the midterm results
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Why I am happy about the midterm results  (Read 1185 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 15, 2022, 07:07:43 pm »

Some dolt posted something about "pandemic amnesty".

Amnesty for what?

Trying to keep people safe?

Trying to keep the medical system from being overwhelmed?

Trying to protect people's lives?

I worked on the front lines of this pandemic, though not at the epicenter, and I put in extra hours many times because we were the only healthy site, so most of company's patients come come to our site for routine bloodwork.  Some days, there was NEVER a break in patients coming.  I was drawing patients for eight hours straight.  I was lucky that my place had protective gear in abundant supply.  Many workers were not so lucky during the height of the pandemic.

Many healthcare workers made the ultimate sacrifice during the pandemic.  

To all the GOP who disrespected healthcare workers who tried to cope by dancing during the pandemic.  To all the GOP who want to go after people for trying to control the spread of a deadly disease.  To all the GOP who downplayed this virus.  To all the GOP who disrespected families who lost loved ones to this virus.

IN YOUR FACE!!!! NO RED WAVE FOR YOU!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:22:07 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2022, 07:41:36 pm »

You voted for Republicans, right?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2022, 07:52:09 pm »

You voted for Republicans, right?

True, but I can still be happy.

Remember the Tom Brady win-win situation?  This is the same thing.

One party wants my money.

The other party disrespects me and my profession.

Aside:

My state is getting overrun with respiratory infections.  When the doctor from Mass General went on the air to talk about it, he should have had the cameras follow him to EACH AND EVERY PATIENT'S ROOM.  That would convince these people that he is not lying.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 07:55:13 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2022, 08:05:34 pm »

One party wants my money.

The other party disrespects me and my

Both the same party.  The Republican party wants to shift a greater portion of the tax burden to you and away from the wealthy.  Although you probably voted no on 1.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2022, 08:08:30 pm »

My state is getting overrun with respiratory infections.  When the doctor from Mass General went on the air to talk about it, he should have had the cameras follow him to EACH AND EVERY PATIENT'S ROOM.  That would convince these people that he is not lying.
No, it would not.  It wouldn't even convince you!

Last week, you were Just Asking Questions about whether the COVID pandemic was actually caused by a completely different disease, and the authorities were just lying to us.  So showing sick people would make no difference.  People like, ahem, you would just "wonder" if the hospitals are faking it for the insurance money, or intentionally infecting healthy people.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 08:10:08 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2022, 08:24:14 pm »

The Election results showed that the pandemic was no hoax, which made me happy.

Things are going so badly in this country right now that the only way the Democrats could have avoided a red wave was if the GOP was ravaged by COVID

BTW, Spider, I was questioning if maybe the data was falsified.  I DO NOT THINK TRUMP, BIDEN, OR FAUCI ARE MOTIVATED BY ANY DESIRE TO CONTROL THE AMERICAN PUBLIC. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2022, 08:57:38 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2022, 11:17:03 am »

The Election results showed that the pandemic was no hoax, which made me happy.

I hate to correct you on this, but that's not how facts work.  Election can judge people's opinions, but they can't determine facts.  So, while it's true that COVID is not a hoax, the best an election can do is that people didn't buy into the hoax.

The one factor that might be a little different with COVID specifically is that is disproportionally killed Republicans leading into the midterms by a 2:1 margin.  So, maybe some of those super tight races would've flipped had those conservative communities not bought into the hoax narrative.

This isn't a complicated thing to parse:
GOP had the wind at their back, because the ruling party takes blame for general state of the global economy.
So, a large switch in party was predicted, because that's what happens historically in cases like this.  Instead, they ran terrible radical or unqualified candidates, chose to not have a policy message which was a miscalculation, and they overturned Roe leading into the election which brought out a bunch of new voters to the opposition.

COVID wasn't on the menu this election.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2022, 03:00:39 pm »

Honestly, on what I've read the last few days, if I read that before the election, I may well have voted Democrat.

However, in 2024, I'm back to the GOP.  I want a booming economy, less inflation, and secure borders.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2022, 04:17:37 pm »

why would you think the GOP would be able to give you any of those things?

GOP governments crash the economy and do very poorly with workers.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2022, 04:55:49 pm »

Before the pandemic, the economy was booming and inflation was almost non-existent

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2022, 09:02:06 am »

to be fair, before trump's term in office the economy was booming and inflation was almost non-existent
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2022, 12:03:56 pm »

The US had the most deaths during COVID of any industrialized nation by far, and had among the worst economic impacts.
This was a direct result of the Trump Administration's botched COVID response, which is reasonably described as the worst on the planet.

I don't want to hear about how Trump continued Obama's boom economy "before the pandemic." Every country was negatively impacted by COVID, but we were negatively impacted the most, and it was DIRECTLY due to the Trump Administration's (in)actions.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 12:05:48 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2022, 12:33:17 pm »

which is reasonably described as the worst on the planet.

I disagree.  The USA had the second worse response to the pandemic.  Russia’s handling of it was worse.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2022, 01:23:50 pm »

Trump’s COVID response should be taught in schools as the perfect example of a self fulfilling prophecy. He was so afraid that COVID would tank bis “big beautiful economy” that his response did just that and cost him an election.

It’s actually terrifying for think that without the pandemic we’re probably in Trump’s second term right now.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2022, 01:39:49 pm »

COVID was going to tank the economy regardless.  The response may have affected the depths of despair, consumer confidence and length of recovery.  ...but there was an economic reality that things were going to, and had to, crash when a disease was keeping people from leaving their homes.

Conversely, we had to supplement the economy with spending to keep things afloat.

And now, we'll have inflation because of it.

All of this was inevitable, to some degree.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray