Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:17:59 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Offensive Gameplan for San Francisco
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Offensive Gameplan for San Francisco  (Read 1134 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 29, 2022, 02:32:32 pm »

Nick Bosa is the best pass rusher in football and Armstead will not be playing. Neither will Austin Jackson but at this point we should be used to it. Knowing that Tua will be sacked 10 times if we do our normal gameplan, what is McDaniel going to do differently this Sunday to keep his QB alive and possibly get a win? Keep a fullback next to Tua at all times? Limit passes to 2 seconds after the snap?
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 03:17:34 pm »

I would suggest not asking #88 to block him - or indeed any of our other tight ends.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 03:43:51 pm »

I would suggest not asking #88 to block him - or indeed any of our other tight ends.

So, shotgun formation on every play. Like, REALLY shotgun formation. Talking replacing Connor with the long snapper for this game.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2022, 03:44:00 pm »

Actually yeah play old school with a FB. Establish a run, short passes. Go for Bosa’s knees idk.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 03:50:20 pm »

Actually yeah play old school with a FB. Establish a run, short passes. Go for Bosa’s knees idk.

If there is any benefit for us, it's that McDaniel knows Bosa very well, so maybe he can ask nicely to not murder our QB and Nick will listen out of respect.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 05:04:53 pm »

Durham Smythe will play much more than Mike Gesicki and be helping to block. It limits our receiving plays but with the guys we have I'm not sure how much that will matter. When he releases expect a back to help chip Bosa.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2022, 06:39:12 pm »

This is perhaps the most entertaining thread on the entire site at the moment.  Wink

On a serious note, the quick passes will be the key, and since SF's back-up defensive backs are beat to hell, I expect the Miami passing attack to have some success.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DenverFinFan
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2022, 08:10:03 pm »

I don’t advocate playing dirty and dangerously, but if you have to it may as well be against a Bosa.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2022, 02:10:45 pm »

Reports are that Armstead is healing quickly and may be availble for Sunday.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2022, 02:15:29 pm »

Reports are that Armstead is healing quickly and may be availble for Sunday.

Really? Is that wise? Does it risk losing him all year?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 02:20:28 pm »

Really? Is that wise? Does it risk losing him all year?
Coach McDaniel said this about it
“You can rest assured that he’ll do everything possible,” said McDaniel, who added Armstead continues to impress him as a professional with the way he recovers. “If there’s a way that he can be on the field and play in December against a playoff team, he lives for that moment.

As long as there’s nothing keeping him from hurting his team or himself, he’ll be out there.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 02:25:51 pm »

“You can rest assured that he’ll do everything possible,” said McDaniel, who added Armstead continues to impress him as a professional with the way he recovers. “If there’s a way that he can be on the field and play in December against a playoff team, he lives for that moment.

As long as there’s nothing keeping him from hurting his team or himself, he’ll be out there.

Well alright. Thanks for the info
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2022, 02:27:42 pm »

Would suck to lose by 30 on the road because Tua got sacked 12 times and had to be pulled to save his life, but I'd rather lose one game than Terron for the season. If this is a pain tolerance issue, he will be out there. If this can tear his pec and end his season, absolutely not.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2022, 11:46:35 pm »

I don’t advocate playing dirty and dangerously, but if you have to it may as well be against a Bosa.

So you're saying go all North Dallas Forty on him, well alright.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2022, 03:41:34 pm »

Armstead had a limited practice today, which is insane considering his initial diagnosis. I would like to think he wouldn't be allowed to practice if he risked further injuring himself, especially severely, so it sounds like it is a pain tolerance and mobility issue now.

Austin Jackson is already ruled out and if Armstead plays while Jackson doesn't then I fully support going Richie Incognito on him.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray