Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 07:20:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins Sign LB David Long Jr. 2 Years/$11 Million
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins Sign LB David Long Jr. 2 Years/$11 Million  (Read 895 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 14, 2023, 12:41:18 pm »

Titans fans are very sad that he is gone, seems like he was a very underrated player that could've gotten more on the open market but chose to be a Dolphin.

With Ramsey and Long, I think we are done of defense now, aside from depth roles and draft picks.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2023, 12:41:38 am »

His resume reads like he's more of a run-stuffer, but it still sounds like a great signing.

We needed help desperately at the LB position, and a lot of other free agents signed elsewhere (for a lot more money). Hopefully we can find a gem in the draft to add just a little more depth and maybe a slightly different skill set into the mix.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 01:45:57 pm »

Elandon Roberts just signed with Pittsburgh. He was pretty solid but Long is much better when on the field. The Steelers cut Miles Jack after signing Roberts which I assume was a money thing.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2023, 08:09:37 am »

Elandon Roberts just signed with Pittsburgh.

If we lose Van Ginkel to free agency as well, then we definitely need even more help at the Linebacker position.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2023, 08:38:12 am »

If we lose Van Ginkel to free agency as well, then we definitely need even more help at the Linebacker position.

Yeah, we're still thin at that position and any injury will derail us. I don't know if we will be making any big splashes at that position though. New DC plus Jalen Ramsey plus returns of injured players makes me think we may not use what's left of our financial resources on top end LB's. No one wants a weak spot but money and draft picks aren't infinite.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2023, 12:12:11 pm »

Since Gesicki signed with New England I’m guessing it’s only a matter of time until they sign Van Ginkel. I guess we are hoping for a lot out of last years draft pick who never got to play.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray