Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:06:27 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Who will be the GOP nominee?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print
Poll
Question: Who will be the GOP nominee?
Trump   -7 (58.3%)
Desantis   -3 (25%)
The Field   -2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Who will be the GOP nominee?  (Read 15549 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2023, 02:02:28 pm »

It's pretty apparent you are obsessed with DeSantis and hoping he has a Tiny D. Good for you I guess.
Seems like you don't like Trump's nicknames any more Cheesy
Personally, I think they're all sophomoric and ridiculous.  "Tiny D," in particular, perfectly encapsulates the mindset of the presidential candidate who bragged about his dick size on a nationally-broadcast debate stage (and then easily won the GOP primary).  It is the perfect Trump nickname that instantly conveys everything Trump is about.  So hopefully, after Trump thoroughly demolishes your man in the GOP primary, you can stop defending Trump at every turn.

The video you linked to is about securing our border and the reasons behind it. No mention of Elon Musk. Maybe concentrate on linking to correct videos instead of looking for tiny ds?
Maybe you should try actually watching the video.  Half of it is footage of Elon Musk: Elon Musk at a premiere, Elon Musk in a media interview, Elon Musk with a flamethrower, Elon Musk unveiling the Tesla semi.  Is Tiny D talking about closing the border to immigrants like Musk?  Because otherwise, there is no reason why this Ron DeSantis campaign video should be stuffed to the gills with random video of Elon Musk...

...except that, as stated, Tiny D is a charisma-free troll who can only siphon glory from popular people, and is completely hopeless when he's not preaching to a carefully-crafted audience of supporters.

BTW Tiny D has closed the gap by 14% in Iowa since declaring. He now trails Trump by only 10% with plenty of time to gain even more from the crowded field.
Glad to see you believe in polling again!  I don't see any polling of Iowa from June, and all the polls I see from May have Tiny D getting crushed.

However, I did find some national polling from June:

538: Trump 53.7%, DeSantis 21.3%
Rasmussen: Trump 58%, DeSantis 30%

« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 02:11:47 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2023, 03:42:18 pm »

Unless DeSantis is running for the Mayor of Des Moines, it means nothing...

It means when he actually started campaigning in the state people took notice but that's pretty obvious.

However, I did find some national polling from June:

538: Trump 53.7%, DeSantis 21.3%
Rasmussen: Trump 58%, DeSantis 30%

I guess looking for polls where he hasn't even campaigned at makes sense ... if I didn't care about reality anyway. Might as well post Bud Light sales from 6 months ago versus last week.

I have no idea why Musk in those images but absolutely nothing is referencing Musk in the soundbite. You do realize that video isn't from a Ron DeSantis account don't you?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2023, 03:46:19 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2023, 12:08:26 am »

I guess looking for polls where he hasn't even campaigned at makes sense ... if I didn't care about reality anyway.
They are national polls, just like the polls you posted the last time you liked polling.
Furthermore: you didn't even post any Iowa polls!  You simply declared DeSantis has "closed the gap" without any polling at all.

I have no idea why Musk in those images but absolutely nothing is referencing Musk in the soundbite.
The entire point of criticism I am making is that Elon Musk is half of the video for no discernible reason!
It LITERALLY has nothing to do with Musk!  Tiny D is simply trying to glom on to Musk's popularity!

You do realize that video isn't from a Ron DeSantis account don't you?
In point of fact, that video is from the (verified by Elon Musk's Twitter™) DeSantis War Room account, listed as "Rapid Response for @RonDesantis".
It is an official account for the DeSantis campaign.

[edit: deleted unnecessarily combative extra content]
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 05:55:17 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #183 on: June 07, 2023, 11:31:05 am »

They are national polls, just like the polls you posted the last time you liked polling.
Furthermore: you didn't even post any Iowa polls!  You simply declared DeSantis has "closed the gap" without any polling at all.
The entire point of criticism I am making is that Elon Musk is half of the video for no discernible reason!
It LITERALLY has nothing to do with Musk!  Tiny D is simply trying to glom on to Musk's popularity!
In point of fact, that video is from the (verified by Elon Musk's Twitter™) DeSantis War Room account, listed as "Rapid Response for @RonDesantis".
It is an official account for the DeSantis campaign.

[edit: deleted unnecessarily combative extra content]
LMAO ... you know it's a fan site but OK if it makes you feel better. I didn't realize you wanted me to post the poll as I just assumed you could use google or duck duck go if you didn't trust me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #184 on: June 07, 2023, 03:14:29 pm »

It is the verified official response account for the Ron DeSantis campaign.
My question is... why are you acting like you care if it's official or not?  If I take the time to jump through the hoops and prove the account is official, you'll just say, "well the video doesn't matter anyway."  So let's just skip directly to that part: you don't really care if Tiny D is putting out Elon Musk fan videos as his official campaign content, for exactly the same reasons that you don't really care if Trump is bragging on tape about assaulting women, or insulting Gold Star families: they will enact the policies that you want.  Just be up front about it.

I didn't realize you wanted me to post the poll as I just assumed you could use google or duck duck go if you didn't trust me.
I literally just said, "I don't see any polling of Iowa from June," and I'd be fine to leave it at that except you're saying that the recent national polls I cited aren't relevant.  So cite your polls, or shut up about the polling.  I'd like to see what kind of commanding Trump lead in Iowa you believe is good news for Tiny D.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2023, 09:02:17 am »

It is the verified official response account for the Ron DeSantis campaign.
My question is... why are you acting like you care if it's official or not?  If I take the time to jump through the hoops and prove the account is official, you'll just say, "well the video doesn't matter anyway."  So let's just skip directly to that part: you don't really care if Tiny D is putting out Elon Musk fan videos as his official campaign content, for exactly the same reasons that you don't really care if Trump is bragging on tape about assaulting women, or insulting Gold Star families: they will enact the policies that you want.  Just be up front about it.
I literally just said, "I don't see any polling of Iowa from June," and I'd be fine to leave it at that except you're saying that the recent national polls I cited aren't relevant.  So cite your polls, or shut up about the polling.  I'd like to see what kind of commanding Trump lead in Iowa you believe is good news for Tiny D.
It's verified alright just like millions of others who paid $7 to get a blue check. LMAO ... you do realize I can't take you seriously regardless of how much you try to troll me. It's just gotten too silly. 

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #186 on: June 09, 2023, 10:18:09 am »

The first indictment didn't really have too much of a sag on Trump's poll numbers in the GOP field, but this second one might.  It's a much more serious charge, IMO.

I think that Chris Christie is trying to be the anti-Trump candidate.

By the way, the thing that the Republicans are making you have to sign a loyalty pledge to support the nominee if you want to get on the stage -- that's dumb.

I drink your milkshake!
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #187 on: June 09, 2023, 11:38:51 am »

By the way, the thing that the Republicans are making you have to sign a loyalty pledge to support the nominee if you want to get on the stage -- that's dumb.

It is not dumb.  It is evil.  Don't confuse the two.  It is a brilliant move by a Trump loyalist.  The policy benefits Trump and makes things more difficult for the moderates within the party. 

Gerrymandering, voter id laws, opposition to mail in voting, etc are not dumb, they are evil. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #188 on: June 09, 2023, 11:45:54 am »

The first indictment didn't really have too much of a sag on Trump's poll numbers in the GOP field, but this second one might.  It's a much more serious charge, IMO.

I think that Chris Christie is trying to be the anti-Trump candidate.

They started that with Trump and Christie kind of made a joke about it. Christie ...“George, I will be on the debate stage, and I will take the pledge that the [Republican National Committee] puts in front of me just as seriously as Donald Trump did eight years ago, when he signed the pledge, as Reince Priebus went up there and begged him to do it, and on the first debate stage, he didn’t raise his hand to say he’d support the nominee.”

I would absolutely be shocked if Christies develops much of a following either way. In my opinion if any dark horse breaks through it will either be Nikki Haley or Tim Scott. Politically speaking they both really fit the model of the average Republican in my opinion and being a minority in today's world helps fringe people relate.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #189 on: June 09, 2023, 01:02:11 pm »

They started that with Trump and Christie kind of made a joke about it. Christie ...“George, I will be on the debate stage, and I will take the pledge that the [Republican National Committee] puts in front of me just as seriously as Donald Trump did eight years ago, when he signed the pledge, as Reince Priebus went up there and begged him to do it, and on the first debate stage, he didn’t raise his hand to say he’d support the nominee.”

I would absolutely be shocked if Christies develops much of a following either way. In my opinion if any dark horse breaks through it will either be Nikki Haley or Tim Scott. Politically speaking they both really fit the model of the average Republican in my opinion and being a minority in today's world helps fringe people relate.

So Christie said the quiet part out loud, "I will lie, if I feel it is necessary to get elected."   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #190 on: June 09, 2023, 02:05:20 pm »

The first indictment didn't really have too much of a sag on Trump's poll numbers in the GOP field, but this second one might.  It's a much more serious charge, IMO.
It will improve his polling in the GOP primary, just as the first one did.

Christie's answer is precisely correct.  The GOP "loyalty pledge" is a joke; Trump made it meaningless.

The person who should be most concerned about Christie is DeSantis.  Christie cannot do anything to affect Trump, but he can most definitely give Tiny D the same treatment he gave Little Marco.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #191 on: June 09, 2023, 03:00:09 pm »

The person who should be most concerned about Christie is DeSantis.  Christie cannot do anything to affect Trump, but he can most definitely give Tiny D the same treatment he gave Little Marco.
Disagree. I realize you are better than me in understanding the GOP but I actually work and play with many Trump loyalists and can see the cracks in the armor getting bigger. Trump's support of the shots, Disney, and Anheiser Busch didn't go over very well even with his biggest supporters. Now he has basically helped Saudi Arabia steal professional golf from the US ... in which he also benefits. That doesn't bode well for the America first model he tries to sell. All he has left is his insults and even those have gotten boring to the GOP.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #192 on: June 09, 2023, 03:11:37 pm »

Two questions every Republican candidate will be asked.

1 If Trump is the nominee will you support him in the general?

2 If Trump is convicted will you pardon him?

Answer no to either and you can't win the primary.  Answer yes to either and you can win the general.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #193 on: June 09, 2023, 06:37:02 pm »

Disagree. I realize you are better than me in understanding the GOP but I actually work and play with many Trump loyalists and can see the cracks in the armor getting bigger. Trump's support of the shots, Disney, and Anheiser Busch didn't go over very well even with his biggest supporters.
Trump is the overwhelming favorite in the GOP primary and by far the most popular person in the Republican Party.  This is not my opinion; this is the opinion that Republicans give when asked.

If the people you are talking to think Trump has lost popularity among the GOP, they are fringe outliers who are out-of-touch.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #194 on: June 12, 2023, 01:36:37 pm »

Disagree. I realize you are better than me in understanding the GOP but I actually work and play with many Trump loyalists and can see the cracks in the armor getting bigger. Trump's support of the shots, Disney, and Anheiser Busch didn't go over very well even with his biggest supporters. Now he has basically helped Saudi Arabia steal professional golf from the US ... in which he also benefits. That doesn't bode well for the America first model he tries to sell. All he has left is his insults and even those have gotten boring to the GOP.

So your friends don't care about Trump's attempting to overthrow the election, his inciting a riot intent on killing his VP, or his violation the espionage act.  But they are switching to DeSantos because DeSantos is more extreme in his persecution of LBGT community than Trump. 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray