Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:11:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Midterms questions and analysis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Midterms questions and analysis  (Read 1480 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2022, 07:58:51 am »

I think it was a combination of two things. One, yes...he is a Trump Guy, and two, he is arguably the stupidest human being I have ever seen run for a public office. It really doesn't matter what party you're in. When Herschel opens his mouth, his idiocy is undeniable.

Surely some people maybe but I don't think that's the biggest issue because there are plenty of stupid people in office from both parties. I question if some even have triple digit IQs let alone a clue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2022, 11:15:37 am »

Walker was a particularly bad candidate.

I don't really attribute that to Trump.  I think Trump helped Walker win the primary...that's the problem with Trump.  He elevates these bozos in the primary stage that can't win in the general.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2022, 11:24:10 am »

Surely some people maybe but I don't think that's the biggest issue because there are plenty of stupid people in office from both parties. I question if some even have triple digit IQs let alone a clue.

Come on...Herschel really wanted people to believe that the "bad air" floats over to America from China. If you can come up with a more idiotic candidate....please present him for review.

...and this doesn't take into account his holding a weapon on his spouse or knocking up multiple women, paying for their abortions and then claiming to be pro-life.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2022, 02:55:05 pm »

Well,

1) Maybe Republicans comment more often on YouTube videos than Democrats do.

2) Maybe Republicans participate in polls more often than Democrats do.

3) Florida is still a huge outlier. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2022, 03:14:27 pm »

2) Maybe Republicans participate in polls more often than Democrats do.

Polls are weighted, but there's a lot of speculation.

If you're just calling land-lines and asking people who they're going to vote for, that's going to skew Republican.  That's because older people with land-lines are more likely to vote GOP.

If you're going to survey people on TikTok, you're going to get a different answer.

So, that's where pollsters are struggling.  Polling is optional.  People can ignore the phone.  People can refuse to answer once they realize it's a poll.  You can do some amount of statistical modeling comparing pre-election polls to election data and then weighting your polls accordingly, but that's where we're at.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2022, 03:29:31 pm »

Polls are weighted, but there's a lot of speculation.

If you're just calling land-lines and asking people who they're going to vote for, that's going to skew Republican.  That's because older people with land-lines are more likely to vote GOP.

If you're going to survey people on TikTok, you're going to get a different answer.

So, that's where pollsters are struggling.  Polling is optional.  People can ignore the phone.  People can refuse to answer once they realize it's a poll.  You can do some amount of statistical modeling comparing pre-election polls to election data and then weighting your polls accordingly, but that's where we're at.

I have not read a single pro-Biden comment on Youtube.

I have read thousands of anti-vaccine comments on Youtube

I have read thousands of anti-Biden comments on Youtube

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2022, 05:06:53 pm »

people don't vote on youtube
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2022, 06:14:53 pm »

There are so many things wrong with judging youtube comments.

I'll just name a few, but there are so, so many.

YouTube is showing you things based on an algorithm -- so, you're likely to be sent towards videos that you're going to engage with.  Also, pro-vaccine people don't have to go on Youtube.  We don't get our medical info from there.  Scientific dissent doesn't happen on that platform.  Conspiracy theory does.

Comment sections are filled with trolls and bots.  That drives clicks and engagements, which brings money to advertisers.

You're just in an echo-chamber of your own ideas.  And we all suffer from that.  But go read your average comment section on Reddit.  They shit all over the GOP on a daily basis.

But also, there isn't a cult of Biden.  Even those of us who voted for him and continue to like him doesn't treat him as a messiah figure.  We don't have his name on our flags, we don't value him over the ideas he's supposed to represent.  Nobody is painting Joe Biden flying on an Eagle or whatever crazy shit you saw from Trump worship over the last few years.  And we're certainly not on Youtube talking about how much we love Biden.  He is a public servant, but we don't give a shit otherwise.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2022, 06:47:16 pm »

This reminds of the phase, "Empirical vs Anecdotal"

Youtube comments are anecdotal

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2022, 08:17:32 am »

I have not read a single pro-Biden comment on Youtube.

I have read thousands of anti-vaccine comments on Youtube

I have read thousands of anti-Biden comments on Youtube

I don't go to YouTube for medical or political advice. Ever...   I DO. however, occasionally go to YouTube for bitchin music videos though...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2022, 01:52:24 pm »

I've seen other videos but I only go to Youtube for "How to" videos. You can freaking learn almost anything on there.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2022, 02:50:54 pm »

^^^ OK, I admit, I once learned a wicked green chile enchilada casserole on YouTube. It was fucking delicious.

...but mainly music vids. ;-)

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray