Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:38:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Just another weekend to remind me of how Coach Flores screwed us
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Just another weekend to remind me of how Coach Flores screwed us  (Read 1329 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2023, 11:54:47 am »

^^^ I don't think anyone cared about what was going on "in the building" as Flores contended Ross wanted him to lose games and most people know exactly what that means in that situation. It's done in every sport every single year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 11:51:46 am »

You make a HUGEEE assumption that Miami would have been smart enough to draft Joe Burrow, they probably still would have drafted Tua only it would have cost them more money in compensation.

Well, I’d put nothing past the fins but I do believe they get Burrow. It was pretty consensus.

I still say had that year not been twisted by COVID we would have went with Herbert. We just weren’t able to properly evaluate players that year I think if it’s normal we get Herb.

Flores was right in wanting him but it doesn’t justify his sabotaging of Tua..and he should have just played Rosen all year and we get Burrow.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 12:51:15 pm »

I still say had that year not been twisted by COVID we would have went with Herbert. We just weren’t able to properly evaluate players that year I think if it’s normal we get Herb.
There would have been a riot from the fanbase if, after two years of Tank For Tua, some meaningless wins push the Dolphins out of the #1 pick, Tua falls to the Dolphins in a fluke anyway, and the Dolphins pass on him.  Grier would already be on the street today.

Tua's performance over the last year should make it even more clear that Flores was quite capable of tanking a very good QB.  You think you have QB envy now?  Imagine Tua on the Chargers leading the league in passer rating with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Austin Ekeler while Justin Herbert is throwing passes to Lynn Bowden, Durham Smythe, Isaiah Ford, and Patrick Laird.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 12:55:36 pm »

There would have been a riot from the fanbase if, after two years of Tank For Tua, some meaningless wins push the Dolphins out of the #1 pick, Tua falls to the Dolphins in a fluke anyway, and the Dolphins pass on him.  Grier would already be on the street today.

Tua's performance over the last year should make it even more clear that Flores was quite capable of tanking a very good QB.  You think you have QB envy now?  Imagine Tua on the Chargers leading the league in passer rating with Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Austin Ekeler while Justin Herbert is throwing passes to Lynn Bowden, Durham Smythe, Isaiah Ford, and Patrick Laird.

Yeah I mean that’s fair man and I think if Tua can stay healthy he can be the better player. That’s a huge if thought and Herbert is a damn good QB and more “prototypical”. Of course as you say..he would have had a lot less talent here and maybe Flores pulls him out of games and delays his development.

Who knows, but I still wish we had Burrow.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray