Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:17:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Just another weekend to remind me of how Coach Flores screwed us
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Just another weekend to remind me of how Coach Flores screwed us  (Read 1328 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 23, 2023, 09:08:44 am »

Joe Burrow is money once again and I can't help but think about what could have been. Dumping Josh Rosen after a few games and playing Fitzpatrick to win a few useless games cost us that first pick. Arggggg!!!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2023, 09:52:25 am »

Yep, Flores and freakin Fitzy. I hate them both.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 10:38:48 am »

Yep, Flores and freakin Fitzy. I hate them both.

Fitz did nothing wrong, it's not up to the players to tank on the field. Flores was to coach for future success and see if we had something in Rosen and he couldn't do it. Sacrificing the future for meaningless wins.

Thank God the Lions made a Jordanesque mistake in drafting that Cornerback who might not even his 5th year option picked up.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 12:11:35 pm »

Sorry, but I'm glad he beat New England week 17 and cost them the first round bye.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2023, 12:55:18 pm »

Sorry, but I'm glad he beat New England week 17 and cost them the first round bye.

Didn't matter at that point, beating Cincy is what doomed us.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2023, 03:51:35 pm »

It was cool that it helped end the pats dynasty but I’d rather have Joe Burrow.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 07:19:38 am »

You make a HUGEEE assumption that Miami would have been smart enough to draft Joe Burrow, they probably still would have drafted Tua only it would have cost them more money in compensation.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 08:24:04 am »

You make a HUGEEE assumption that Miami would have been smart enough to draft Joe Burrow, they probably still would have drafted Tua only it would have cost them more money in compensation.

Normally I would agree but they even tried to trade up to get him so he was on their radar. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 09:10:01 am »

Normally I would agree but they even tried to trade up to get him so he was on their radar. 

Yeah, they 100% would've went for Burrow. Cincy wasn't giving up that pick for anything less than 5 1st rounders, one of them being in the same draft so they could've taken Tua or Herbert.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 03:15:49 pm »

Yeah, they 100% would've went for Burrow. Cincy wasn't giving up that pick for anything less than 5 1st rounders, one of them being in the same draft so they could've taken Tua or Herbert.

Burrow doesn't play defense.

Hard to say if things would be better.

Remember Ryan Tannehill?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 05:08:53 pm »

Burrow doesn't play defense.

Hard to say if things would be better.

Remember Ryan Tannehill?

First off, yes I think Flores screwed us, and yes I would have picked Burrow over Tua (and still would given the opportunity). However, as D4L has mentioned it would take more than just Burrow to make the big jump up the AFC queue.

Last Sunday Burrow had an offensive line that absolutely bulldozed and abused Buffalo, and he would not have anything like that playing here. He also would not have had two A grade wide receivers to target until this last season too.

That's where you can't rewrite history to say Burrow would be the sole difference to where we could be versus where we are. The same goes for the old equally flawed argument that "we should have picked Matt Ryan over Jake Long". If you want a pick that really sent our franchise backwards, it's the Ireland move up the draft to pick Dion Jordan instead of Lane Johnson - if he did the latter we would have had the tackle position locked down with a stud Pro Bowl/All Pro quality player the last 10 years.

Ps. Should this thread be in the Anti-Phins chat?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 09:59:52 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 05:51:43 pm »

If you want a pick that really sent our franchise backwards, it's the Ireland move up the draft to pick Dion Jordan instead of Lane Johnson - if he did the latter we would have had the tackle position locked down with a stud Pro Bowl/All Pro quality player the last 10 years.
Well, on the bright side: this season, Miami was able to sign the #1 overall pick that draft, Eric Fisher!

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 11:34:12 am »

I guess I just have a different opinion of others on here, in that I want a Coach to go out and coach to win every game.  Maybe the lone exception would be that if you lost your last game it would mean that you would have a better seeding where you would play a weaker team in the playoffs.  Draft picks are never a guaranteed thing, there have been plenty of #1 picks that turned out to be busts, and later picks that have turned into allstars.  IMO it's more important to have a winning culture.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 11:43:20 am »

I guess I just have a different opinion of others on here, in that I want a Coach to go out and coach to win every game.  Maybe the lone exception would be that if you lost your last game it would mean that you would have a better seeding where you would play a weaker team in the playoffs.  Draft picks are never a guaranteed thing, there have been plenty of #1 picks that turned out to be busts, and later picks that have turned into allstars.  IMO it's more important to have a winning culture.

I don't think anyone wnated him to coach the games to try to lose, but starting a 38 year old over a 2nd year QB who you just traded a 2nd and 4th rounder is not in the long term best interests of the team. It was the wrong call then and hindsight has shown it to be even worse. Start Rosen for 10 games and if he is the worst ever? Replace him. Josh got 6 quarters before he was booted with similar stats to Fitzpatrick at the time.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 07:41:12 pm »

I don't think anyone wnated him to coach the games to try to lose, but starting a 38 year old over a 2nd year QB who you just traded a 2nd and 4th rounder is not in the long term best interests of the team. It was the wrong call then and hindsight has shown it to be even worse. Start Rosen for 10 games and if he is the worst ever? Replace him. Josh got 6 quarters before he was booted with similar stats to Fitzpatrick at the time.

Not being "in the building" we can't know even close to everything about Josh Rosen.  But he was given a full chance with Arizona; and after he left Miami he's been on 5 different teams, mostly as a practice squad player.  So I think Flores made the right decision in not playing him any further.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray