Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:04:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  What're you watching? 2/9/2024
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What're you watching? 2/9/2024  (Read 340 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: February 09, 2024, 03:08:20 pm »

It's been a while with one of these.  I've been hitting movies pretty hard lately, what with the Oscars coming up.

I am watching all the nominated films down the list.  I only have a few left that I haven't seen.  I've got plenty of time to finish, but I'm not rushing, because there are one or two where I might have to watch the film in a less-than-ideal manner, like if it isn't available legitimately.  Additionally, this month, I'm watching from my classic movies book from the year 1994.  I've seen a lot of the popular films already, so what's left are things that are either not English language or I'm just not familiar with.

For TV, I started a watch of The Sopranos.

I've seen a decent amount of that show in my life, enough to know the main players...maybe what amounts to 2 1/2 seasons before now.  But when it was coming out weekly, I had trouble keeping up -- we didn't having binging like we do now and I just couldn't stay engaged in a show for 6 years.  So, I started over from the beginning and intend to watch it all in a row.  Right now I'm halfway through season 2 and I don't remember most of it, aside from one or two of the big deaths.

The show makes me kinda anxious.  You can see these characters (both in the mob and their victims) that either make choices where you can tell in the moment that it's going to go bad for them, or in some other cases, where these people are forced into no-win situations, where standing up for yourself means your maiming or death.  You have no options.

That stresses me out at night right before bed, but I've been enjoying it.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 07:33:15 pm »

The Rockford Files.  I wonder how many Pontiac Firebird Vista's they went through on that show, it seems the car got wrecked every other week.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2024, 02:13:41 pm »

I'm on a binge of starting Homicide Life on the Streets from the beginning. In season 5 right now.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2024, 09:07:26 am »

I just finished season 2 of Reacher and i'm starting on Mr and Mrs smith on amazon prime
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2024, 09:33:57 am »

We just got done binging Longmire and are now watching Billions since we really enjoyed Suits. Looking forward to the revival of Suits.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2024, 06:22:59 pm »

I'm on a binge of starting Homicide Life on the Streets from the beginning. In season 5 right now.

That's a good one, I haven't watched it in decades.  The police building was turned into a high end hotel several years ago.  And one of the bars across the street, The Waterfront, is one of my favorite bars to go to when I'm in Baltimore.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray