Midterms questions and analysis

<< < (2/6) > >>

CF DolFan:
Quote from: dolphins4life on December 01, 2022, 02:42:38 pm

1) Why is it taking so long?  There are still two districts that have not been officially called.  The current makeup right now is 220-213 in favor of the GOP.  The Senate is 50-49 in favor of the Democrats.  The current indication is that it will be 222-213 in the House in favor of the GOP
Honestly this is a great question. Florida, Texas, California etc have a much larger voting poplutaion and can turn results in one day. There needs to one universal way of voting as it has become apparent some states are super slow to report and all that does is increase public questioning of the results.  In my opinion anything that may give off the impression of inappropriate activity should be eliminated to increase public confidence.

2) What would have constituted a red wave?  Why did the GOP think there was going to be one?  Was it SOLELY because Biden has done such a horrible job and things are so bad right now?  Biden won by 7 million votes in 2020.  Looking back, it seems ridiculous to think there would have been a red wave. 
40 percent on the left and the other 40 percent on the right will vote for a cucumber if it ran for their party. The 20 percent in the middle have many different reasons for voting. Considering those who are far right and won but by much smaller margins than was expected, I believe Trump's brash attitude turns off many of those in the middle regardless of the economy.  It appears DeSantis was able to not only attract those in the middle but actually some on the other side of the isle which is the answer to your next question. 

3) Why is Trump attacking DeSantis?  It's not good for the top two candidates in a party to be attacking each other.  DeSantis DID achieve a red wave in Florida.  If he ran for president in 2024, I wonder if he would win in a red wave in the electoral college.  DeSantis has not officially declared his candidacy for the presidency yet.
Trump only cares about Trump when it comes to winning the election and he knows DeSantis is a huge threart to his poupularity. Trump's policies ae good but Trump the person is selfish and can be very assholish. 

Dave Gray:
^ I pretty much agree with CF, aside from Trump's policy's being good, but you can't ask for everything.

A lot of the first question also has to do with early ballots / mail-in ballots and when to start counting them.  They could theoretically be counted ahead of time and info released right away, but that's not allowed in some of these places.  I don't really think there's a legitimate argument for why it isn't allowed, but I think the bullshit argument is that the data could get out and affect the results, I guess?   There is a movement to delegitimize and discredit early and mail-in voting.  It's likely due to this -- make it seem cumbersome and unreliable to make less of it.

Sunstroke:
Quote from: CF DolFan on December 02, 2022, 03:25:02 pm

Trump only cares about Trump when it comes to winning the election anything and everything. Trump the person is selfish and can be very is 100%  assholish. 

Edited for the sake of pure honesty...

dolphins4life:
Usually, there isn't such a huge gap in the popular vote between the two candidates in the last election.

Also, what CF says does make sense in DeSantis' case.

It doesn't however, explain why Trump won in 2016

DenverFinFan:
Quote from: dolphins4life on December 02, 2022, 06:37:27 pm

Usually, there isn't such a huge gap in the popular vote between the two candidates in the last election.

Also, what CF says does make sense in DeSantis' case.

It doesn't however, explain why Trump won in 2016

Stop looking for explanations all the time. Things just happen. Chaos theory embrace it.

A lot of factors contributed to Trump’s win in 2016 just like a lot of factors contributed to his loss 2 years ago.

Trump lost the popular vote first time and the second time even more people voted. People in safe blue states who sat out 2016 voted against him in 2020. Biden ran up the popular vote in blue states.

Look man within 15 minutes of CNN declaring Biden the winner there was a massive party in downtown Denver and virtually every major city.

It’s easy to miss, but a majority of this country hates Donald Trump.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page