Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 03:54:05 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Cool Hockey Stat
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Cool Hockey Stat  (Read 1276 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 29, 2023, 10:57:25 am »

San Jose is the only team to lose a game after scoring an empty net goal.  I saw this on facebook.  They've done it twice in the last three years.

Edit: I mean in NHL HISTORY
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 01:04:49 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 11:05:01 am »

The Panthers are the only team that has beat the Bruins twice this season.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2023, 11:48:16 am »

San Jose is the only team to lose a game after scoring an empty net goal.  I saw this on facebook.  They've done it twice in the last three years.

That's near impossible because at the very least you are up 2 goals with around a minute remaining. So, they would have to give up at least 2 goals in 60-90 seconds and then lose in OT.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2023, 12:03:32 pm »

https://www.nhl.com/stories/games/56697-20230128-Carolina-Hurricanes-vs-San-Jose-Sharks.html

Sharks score Empty Net goal to take a 4-2 lead with 1:52 to go.
Reimer gives up a softie 15 seconds later bring the Canes to 4-3.
Canes score again with the extra attacker, 12 seconds left, to tie.
Canes win, scoring less than 1 minute into overtime.  Reimer gave up 3 goals in less than 3 minutes of ice time.  

James Reimer sucks.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 12:43:21 pm »

This obviously must not count teams that score on themselves during delayed penalties.

I saw my college's women's hockey team come close.  They scored an empty netter, then gave up an extra-attacker goal, but were able to hold on
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 12:45:00 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2023, 12:53:26 pm »

That's near impossible because at the very least you are up 2 goals with around a minute remaining. So, they would have to give up at least 2 goals in 60-90 seconds and then lose in OT.

What makes it possible is that the team has an extra iceman and is playing extremely aggressively. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2023, 01:35:39 pm »

What makes it possible is that the team has an extra iceman and is playing extremely aggressively. 

Most of the time when a team is down by 1, pulls the goalie and then is down by 2 with a minute or so to play, they finish the game 5 on 5. They don't want to lose by even more goals. Only in the playoffs would they keep doubling down.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 03:46:20 pm »

This obviously must not count teams that score on themselves during delayed penalties.
I don't believe I've EVER seen a team on a delayed penalty score on themselves.  I assume it has happened, just based on probability, but I've never seen it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2023, 04:07:45 pm »

I don't believe I've EVER seen a team on a delayed penalty score on themselves.  I assume it has happened, just based on probability, but I've never seen it.

That's how goalies sometimes get credited with goals.

Youtube it.  It happens more often than you think

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2EgcBJG9uE

Edit:  I did it for you

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray