Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:23:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Who will be the GOP nominee?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Print
Poll
Question: Who will be the GOP nominee?
Trump   -7 (58.3%)
Desantis   -3 (25%)
The Field   -2 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Who will be the GOP nominee?  (Read 15372 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #90 on: March 23, 2023, 07:56:43 am »

I don't buy that at all. You can't take one poll and say everything has changed dramatically. Honestly ...  many polls taken involving Trump has always been pretty bad at best. 

I know Trump supporters who would back DeSantis but I don't know very many DeSantis supporters who would back Trump at this point. I also know people who voted for Biden who support DeSantis but definitely not Trump. It's probably best for you if Trump wins the GOP because he's lost much of the support he previously had and even that wasn't enough.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #91 on: March 23, 2023, 08:55:30 am »

I know Trump supporters who would back DeSantis but I don't know very many DeSantis supporters who would back Trump at this point.
Oh, at this point?  Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of tough talkers 20 months ahead of the election.
But ultimately, they are no different than the Republicans who insisted they wouldn't vote for Trump back in spring 2016.  They have all the spine of a bowl of noodles; they will absolutely vote for Trump if the alternative is any Democrat.

I mean, you are a DeSantis supporter and you won't even attack Trump.  You're still defending Trump to this day, in this very thread! Like all Republicans DeSantis supporters, you're just hoping Trump loses somehow without ever working up the courage to mount any serious criticism of him.  It's pure wishcasting.

It's probably best for you if Trump wins the GOP because he's lost much of the support he previously had and even that wasn't enough.
The outcome that is most likely to produce results I favor is if DeSantis decides to run in 2024, and Trump remains alive until DeSantis loses (primary or general).  The rationale is very simple: Trump is the one person on the planet who can deal the most damage to DeSantis' political career, and Trump will be maximally motivated to do so from this day forward until DeSantis is defeated or withdraws.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 09:05:47 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #92 on: March 23, 2023, 02:45:03 pm »

Oh, at this point?  Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of tough talkers 20 months ahead of the election.
But ultimately, they are no different than the Republicans who insisted they wouldn't vote for Trump back in spring 2016.  They have all the spine of a bowl of noodles; they will absolutely vote for Trump if the alternative is any Democrat.

Do you mean they have half a brain?

Have you not seen how horrible things are now?

Do you like inflation, unsecure borders, high crime, forced vaccination, high gas prices, infant formula shortages, medication shortages, and a bad housing market?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #93 on: March 23, 2023, 02:58:56 pm »

D4L, you are continually posting off-topic comments to this thread.  Stop doing it.

This thread is about the 2024 GOP presidential nomination.  Go start a new thread to vent your criticism of Democrats.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2023, 04:15:15 pm »

I mean, you are a DeSantis supporter and you won't even attack Trump.  You're still defending Trump to this day, in this very thread!.
I get that it's probably pretty common between you and I but really ...  I don't understand your point. Just because I'm a DeSantis supporter means I'm supposed to ignore the fact it seems rather obvious he is "supposedly" being indicted for a ridiculous reason? I say supposedly because it seems to be paused at the moment. I mean ... I didn't have to "like" George Floyd to see he should have never been killed. I take things as a case by case basis which is what I used to think everyone did.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2023, 05:54:13 pm »

Just because I'm a DeSantis supporter means I'm supposed to ignore the fact it seems rather obvious he is "supposedly" being indicted for a ridiculous reason?
Oh, your sturdy defense of Trump predates any indictment.  By a lot.

You've never offered any substantive criticism of Trump, besides him being a flawed vessel, a salty sailor or whatever.  And you obviously think that - outside of his unseemly antics, which don't really matter - he did a great job as President of these United States.  So, as I already said:

All Trump has to do is get on the stage and say, "I'm the only candidate that everyone here agrees did a great job in office.  Everyone else disagrees about the rest of their opponents, and I say they ALL did a terrible job.  So why should any Republican vote for someone other than me?"

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2023, 08:47:33 pm »

I am starting to wonder if there will be a third person.  I thought we'd get Desantis, Trump, Other. 

Trump, Trump Lite, Anti-Trump...if you will.

But I am starting to question whether or not there will be an Anti-Trump out there.  The position is ripe for the taking but there's nobody to do it.  Desantis is running a the Kirkland brand of Trump.  Will there be someone like Romney (I don't think it will be Romney) that will stand up and be like "Trump is bad and I won't support him if he's the nominee" and try to run a more traditional Republican campaign?  I'm starting to doubt it.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2023, 10:03:21 pm »

But I am starting to question whether or not there will be an Anti-Trump out there.  The position is ripe for the taking but there's nobody to do it.
You might as well be asking for a pro-choice candidate or a pro-immigration candidate in the GOP primary.  There is no room whatsoever for an anti-Trump candidate at the national level of the GOP; such a candidate would be drawing dead from day 1, and would have a hard time clearing any sort of polling bar to get on stage for a debate.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2023, 12:17:27 am »

^ While it doesn't seem like it's gonna happen, I just don't agree that there isn't a place for it.

There are "small c" conservatives out there, libertarian-types, etc. -- they don't want Trump's bullshit, but they also don't wan Ron's culture war bullshit.  Where are they supposed to go?

I don't think they'd win.  But it's a part of the party that isn't represented.  Where are the Ron Paul voters going?  What is left for Goldwater Republicans?

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2023, 02:51:25 pm »

I saw an interesting explanation for why these Trumpists are going so hard at DeSantis.

The theory is that they believe DeSantis will still support Trump if the latter wins the primary, but Trump will not support DeSantis if DeSantis wins.  So the best chance for the GOP to win is if DeSantis is defeated.

I personally don't believe the logic is that complex; Trump is the Great Savior, DeSantis is an obstacle in his way, and that's all there is to it.  But I can't say I disagree with the logic itself.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2023, 06:25:17 pm »

The leading candidate for the republican nomination has been indicted. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2023, 11:45:36 pm »

The 2nd candidate just said he'd ignore the constitution and refuse to extradite him.

Desantis is a weirdo.  Your direct opponent is facing jailtime and you can't stop kissing his ass.  It's weird that he won't stand up for himself.  Or at the very least, just stay quiet about it.  To come out in his defense...like, what are you doing?!?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:03:20 pm by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2023, 12:10:13 am »

In all fairness to Tiny D (which more and more people are calling him), he only refused to extradite Trump after Trump's attorneys agreed to surrender.

You must remember that Little Ronnie is, above all else, a coward.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2023, 08:44:10 am »

In all fairness to Tiny D (which more and more people are calling him), he only refused to extradite Trump after Trump's attorneys agreed to surrender.

You must remember that Little Ronnie is, above all else, a coward.
It's hilarious that even though you claim to hate him so much you are in fact the very liberal version of Tommy.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2023, 09:03:17 am »

I know Desantis is acting in what he considers to be his political best interest.  I just don't see how this is it.

It would seem that there needs to a point where you break from your opposition in order to beat them.  And you opposition getting arrested in a case that has nothing to do with you or the greater party you belong to (nor its ideals), seems to be the place.

Not only is it something illegal, but it's also morally against what the GOP base is supposed to stand for.  It seems like it would be a clean break for Desantis to try and be the guy who 1) is living the Christian family man life, unlike Trump and 2) not crooked and in a bunch of legal trouble.  And he can do this by attacking Trump.  But short of that, he can just not stand up and decry the man's innocence and martyr him.  Why would he do this?

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray