Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:13:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  If the Dolphins lose next week...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: If the Dolphins lose next week...  (Read 2247 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: January 02, 2023, 11:53:03 am »

Not saying they will or won't but at this point i'm just hoping for a win at this point.

But if the Dolphins lose next week where will this rank among collapses in Dolphins history. Do you consider this a collapse or just the result of bad circumstances?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2023, 01:34:27 pm »

^^^ I'd call it an epic failure of the coaching staff.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 01:53:46 pm »

I think it's both. We lost 5 one score games this season, including 4 in a row. That's not so much of a collapse as it is not playing your best and bad luck. Injuries are also bad luck, we have been decimated by them this season.

Next week will be the 4th game that Skylar Thompson started or played significant snaps on and he is our 3rd stringer, 99% of the time that is terrible for your team. Not that we would be undefeated if everyone was healthy, but it's well beyond "injuries are a part of the game" at this point.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 02:35:16 pm »

Even if they win, if the Patriots also win, it is still a collapse

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2023, 02:38:51 pm »

Even if they win, if the Patriots also win, it is still a collapse

It's a collapse even if we make the playoffs, we were 8-3 and the top seed in the AFC. Squeaking into the playoffs won't erase what we could've been.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2023, 05:02:11 pm »

It's a collapse even if we make the playoffs, we were 8-3 and the top seed in the AFC. Squeaking into the playoffs won't erase what we could've been.
The last time MIA was the #1 seed was at 3-1.  9-2 KC was the #1 seed when MIA was 8-3.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2023, 08:52:25 am »

The last time MIA was the #1 seed was at 3-1.  9-2 KC was the #1 seed when MIA was 8-3.

Oops, my bad then. I thought we were #1 at that point. I think they lost to the Bengals the next week, that threw me off.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2023, 01:24:16 pm »

I think the only way this season doesn't go down as an epic collapse is if Dolphins not only makes the playoffs but wins some playoff games, in which case it will be known as the most epic rollercoaster.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2023, 01:57:53 pm »

I think McDaniel nailed it. I'm paraphrasing but if we went 0-3, then 3-0, and 0-5, then 5-0, people would say we were in great shape. Either way we are 8-8 with a chance to get into the playoffs. If we win then we have momentum again. Remember ... Flores couldn't win in the early part of the season but finished strong each year. it has a lot to do with schedule, situations, and almost more importantly injuries. Would be really nice to get healthy against the Jets but if we don't then we learn and move on. In reality we have hurt ourselves more than we have just flat out lost games. Hopefully that can be overcome.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2023, 02:13:21 pm »

I think McDaniel nailed it. I'm paraphrasing but if we went 0-3, then 3-0, and 0-5, then 5-0, people would say we were in great shape. Either way we are 8-8 with a chance to get into the playoffs. If we win then we have momentum again. Remember ... Flores couldn't win in the early part of the season but finished strong each year. it has a lot to do with schedule, situations, and almost more importantly injuries. Would be really nice to get healthy against the Jets but if we don't then we learn and move on. In reality we have hurt ourselves more than we have just flat out lost games. Hopefully that can be overcome.

That is true.  But a team that was playing like crap in September but is playing awesome in December is much more likely to be playing well in January than a team that was awesome in September but shit the bed in December. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2023, 03:10:03 pm »

That is true.  But a team that was playing like crap in September but is playing awesome in December is much more likely to be playing well in January than a team that was awesome in September but shit the bed in December. 

Exactly.  I don't think McD gets it.  I want to see some anger from him - throw some chairs and clipboards, get pi$$ed.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2023, 04:03:25 pm »

This one will hurt me the most since Dan came back from injury when I was 10 in 99
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2023, 04:36:39 pm »

I think there was a technicality somewhere, where we were the #1 seed, but it was before another team played that week....like they had a MNF game or something.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2023, 05:06:45 pm »

I think there was a technicality somewhere, where we were the #1 seed, but it was before another team played that week....like they had a MNF game or something.

It was when other teams had a bye and we didn't so we were 1/2 game ahead. Kansas City's bye was week 8 and our's was week 11. We made it to 11 games before most other teams did.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2023, 10:08:25 am »

^ Yeah, that's it.

To answer the main prompt, this is a pretty big f'ing collapse.

And sure, we can all point to injury and while that's valid, I'm kind of sick of the excuses.  Every team gets injured.  When your depth is so bad you can't overcome it, that's on you.  When your main QB can't stay on the field, so you go get a backup QB that's expect to play some minutes and he completely sucks and can't hold down the fort for 5 minutes, not to mention getting knocked out of every game also, so you have to start your 3rd QB, who also sucks -- that's a problem.

I don't know what it is about this franchise, but we seem unique in our ability to go on long winning stretches, following by long losing stretches, or vice-versa.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray