Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:51:51 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Year - Regular Season
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Year - Regular Season  (Read 4536 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 06:32:55 pm »

Jones was supposed to be back for camp and then the start of the season. Doctors miss by a week or maybe two. They don't miss by 4 months to injuries that they see every freaking day. Jones is a bum and I think the coaches would tell you that if they could. I know Sam Madison would.

+1

If he missed even half the season because of the injury nagging him I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, but every one knows he just quit.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2023, 11:44:49 pm »

D4L and Dolfanlyst
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2023, 11:46:23 pm »

That doesn't count.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2023, 08:16:46 am »

No surprise, mine goes to Byron Jones.

Special mention to Stephen Ross who managed to lose us our remaining first round draft pick with his incompetent sneakiness.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2023, 08:46:37 am »

No surprise, mine goes to Byron Jones.

Special mention to Stephen Ross who managed to lose us our remaining first round draft pick with his incompetent sneakiness.
I can't fault the guy. He wants to win and do it now probably more than anyone. He has had an open wallet for this team since he got here and typically stays out of things. Overall he is a really good owner.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2023, 04:46:05 pm »

I can't fault the guy. He wants to win and do it now probably more than anyone. He has had an open wallet for this team since he got here and typically stays out of things. Overall he is a really good owner.

I have to disagree.  I don't hate Ross overall, but the best thing he can do is stay out of the way.  He's been on the right side of some issues, but has also overseen some bullshit.

And you just can't have an owner meddling to the point where we lose first round picks.  That's crazyness.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2023, 05:02:31 pm »

I agree.  Notably, the entire dynamic behind the stadium upgrade was incredibly unusual.  I think these days, most owners would have moved the team without public money for a stadium rebuild, but Ross paid for the upgrades with private money.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2023, 07:34:15 am »

I have to disagree.  I don't hate Ross overall, but the best thing he can do is stay out of the way.  He's been on the right side of some issues, but has also overseen some bullshit.

And you just can't have an owner meddling to the point where we lose first round picks.  That's crazyness.
The only difference in what Ross did vs most other owners is that he had Brian Flores involved. Otherwise none of us would have ever known.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2023, 08:29:57 am »

The only difference in what Ross did vs most other owners is that he had Brian Flores involved. Otherwise none of us would have ever known.

I get that this may be true, but it's Ross' responsibility to sniff that out.  If you are picking an accomplice in sketchy behavior, you gotta know your man is on board before you start pulling the strings.  From the stories we got, he railroaded Flores and Flores wasn't having it.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2023, 10:03:55 pm »

I want to bring Mike Gesicki into the honorable mention category.

Something about him has rubbed me the wrong way this year.  I get that we don't use him in a way that best maximizes his skill set, so I'm prepared to grade on a curve.  But even then, he never seemed to improve or try to fit in at all in a blocking scenario.  And he dropped a lot of balls this year in key situations, even when we did target him.

But worse than all of that, he said some "at least they're using you right" bullshit in mic'd up segments with other players.  I got no time for that no-teamwork nonsense, especially when your production has dropped off.

It's a strange situation the more I think about it. We franchise the guy after not being able to come to terms on a long term deal. Fine I get that, although maybe the discussions as to if he was really a slot receiver or TE (and paid as such) began this spiral?

After the new Coach arrives, we say he's got to work on his blocking - in our scheme where there is a distinct lack of blocking by the TE and RB position?

He got less targets during the year. He's dropped balls that he never used to - up until this year he had probably the stickiest hands in the team, and could seemingly catch anything regardless of the thrower's accuracy or how close he was covered. That's changed in a hurry.

Something has been off all season, and it's not a happy situation for all parties - the obvious likelihood now is a split, for which we will get little to nothing in return. How much of this comes down to the drawn out contract talks? How much is the role expectations and lack of targets? How much is the new coach and new game plan?
DenverFinFan
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023, 09:58:22 pm »

If Jones retires I’ll have some sympathy. I can get giving up on this game when your body is on the line , maybe he was hurt I can’t say.

Generally speaking though and from the buzz coming from the team, he could have played and that’s different.

I still feel bad for how I treated Ricky Williams as a kid so I’m showing some caution but if he goes to another team and plays then it his on him and he really hurt us. If you’re gonna do this for a living then do it. If he was out there maybe a few close games go out way and the narrative on our season changes.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2023, 07:41:39 am »

From what I've read an Achilles tear is a really hard injury to come back from, especially at a position that relies on quick twitch muscles and change of direction as much as a CB does.

Even if the doctors thought he would be ready, there's the mental aspect of being able to come back from an injury. Nobody wants to re-injure themselves and go through another 8-12 months of rehab after another surgery. It's possible that physically he was fit, but mentally he was not.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2023, 08:22:53 am »

Rumors coming out that they are trending on keeping Jones so we will see. Hopefully he reworks his contract.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2023, 09:20:52 am »

Rumors coming out that they are trending on keeping Jones so we will see. Hopefully he reworks his contract.

How can he earn back the trust of his teammates after what he did? Unless he is remorseful and restructures to close to the geteran minimum, let him walk.

And yes, I 100% believe he purposely sat out the whole year for whatever reason he had, it was not injury related. I believe his teammates feel the same way.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2023, 10:12:10 am »

Wow.  I'm incredibly surprised by this.

If this is being reported correctly, then I think we all have to re-evaluate our read on this situation.  If what we are accusing this guy of is true, the Dolphins wouldn't be trying to keep him on the team.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray