Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:46:18 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Patriots  (Read 1639 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 01, 2023, 04:21:44 pm »

Hill

Second week in a row a costly penalty by a receiver has wiped out a big play

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 04:41:07 pm »

I’m picking on Teddy. We paid him a lot of money and he hasn’t won or even finished a game yet. Seems like such a waste

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 04:44:40 pm »

I’m picking on Teddy. We paid him a lot of money and he hasn’t won or even finished a game yet. Seems like such a waste

I disagree

That interception was the result of the pressure of having a bad defense.  With a better defense, he probably does not take that risk

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2023, 06:47:39 pm »

+1

He was hired and paid to win games when Tua goes out injured, and he can't even finish a game.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 09:43:03 am »

+1

He was hired and paid to win games when Tua goes out injured, and he can't even finish a game.

Agreed, absolute garbage backup QB. He may not find a job next season with any NFL team. Not Ray Lucas bad but the negative impact is the same. Let's be honest, with Waddle and Hill, he should be doing much better.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2023, 11:15:26 pm »

If I can award it to an official, it's #85 who did not throw a flag for what was an obvious pick play right in front of him on the first Patriots touchdown. That stuff just kills you.

If it has to be one of our players, then it's Keion Crossen. You know the cupboard is bare when he's a starter at CB, and he was routinely torched again today.

Dishonorable mentions to Hill (he was having another great day, but that penalty and bobbled catch resulting in an INT finished us) and Sanders (another week, another crucial miss).
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2023, 10:05:42 am »

I'm late to the party here.  I've been sick.

I don't know where to look here.  I guess it's gotta be Teddy.

You have to grade on a curve and he even sucks more than the curve allows.  He has the combination of being a named guy you brought in with the idea of having to use him, he sucks, and he also gets hurt every game, so you can't use him anyway.

Pick 6s are awful.

Also, I don't know what it is but we just can't overcome Sanders missing kicks.  Had he made that, despite all the bullshit, we still would've been in a position to stay in the game.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2023, 03:21:26 pm »

Also, I don't know what it is but we just can't overcome Sanders missing kicks.  Had he made that, despite all the bullshit, we still would've been in a position to stay in the game.
Pick sixes do the same thing. We seem to go into "here we go again" instead of fighting through it to regain momentum. That's on the team leaders in my opinion.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2023, 10:31:17 am »

Because it tells the offense that every drive has to be a TD or else no points and that's demoralizing. It would be shocking if he was still on the team next year. He has the 4th worst FG% of full time kickers and the 8th worst Extra Point percentage. He is just complete dogshit and needs to go.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2023, 03:15:52 pm »

Because it tells the offense that every drive has to be a TD or else no points and that's demoralizing. It would be shocking if he was still on the team next year. He has the 4th worst FG% of full time kickers and the 8th worst Extra Point percentage. He is just complete dogshit and needs to go.

I don't know if I read it on TDMMC or not, but there's something about his contract structure that makes it hard to cut him.  The money doesn't really make sense.  It would cost a whole lot....like paying for a kicker twice.

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2023, 07:32:16 pm »

No, it just means you have to drive a little further down the field in order to get in his consistent range. McDaniel should know this and not be sending him out for kicks that long.  This is ESPECIALLY true when you have a bad defense.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2023, 07:32:45 pm »

I honestly don't know how effective another kicker would be.  We've had kicking issues since realignment, and it's not unrelated to the fact that the Dolphins have sucked so much.  Kicking is very mental.  Dolphins kickers know the pressure they are under, given how bad the team is.

Also, Sanders is 1-5 from 50+.  He's missed two other field goals, one being from the long 40s.  This is partly on McDaniel sending him out there to try these kicks knowing he is struggling.  If our defense didn't suck, we'd have the option of punting and playing field position.

These long kicks COULD have made the difference in some games, but not likely.  Our defense is just too bad.  The comparison I made to the 2013 Patriots, where Stephen G was out of this world from long-range is that they had a great defense.

It's interesting how I get ridiculed for pointing out how big a difference kicking can make.  Or, what you people usually do when I make a great point, ignore it completely.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2023, 09:34:55 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2023, 09:26:12 pm »

You can't put it on McDaniel for a kicker missing kicks he's supposed to make.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 09:30:42 am »

You can't put it on McDaniel for a kicker missing kicks he's supposed to make.

Yeah, and you can't just say the team should've marched down the field more. It's not the easiest thing in the world, sometimes you have to settle for the 42 yarder and your kicker has to make it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray