Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:29:05 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Electric Toothbrushes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Poll
Question: What kind of toothbrush do you use?
Electric   -5 (45.5%)
Manual   -6 (54.5%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Electric Toothbrushes  (Read 1375 times)
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« on: December 03, 2022, 01:44:11 am »

Do you use one?  Yay or Nay?

There are eleventy bajillion brands, types, models of electric toothbrushes on the market and each one claims to be the best.  They range in price from $20 to $300, and have all kinds of feature... 

I've used a regular manual toothbrush since forever, and I'm told the electric ones are life-changing.

So I'm looking for recommendations and experiences of the users.  What model do you have?  For me, noise level is a concern, because I often brush my teeth while others are sleeping and I can't be pull-starting a chainsaw to brush my teeth - it has to be relatively quiet.

So, what say you?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 05:43:26 am »

This is my current toothbrush:

I've had it for about two years.  It's cool because you can brush the inside and outside of your upper and lower teeth at the same time, so you can get "2 minutes" worth of brushing in 30 seconds.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 08:22:45 am »

I use a basic Oral-B toothbrush...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 09:00:39 am »

i use the Quip, it's manual but vibrates .. kinda like the old razors used to.

https://www.getquip.com/

Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 02:09:36 pm »

i use the Quip, it's manual but vibrates .. kinda like the old razors used to.

https://www.getquip.com/

I have one like this but mine was made by Oral-B I think.  I am not sure if this weird hybrid style qualifies as an "electric" toothbrush...  Do you feel it does better than a regular static toothbrush?
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2022, 05:52:13 pm »

yeah,  I do, they also send you replacement heads and tooth paste ever couple of months for about $5 .. so it isn't bad at all.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 12:12:12 am »

I brush my teeth like I masturbate, manually.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2022, 12:18:15 pm »

My dentist suggested an electric toothbrush so I switched. His explanation was that a lot of people don't really brush the proper way, going side to side along their teeth, what you really need to do is brush in a circular motion so that food particles along the gum line are dislodged. Electric brushes with rotating heads help with that. It's less important if you brush regularly and as you are younger as your gums are healthier, but as you get older and your gums don't recover as quickly it becomes more important to keep your gums healthy. I don't think cavaties really have a lot to do with brushing as I've known people that constantly brush and still get cavaties easily while others almost never brush and don't get cavaties. That's how I was growing up, but once I got older I started to have a lot of problems with my gums and that's when brushing my teeth better became a priority. Flossing is also important which also helps to dislodge foot particles around your gums. I hate to floss, but I keep those flossing picks at my desk and try to use them after I eat. A good mouthwash is also important to keep your gums at the right PH level for example.

I used to only brush in the mornings but then my dentist said that you brush in the mornings for others, you brush at night for yourself meaning that brushing in the morning helps makes your breath smell fresh, but brushing at night with a good mouthwash afterwards so your teeth are clean and gums at the right PH while you sleep will keep your gums healthy.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:26:13 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 07:34:10 am »

30 second smile was a client of mine some 12 years ago.  It's weird for me to see that that's a mainstream product.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 09:42:51 am »

We've been using Sonicare for the last 10 years or so and love them. It seems to have helped at the dentist as well because I no longer have to do the deep cleanings.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 12:13:54 pm »

30 second smile was a client of mine some 12 years ago.  It's weird for me to see that that's a mainstream product.
Tell me more!

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 01:23:46 pm »

Tell me more!

I owned a company that dissolved about 10 years ago.

We had clients two ways.
1) We'd have clients that would be our clients and we would bill directly.
and
2) We had a reseller program where you would use us as your marketing company.  We'd do everything, but to the client you'd still pay the company you were using for web design or whatever and we'd use their branding and name.

We worked with several re-sellers of our service, but most were small time, or else they'd have had their own marketing departments in-house.  Thus, most of the work sent our way were small-time mom and pop type businesses.  30-Second-Smile was probably having web work or something in California and we were hired to work their product.  I'd never heard of them, but I remember they were "as seen on TV".  I was impressed with the idea, so I asked for a sample of the product -- 1) because I just wanted to try it, but 2) because I wanted to be able to write content for them based on my understanding of how it worked.

So, yeah -- I marketed 30secondsmile.com for a while.

I also did some work on Miracle Blade, which I had heard of.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 01:45:40 pm »

I was impressed with the idea, so I asked for a sample of the product -- 1) because I just wanted to try it, but 2) because I wanted to be able to write content for them based on my understanding of how it worked.
What did you think?

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2022, 02:34:23 pm »

I thought it was definitely cool and sped up the process, no doubt.  It's a lot of stuff in your mouth, if I recall.  The head is big and kinda cumbersome, though.

I went through a minimalism kick (still am, actually) and the amount of accessories, chargers, heads, etc....it was just too much.  A little stick is so much less to deal with.

I think that's ultimately why I went away from it.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2023, 09:12:06 am »

We've been using Sonicare for the last 10 years or so and love them. It seems to have helped at the dentist as well because I no longer have to do the deep cleanings.

Update!!
I ended up getting this one...  Its sleek, simple, quiet, and kind of intelligent.  So far, I really like it...
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray