Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:07:16 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Let's Go Randon
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Let's Go Randon  (Read 930 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 20, 2023, 02:16:01 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucile_Randon

118 years.  That's amazing.

The record is 122 years.  This person is the only person to crack to 120 year barrier, though some believe that that particular case was a fraud, and a result of an identity switch to avoid paying inheritance taxes in France during WWII.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
DenverFinFan
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2023, 04:33:16 pm »

Good for her but to be honest living that long seems like a nightmare
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2023, 05:06:01 pm »

I hope to live a long life.  I'm not one of these people that wants to check out early.  I want to get feeble and hang in there.

I wonder if the human body has a limit -- there is a misconception that we live older than we used to.  Yes, we do, on average, but most of that is because of infant mortality.  I wonder if, regardless of technology, 120 is just the upper limit.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2023, 05:22:22 pm »

I hope to live a long life.  I'm not one of these people that wants to check out early.  I want to get feeble and hang in there.

Part of me really wants to agree with you, Dave, but the bigger part of me wants to be the perfect embodiment of my favorite Hunter S. Thompson quote:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”"

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DenverFinFan
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 05:32:41 pm »

I hope to live a long life.  I'm not one of these people that wants to check out early.  I want to get feeble and hang in there.

I wonder if the human body has a limit -- there is a misconception that we live older than we used to.  Yes, we do, on average, but most of that is because of infant mortality.  I wonder if, regardless of technology, 120 is just the upper limit.

As long as my mind would remain intact and I’m not in horrible chronic pain, I’m with you.

I’ve seen too many relatives and friends go out with Alzheimer’s or some form of dementia..if I knew it was coming for certain I’d take an exit before it happens….

Yeah, I think 120 is about tops. Everything decays at some rattle, for us it’s about 70-120, for some tortoise species it’s centuries and for some trees maybe it’s a few thousand years….
DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2023, 05:33:56 pm »

Part of me really wants to agree with you, Dave, but the bigger part of me wants to be the perfect embodiment of my favorite Hunter S. Thompson quote:

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”"

#1 for the Thompson quote.

football season is over.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2023, 05:50:52 pm »

I don't want to be in pain, either physically or mentally.

But outside of that, I love life.  I think that you can lose ability and still find happiness in all kinds of new things.  Even if you just wake up and enjoy the warmth of the sun one more day....you have forever to be dead.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2023, 09:35:51 pm »

Yeah, pain would be bad, but there's still more to it than that in my opinion.

Can I feed myself?

Can I go to the bathroom myself?

What about talk or at least communicate well enough to be understood clearly?

I want some dignity as well. Without that, pain or not, I'm ready to go. I saw my dad lose all of those things and he wasn't the same person anymore. He started to refuse food and him and my mom had discussed that if he ever got to the point that he had to be fed through a tube, it was time to let him go and she did. That took a lot of courage on both of their parts. He had parkinson's so that cut his life short, but there's a lot of things that could do that.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 09:37:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 07:48:21 am »

That's a good one.

Atticus Read had a good quote that I like:  "I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little bit drunk".
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 08:32:04 am »

A little off topic but did everyone see the story of the 76 year old lady here in Daytona that shot her husband in the hospital? He was terminal and his health kept deteriating so they had made a plans to do this a few weeks before.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 11:39:54 am »

A little off topic but did everyone see the story of the 76 year old lady here in Daytona that shot her husband in the hospital? He was terminal and his health kept deteriating so they had made a plans to do this a few weeks before.

No, but that's sad.  It's a complicated issue, but I don't like to see people suffer.  I also don't like to see people incarcerated for trying to prevent suffering.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 04:05:41 pm »

Atticus Read had a good quote that I like:  "I hope to arrive to my death, late, in love, and a little bit drunk".

I like that as well...reminds me what Tyrion Lannister said early on in Game of Thrones, when these Hill Tribesman are going to kill him and Bronn, and one of the tribesman asks Tyrian "How would you like to die?" To which Tyrion replies "In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock."

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 10:04:31 am »

I like that as well...reminds me what Tyrion Lannister said early on in Game of Thrones, when these Hill Tribesman are going to kill him and Bronn, and one of the tribesman asks Tyrian "How would you like to die?" To which Tyrion replies "In my own bed, at the age of 80, with a belly full of wine and a girl's mouth around my cock."

One of my college professors said that at the age of 80 he hoped to be shot by his 22 year old lover's boyfriend. Seemed like a direct proposition considering that was the age of many of the girls in class. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray