Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:26:32 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Alternate Mount Rushmore Quarterbacks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Alternate Mount Rushmore Quarterbacks  (Read 2582 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: February 10, 2023, 04:51:23 pm »

Worst four quarterbacks.  It would be fitting to put our four worst QUARTERBACKS on Mount RUSH-MORE (get it?)

John Beck
Ray Lucas
Daunte Culpepper
AJ Feeley

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 05:21:12 pm »

Just a friendly reminder that personal attacks are against the rules.
Thanks.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 05:23:06 pm »

Just a friendly reminder that personal attacks are against the rules.
Thanks.

If that's a personal attack, doesn't that mean SOTG threads are also personal attacks?

I'm confused.  I thought that was a clever pun
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 05:25:10 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 05:25:08 pm »

To clarify, I deleted a reply that contained a personal attack.
This thread is fine.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2023, 06:58:53 pm »

I think you have a pretty good list, D4L.

Lucas and Culpepper are definites, for me. Lucas, it's not even really his fault, it's just that fans cheered for him so hard and he was just NOT IT.  (I wasn't those fans.  I always thought those fans were dumb.)

Culpepper was a big name disappointment, but he also was kinda cocky about coming back and beating us with the Raiders, which I thought was a dick play.

John Beck looked like a deer in headlights for his entire career here.

I will use my last spot for Pat White.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2023, 06:49:18 am »

Pat White has to go on the list. 44th overall as a wild cat quarterback. There were warning flags in parts of his play, but nothing that could have prepared the Dolphins for the scared little boy that completely froze when defenders came at him. That was embarrassing and I honestly don't understand it, because he looked nothing like that in college. I actually went back and watched some West Virginia games and that was just a different player. No idea what happened.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 08:41:41 am »

I think you have a pretty good list, D4L.

Lucas and Culpepper are definites, for me. Lucas, it's not even really his fault, it's just that fans cheered for him so hard and he was just NOT IT.  (I wasn't those fans.  I always thought those fans were dumb.)

Culpepper was a big name disappointment, but he also was kinda cocky about coming back and beating us with the Raiders, which I thought was a dick play.

John Beck looked like a deer in headlights for his entire career here.

I will use my last spot for Pat White.

I was absolutely one of those dumb fans who was ecstatic that Ray Lucas was getting a shot. Might've been the most wrong I have ever been about anything in my whole life.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2023, 10:36:13 am »

I was absolutely one of those dumb fans who was ecstatic that Ray Lucas was getting a shot. Might've been the most wrong I have ever been about anything in my whole life.

We will chalk it up to youth.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2023, 06:21:19 pm »

I immediately think of Pat White, but it's mostly the Dolphins fault, not White's.  Drafting him where they did was one of the stupidest picks ever.  There have been so many bad QB's for different reasons you almost have to put in some parameters to decide who deserves to be on the list.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2023, 06:41:06 pm »

They were 5-1, why would you feel ecstatic about that?

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2023, 02:54:51 pm »

They were 5-1, why would you feel ecstatic about that?

Because we were 5-1 despite Fiedler's play. At the time, Fielder had 9 TDs compared to 6 INTs and was averaging 218 yards a game. I thought that Ray Lucas was going to be a solid QB and since this was right after Trent Dilfer won the Superbowl despite not doing much, this was all we needed to get to the top. Sadly, we were all calling for Fiedler's return 2 weeks into his absence.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2023, 03:07:39 pm »

^ Fiedler was definitely not lighting the world on fire.  He was a game manager at best and there were certain throws that he just couldn't make very well.  He was very bad on the short out -- it was pick 6 city.  There was most certainly a lane to go against Fiedler.

My beef at the time was that it wasn't his backup on the roster.  Draft a guy to take over for Fielder, or go acquire a guy to start, fine.  But you can't pull your starter mid-season for a backup bum.  If Lucas was better than Fiedler, he'd have beaten him in practices and been the starter.  Coaches get to see those guys play every single day.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2023, 03:32:54 pm »

At the time, Lucas was behind Testaverde for his whole Jets career and only got a 9 game stretch to play. In those 9 games, he was 6-3 with a 14-6 TD/INT Ratio. So, there was reason to believe he could do better than Fiedler since Jay wasn't good and Wanny had an unhealthy obsession with him. It just didn't work out, although looking recently at his game logs he had 2 solid games in relief. He just was pretty damn bad in the losses.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2023, 07:26:11 pm »

My whole thinking is that he wouldn't be a career backup on multiple teams without an opportunity to start.  Someone would've traded for him or seen him doing well in practice.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2023, 03:59:37 pm »

My whole thinking is that he wouldn't be a career backup on multiple teams without an opportunity to start.  Someone would've traded for him or seen him doing well in practice.

At the time I believe the thinking was that he was just the backup for the Jets over a QB that wasn't going to be replaced, so it was possible he was a diamond in the rough. That proved to not be the case......at all.

Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, Sam Madison, Patrick Surtain and Ricky Williams should file suit against Dave Wannstedt and Ownership for wasting the best team this franchise has had since 1984.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray