Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:25:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  December is coming
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: December is coming  (Read 2744 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2022, 09:37:11 am »

Without Armstead, we don't have an offensive line. In my mind, offensive tackle is the #1 priority for next year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2022, 12:36:17 pm »

Without Armstead, we don't have an offensive line. In my mind, offensive tackle is the #1 priority for next year.

Right Tackle as Terron is locked in as LT. No 1st rounder to take one with so we would have to go the free agent route.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2022, 01:48:28 am »

I am so sorry guys.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2022, 01:54:32 am »

I don't know how much more of this I can take.  Year after Year they choke. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2022, 02:03:17 am »

I don't know how much more of this I can take.  Year after Year they choke. 

This one will be particularly hard. I’ve been threatening to for a while maybe I’ll just give up on watching football and take up yoga. If they can upset Buffalo again I’ll shut up buy but it’s looking like 0-3 to start December.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2022, 02:12:56 am »

This one will be particularly hard. I’ve been threatening to for a while maybe I’ll just give up on watching football and take up yoga. If they can upset Buffalo again I’ll shut up buy but it’s looking like 0-3 to start December.

Beating Buffalo doesn't mean anything.  They need to defeat the Patriots and Jets.  If not, they are done

Is anybody else on the point of just giving up?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2022, 02:15:21 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2022, 03:22:17 am »

If the Jets make the playoffs, Denver would have the longest active playoff drought, followed by Miami, DET, and NYG. 

This would further push Miami to the title of most pathetic team since realignment

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2022, 08:49:24 am »

I could see some Tua regression coming from his incredible highs, but I didn't think he would go from MVP to the worst QB in the entire league this fast. What the fuck is happening?
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2022, 09:55:04 am »

I could see some Tua regression coming from his incredible highs, but I didn't think he would go from MVP to the worst QB in the entire league this fast. What the fuck is happening?

What's happening is that the league has gotten sufficient film on Tua and the offense to know how to gameplan to stop it.  At this point they have to respond with a greater emphasis on the run game to keep them honest.  If you're going to back all of your linebackers into the intermediate middle throwing lanes, well then there should be ample room to run the ball.  You saw some of that last night but nowhere near enough of it.  Nobody is scared of the Dolphins' run game, so they have to make them scared.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2022, 10:03:49 am »

What's happening is that the league has gotten sufficient film on Tua and the offense to know how to gameplan to stop it.  At this point they have to respond with a greater emphasis on the run game to keep them honest.  If you're going to back all of your linebackers into the intermediate middle throwing lanes, well then there should be ample room to run the ball.  You saw some of that last night but nowhere near enough of it.  Nobody is scared of the Dolphins' run game, so they have to make them scared.
Unfortunately we do not have an oline to establish a run game without a successful passing game. Coach has even said we are a team where the pass sets up the run and not vice versa.

They are going to have to adjust their routes when LBers are stepping back so far. It seemed odd to me that Tua wasn't dumping off more than he was. It just seems like we are pressing for the home runs and ignoring the underneath that we were doing prior to Houston. Every since we went up 30 on Houston it seems like we have changed the focus of our offense.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2022, 10:08:23 am »

Makes sense, but seems easier to just change up the passing game a bit. Also, while McDaniel can start adjusting, doesn't change the fact that Tua is missing badly, so it's more than just gameplan. How did he become so inaccurate in the span of 2 games?
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: December 12, 2022, 10:12:06 am »

Unfortunately we do not have an oline to establish a run game without a successful passing game. Coach has even said we are a team where the pass sets up the run and not vice versa.

They are going to have to adjust their routes when LBers are stepping back so far. It seemed odd to me that Tua wasn't dumping off more than he was. It just seems like we are pressing for the home runs and ignoring the underneath that we were doing prior to Houston. Every since we went up 30 on Houston it seems like we have changed the focus of our offense.

They were definitely pressing for the home run throws -- Tua's average depth of target last night was 12.4 yards, 95th percentile in the league.

But if the linebackers are backed out of the box defending the pass it shouldn't take any more than a below-average offensive line to run the ball successfully.  The strongest predictor of rushing efficiency is the number of opposing defenders in the box -- not the quality of your offensive line or your running backs.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: December 12, 2022, 10:16:56 am »

Makes sense, but seems easier to just change up the passing game a bit. Also, while McDaniel can start adjusting, doesn't change the fact that Tua is missing badly, so it's more than just gameplan. How did he become so inaccurate in the span of 2 games?

I think there's possibly an issue surrounding Tua's "comfort" with being so highly regarded all of a sudden.  If nobody expects much from you, it's easier to play without pressure.  When you're the leading vote-getter for the Pro Bowl and people are talking about how great you are, that's a different way to live.  Some players can "live" in that space and accept what it entails and live up to it, and others can't.  It remains to be seen whether this is a developmental hump Tua will get over, or whether he simply cannot occupy that space and play at that level consistently.  Much of the change in his performance appears mentally-driven from my vantage point.  "Old Tua" was very jumpy.  "Better Tua" was far less jumpy.  Now he's jumpy again.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2022, 10:25:43 am »

I think there's possibly an issue surrounding Tua's "comfort" with being so highly regarded all of a sudden.  If nobody expects much from you, it's easier to play without pressure.  When you're the leading vote-getter for the Pro Bowl and people are talking about how great you are, that's a different way to live.  Some players can "live" in that space and accept what it entails and live up to it, and others can't.  It remains to be seen whether this is a developmental hump Tua will get over, or whether he simply cannot occupy that space and play at that level consistently.  Much of the change in his performance appears mentally-driven from my vantage point.  "Old Tua" was very jumpy.  "Better Tua" was far less jumpy.  Now he's jumpy again.

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I feel like it is easier to change mechanics and schemes than to fix your own brain. If we get decimated by the Bills on Saturday, I don't think Tua recovers until the offseason, meaning we probably lose out. 8-3 to 8-9 is a hell of a collapse and will weigh on his mind for a long time.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2022, 10:28:01 am »

Unfortunately, I agree with you. I feel like it is easier to change mechanics and schemes than to fix your own brain. If we get decimated by the Bills on Saturday, I don't think Tua recovers until the offseason, meaning we probably lose out. 8-3 to 8-9 is a hell of a collapse and will weigh on his mind for a long time.

It would be a good week for McDaniel to intervene with a run game emphasis gameplan, for several reasons.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray