Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  FBI counterintelligence agent who led Trump-Russia probe arrested
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: FBI counterintelligence agent who led Trump-Russia probe arrested  (Read 1284 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: January 24, 2023, 08:56:00 am »

In the you can't make this stuff up ... lol. The guy who led the Russia probe on Trump has ties to Russia and was taking money to remove sanctions against them.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/former-fbi-official-charles-mcgonigal-arrested-ties-russian/story?id=96609658

FBI Assistant Director in Charge Michael J. Driscoll said. "Russian oligarchs like Oleg Deripaska perform global malign influence on behalf of the Kremlin and are associated with acts of bribery, extortion, and violence."

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 09:26:09 am »

So the guy investigating whether russia backed trump and handwaved that there was nothing going on was being paid by the russians .. mmm hmm.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 11:35:09 am »

I wonder how much money has to be involved to corrupt an FBI agent, who dedicated his life to fighting against this stuff.  These oligarchs are crazytown rich.  They can toss away millions as if it's nothing.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 12:07:48 pm »

I wonder how much money has to be involved to corrupt an FBI agent, who dedicated his life to fighting against this stuff.  These oligarchs are crazytown rich.  They can toss away millions as if it's nothing.

Money is almost always involved, but that is usually only a kicker.  Typically it is something along the lines of finding out something about the guy like drug addiction or cheating on wife and blackmail.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 12:10:28 pm »

I hadn't thought of that, but yeah...that makes sense.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 02:20:12 pm »

So the guy investigating whether russia backed trump and handwaved that there was nothing going on was being paid by the russians .. mmm hmm.
Hahaha ... who knows? Just kind of ironic either way.

I saw that it was $225,000 somewhere but they figured it to be more.

The thing that blows my mind is how unsecure everything really is. They found classified material at Pence's house today. Just in the recent past that means Trump, Clinton, Biden, Pence and even the FBI have been irresponsible at best. How is there not a more secure way to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 02:31:43 pm »

The thing that blows my mind is how unsecure everything really is. They found classified material at Pence's house today. Just in the recent past that means Trump, Clinton, Biden, Pence and even the FBI have been irresponsible at best. How is there not a more secure way to make sure this kind of stuff doesn't happen.

I don't really think the classified docs thing is a big deal and the more I listen about it from people in the business, it's just something that happens.

There is a procedure to the stuff -- you discover it stuck in a pile of other things, report it, and then there is an investigation into how it occurred.  But it happens a lot and it's benign.

This isn't "see...Trump did the same thing as everyone else".  It's not the same.  Pence and Biden probably did the same thing.  Trump obstructed the process.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 05:45:35 pm »

Biden and Pence voluntarily turned in classified documents that they found before the feds even knew to ask.  They have both (so far) cooperated fully.
Trump was repeatedly asked for classified documents and refused to turn them over.  He has obstructed at every turn.

What Biden and Pence did was similar.
What Trump did was not.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2023, 08:33:33 am »

I get it. Orange man is absolutley evil and everything he does is the worst even if it is the same as others. Regardless of the sidebars of Trump beiing bad ... there is obviously somehting wrong with the system. Even Jimmy Carter was found to have classified material and I'm pretty certin he isn't the only one.  Who knows what else is out there or what secrets have been blown by these things. I saw a former FBI officer saying people died to get the infornation on many of these documents. It isn't like a math test answers were given up.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2023, 09:30:32 am »

I get it. Orange man is absolutley evil and everything he does is the worst even if it is the same as others.

Don't do this.

It's not the same as others.

The others are the same as each other.  Trump's is different.  He's obstructing the process of reporting, returning, and cooperating.  It's not just that he had some documents.

As things get more digital, this will likely be less of a problem, but as I understand it, when you have sensitive information on paper at many different locations...and there are millions on documents over a tenure, it's likely that some don't get filed -- and it's like like the president is the only one...it could be anyone related to his staff.  Also, there are varying levels of classified documents.  It's probably not like the nuclear codes are laying out on some desk.  It's stuff that should be secured, but I don't think that this is something to be overly alarmed about.  Sure, do better -- investigate or whatever.  But I don't find this to be an unheard of security risk.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2023, 10:00:25 am »

Don't do this.

It's not the same as others.

I wasn't specifically speaking about this case. The need to bash Trump over actually discussing topics in here is at a rediculous level. It really doesn't make it worth speaking an opinion knowing that every response will turn into Trump bashing instead of the topic.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2023, 11:18:22 am »

I wasn't specifically speaking about this case. The need to bash Trump over actually discussing topics in here is at a rediculous level. It really doesn't make it worth speaking an opinion knowing that every response will turn into Trump bashing instead of the topic.

YOU started this thread. 

This arrest suggest that there was Russian collusion with Trump during the 2016 election and that the reason the FBI didn't find more evidence of this was a Russian agent prevented it.  While this arrest doesn't prove the collusion, it is evidence of collusion by Russia.  Yet you want to believe that proof of Russian interference somehow exonerates Trump.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2023, 11:38:03 am »

I get it. Orange man is absolutley evil and everything he does is the worst even if it is the same as others.
More accurately: you will defend Trump and run interference for him no matter what it is that he does.

This very thread was created by you in Trump's defense, when in reality, that arrest just makes the Trump-Russia implications even worse.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2023, 03:21:43 pm »

More accurately: you will defend Trump and run interference for him no matter what it is that he does.

Shows how little you know of me. In here I may do that but it's because you guys are so far left you can't even see the middle any longer. I was done with Trump after the last presidential election and wished he would have butted out of the mid terms.  If in fact just a small percentage of what you guys accuse him of was true he'd be in jail and wouldn't be thorn in the side of the GOP.

This very thread was created by you in Trump's defense, when in reality, that arrest just makes the Trump-Russia implications even worse.
If you read this first post and interpret it to mean I'm defending Trump then that's your issue with biasness. Go back and reread it. First post was strictly about the irony ... that why I said "You can't make this up". Never said anything about how he is crooked hence Trump is not.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2023, 06:57:06 pm »

Shows how little you know of me. In here I may do that but it's because you guys are so far left you can't even see the middle any longer. I was done with Trump after the last presidential election and wished he would have butted out of the mid terms.
Then allow me to make a prediction:

After Trump wins the 2024 GOP presidential primary, you will, once again, be back here defending him with the same old I'm not voting for an "angel-in-chief" excuses right before you pull the lever for him in November.

Your proclamations of being "done with Trump" are meaningless, because you never actually act on them in any way that matters.  The Republican Party - who will certainly win any vote you choose to cast at this point - is so busted and shame-free that every GOP politician will happily stick-it-out through any scandal.  I imagine you laugh and snicker about how weak the Democrats are when they successfully force elected politicians like Al Franken or Andrew Cuomo to resign due to misconduct... something that today's Republicans would never even consider under any circumstances.  Just look at Jim Jordan, Matt Gaetz, and George Santos today.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 07:03:32 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray