Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:55:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Which are you more worried about?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Poll
Question: Who are you more worried about being our long-term solution?
Tua   -10 (100%)
McDaniel   -0 (0%)
Total Voters: 9

Author Topic: Which are you more worried about?  (Read 1326 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 16, 2023, 04:44:34 pm »

I see people saying it's time to move on from one or the other or both.  Who gives you more pause?  Discuss.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 05:03:42 pm »

You should add an option for neither.
I think, with the currently available information, getting rid of either one of them would be an incredibly huge mistake right now.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 05:28:37 pm »

We aren't getting rid of Tua, he may be forced to retire.

McDaniel is a stupid moron.  We should get rid of him.  With all the talent and all the gifts he was given, he didn't do better than Flores.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2023, 05:56:40 pm »

You should add an option for neither.

I didn't on purpose.

You can be worried about both or you could be worried about neither, but one must give you more concern than the other and I think that's where the discussion lies.  It isn't about firing one of them now.  But people calling for either of their jobs is what sparked the conversation.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 06:28:09 pm »

Tua for the obvious reasons.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2023, 07:33:07 pm »

It’s Tua, durability is a concern and even though he played at an elite level at times even with out injury there is consistency issues.

I think McD will be fine, I thought he did much better than Flores and I believe he can improve on his weak areas.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2023, 10:11:01 pm »

Tua's health is the biggest possible concern for me. I'm hoping we get it right, because we've seen the potential for him to become an elite level QB this season before these concussion issues began. Anyone else notice that nobody seems to be questioning his arm strength or deep ball anymore?

I've seen series of concussions go a couple of ways with AFL players very early on in their careers - some have recovered to play many years with no lingering effects after initially enough time off. Others on the other hand have never recovered after one massive hit to the head - some struggle on, but the after effects of even the smallest bump are awful.

As for McDaniel, the clock management during the playoff game was horrible, but I'm hoping that's a rookie mistake in a high-pressure environment that he will learn from. Next season will be the real test to see if he can back up on the progress the team made this year - our opposition will be a lot more familiar with his initial schemes, and our draw IMO is a lot tougher.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2023, 07:31:40 am »

We aren't getting rid of Tua, he may be forced to retire.

McDaniel is a stupid moron.  We should get rid of him.  With all the talent and all the gifts he was given, he didn't do better than Flores.
You should really save yourself a lot of time and just read the stat sheets. There is no real reason to watch the game.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2023, 08:28:47 am »

I was thinking there'd be more support for McDaniel, which is why I made the poll in the first place, but I'm glad there's not.

I'm in the tank for McDaniel and think he had a great first year and I'm super excited about him as a long-term coach.

And I'm also really happy with the progress of Tua, but as much as I like him as a player, none of that matters if you can't stay on the field.

Also, Tua has the added issue of contract terms.  Ross can overpay McDaniel until the cows come home.  It might be a bad financial decision for him, but it won't affect the long-term viability of the team.  You can't make that mistake with high profile players.

I drink your milkshake!
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2023, 10:22:16 am »

I think they should give McDaniel a 15 year contract extension and keep him for the next decade. Coach stability breeds success. Teams that swap coaches every 3 years may have 1 up year and then end up constantly rebuilding.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2023, 10:31:48 am »

I wouldn't always agree about the coach thing (I was happy to see Flores go), but I agree with McDaniel.  I think he's a visionary.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2023, 10:58:14 am »

I'll vote Tua for health reasons, but I am happy with both.

Tua was the best QB in the league for 11 games. McDaniel improved the offense and had the team fighting to the end in every game, especially that insurmountable playoff game against Buffalo.

Clock management can be worked on, leadership cannot and he got that.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2023, 08:05:33 pm »

The only way I could vote for either is if I am worried about Tua's future brain-jiggling.

McDaniel is a stupid moron.  We should get rid of him. 

A) The refs are to blame for McDaniel
B) We should talk Tom Brady into retiring and then hire him as Miami's HC

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray