Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:34:58 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - @ 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - @ 49ers  (Read 1424 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: December 04, 2022, 07:26:18 pm »

Gotta go with DC Josh Boyer on this one.

You cannot let a 3rd-string 7th-round rookie QB carve up your defense.  The series at the end of the 2nd quarter was just humiliating.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2022, 07:27:19 pm »

The defense

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2022, 09:42:08 pm »

Gotta go with DC Josh Boyer on this one.

You cannot let a 3rd-string 7th-round rookie QB carve up your defense.  The series at the end of the 2nd quarter was just humiliating.

Not just a 7th rounder, but Mr Irrelevant himself...  Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 09:47:04 pm »

Not just a 7th rounder, but Mr Irrelevant himself...  Wink

McDaniel

1) First, not taking Tua out earlier

2) Second, for not going for two after it was 23-16

Hill and Tua for giving me a sliver of false hope.

BTW, even if Miami converted that fourth down and scored and touchdown, I am almost 100% percent certain that SF would have driven down the field and won

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Garrett

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2022, 11:37:53 pm »

I disagree with giving it to the  defensive  coordinator.  I think the defense did a pretty good job  considering the  hand they were delt. They were on the  field the whole game!

If Tua was throwing the ball  accurately,  they win this game  easily...
   Tua gets the  shame! I don't know what  was going on,  but  he missed several big throws. Easy throws.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2022, 06:21:13 am »

The answer has to be Tua for me.

I know the reasons why.  No Armstead meant we had to deal with Bosa in different ways.  We weren't always able; there wasn't consistency.  So, Tua never got settled in.

But ultimately, when he did have protection, he didn't have the confidence and missed throws that he otherwise makes.  He wasn't his best.  It wasn't an embarrassing, abysmal performance for him, but it wasn't up to par.  If he performs to even 75% of his normal play, we would have won this game, so it's on him.  Also, his throws being errant caused two turnovers.

It wasn't the only problem, but it was the biggest departure from normal.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2022, 09:31:59 am »

Again ... I gotta agree with Dave on this. Receivers didn't help the case on a few plays, the refs called a horrible game against the Dolphins, but the fact Tua took three quarters to settle down is what really cost this team. had he of been able to hit his open recviers in the first three quarters this might not have even been a game in the 4th quarter. We left a lot of plays on the field today and yet it was still close going into the 4th quarter when our dfense was completed worn out. Time of possesssion killed them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2022, 11:48:26 am »

Boyer. I just can't give it to Tua since he still almost threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs. Certainly not a great game, but squarely in the "good enough" category when facing Mr. Irrelevant for almost the entire game.

This defense has serious issues and they have to be dissected in the offseason.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2022, 12:35:30 pm »

Boyer. I just can't give it to Tua since he still almost threw for 300 yards and 2 TDs. Certainly not a great game, but squarely in the "good enough" category when facing Mr. Irrelevant for almost the entire game.

This defense has serious issues and they have to be dissected in the offseason.
Not just addressing you but I really don't get the defensive hate today. It seems like people didn't watch the game nor did they look at the stats. they are only going off the final score.  Miami had 4 turnovers and lost time of possession 40 minutes to 19. 40 freaking minutes to 19? That's huge. The freaking defense kept it close until in the 4th quarter when we had the chance to go ahead. They did a pretty decent job for a team who has lost 4 defensive backs.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 12:38:31 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2022, 01:44:33 pm »

The defense allowed a 3rd-string 7th-round rookie QB to carve them up in the first half.
The possession to close out the 2nd quarter was downright shameful.

The defense was on the field so much because, while Tua was indeed having a bad game and giving the ball back, the defense wasn't getting any stops.  MIA's defense got ONE three-and-out punt on the entire day!  My criticism of the defense isn't based on the final score or the last few SF drives...  it's based on how little they accomplished all day long.

MIA's offense, with Armstead out, should have been expected to have a low-production week.  The fact that there were a lot of missed opportunities on offense does not excuse the defense allowing Brock Purdy to dissect them.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2022, 02:09:26 pm »

Not just addressing you but I really don't get the defensive hate today. It seems like people didn't watch the game nor did they look at the stats. they are only going off the final score.  Miami had 4 turnovers and lost time of possession 40 minutes to 19. 40 freaking minutes to 19? That's huge. The freaking defense kept it close until in the 4th quarter when we had the chance to go ahead. They did a pretty decent job for a team who has lost 4 defensive backs.

Not dismissing the time of possession argument because there is merit to it, but our defense is to blame for that as well since they weren't getting any 3 and outs, so the Niners TOP was high. It was the last drafted guy of 2022, they should've gotten 3 picks off of him and he played pretty well overall. Have to put it on the defense for this one.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2022, 02:53:07 pm »

HM to Gesicki.

This isn't really his fault, but he's not a good blocking TE.  He doesn't fit McDaniel's scheme, so we're paying more than we're getting, for the type of player he is.  So, when you're short a lineman and you're asking for blocking from him, he's not giving you what you need.  On top of that, he had 0 catches for 0 yards.  His drop on 4th down pretty much ended things for us.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2022, 04:03:11 pm »

Tua
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 04:53:23 am »

I hand SOG to the defense. Too many missed tackles and blown coverage in the middle of the field (our old Achilles heel yet again (reappearing at the worst time).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray