Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:40:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Top Priorities in the Offseason
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Top Priorities in the Offseason  (Read 1515 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2023, 11:57:42 am »

Also, adding a good blocking TE will go a long ways in this offense.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2023, 12:03:14 pm »

keep working on the O-line .. it was much better than last year and you can keep improving.
keep finding players for the secondary

Terron, Hunt and Connor were elite players. If we get just league average at LG and RT, that is a Top 10 unit. Hunt must be extended this offseason before we are forced to play him at RT next year due to injury and now he is worth $18 Million a year. RG contract would keep him around $10-12 Million.

Jackson will be depth and very likely Liam too. He just looks lost out there at every position, can't go into next season with him penciled in as a starter. Even a competition means he's fighting against other crap players.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2023, 12:56:12 pm »

Need a great back up for Armstead no matter what. Armstead missed an average of five games for nine seasons in New Orleans and didn't fare much better here.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 01:15:19 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 12:04:01 am »

There are a LOT of tough choices on that list.
My priorities would probably be:

Melvin Ingram, linebacker
Thomas Morstead, punter
Raheem Mostert, running back
Nik Needham, cornerback
Elandon Roberts, linebacker
Eric Rowe, safety
Trent Sherfield, wide receiver
Andrew Van Ginkel, linebacker
Jeff Wilson, running back
I completely and whole-heartedly agree with every name on this list.  I made my own list (independently) and it was identical, with the exception of mine included Dieter as well.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 02:39:02 pm »

and it was identical, with the exception of mine included Dieter as well.

I feel like I remember someone on the radio saying Dieter is the only offensive lineman who did not play a snap this year. Considering how many injuries we had that doesn't bode well for him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2023, 02:45:43 pm »

I feel like I remember someone on the radio saying Dieter is the only offensive lineman who did not play a snap this year. Considering how many injuries we had that doesn't bode well for him.

We have an alarming number of former starters and draft picks who aren't even seeing the field when we are down to our 5th or 6th stringers the past few years. Who was even behind Dieter, T.D. the Mascot?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 02:53:59 pm »

We have an alarming number of former starters and draft picks who aren't even seeing the field when we are down to our 5th or 6th stringers the past few years. Who was even behind Dieter, T.D. the Mascot?
LMAO ... I heard TD was warming up to kick but Sanders finally came around.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 03:23:58 pm »

Re-signing Van Ginkel may be one of the more expensive things Miami has to do, hopefully they can do that.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 03:41:23 pm »

Re-signing Van Ginkel may be one of the more expensive things Miami has to do, hopefully they can do that.

He's one of my favorite players but I don't think he gets signed. Once we traded for Chubb his playing time went way down. Van Ginkle will get much more money from someone else. 

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray