Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:31:21 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Mount Rushmore - Tight Ends
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mount Rushmore - Tight Ends  (Read 1067 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: February 28, 2023, 12:20:11 pm »

Larry Seiple
Keith Jackson
Jed Weaver
Mike Gesicki

I won't put McMike on here.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2023, 01:16:56 pm »

Randy McMichael
Jim Mandich
Keith Jackson
Mike Gesicki

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 02:11:15 pm »

Like receivers, I think the top two here are easy:

Randy McMichael
Keith Jackson

For the remaining two, I'm going with Charles Clay and Anthony Fasano.  MIA wasted a lot of Clay's potential playing him as a FB, but once they moved him to TE, he was playing quite well.  Fasano may not have had the receiving statistics, but he brought a lot to a rebuilding franchise, and he was one of the pillars of that team.

Sorry, but I can't put Gesicki on here.  He was a 2nd round pick with high expectations, and mostly I just felt disappointed in his inconsistent and unreliable play.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2023, 03:16:44 pm »

I will second Spider’s.

I really liked Clay.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 04:48:52 pm »

Jim Mandich is actually pretty easy. Although he doesn't have the modern era stats he is looked very highly upon by many of the great Dolphin players of the past. It's hard to translate old stats to the pass happy of current days but Mandich was really good and served as TE during both Super Bowl wins.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2023, 06:41:19 pm »

I didn't see Mandich play, but I am highly skeptical of his time on the Dolphins because I know he had a huge radio presence in South Florida.  So I feel a need to negatively correct the perception of his career for all the positive feelings Dolphin fans have for him behind the mic.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2023, 07:59:19 pm »

I didn't see Mandich play, but I am highly skeptical of his time on the Dolphins because I know he had a huge radio presence in South Florida.  So I feel a need to negatively correct the perception of his career for all the positive feelings Dolphin fans have for him behind the mic.

Ok so..forgive someone who isn’t from the area who was the “Aalright Miami” guy? Your post made me think of that and I can’t remember. I think I listened to some broadcasts back when NFL.com had free radio streams for all the teams but maybe I just remember that guy from clips.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2023, 08:12:47 pm »

It's literally Mandich.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2023, 08:23:17 pm »

It's literally Mandich.

Thanks yeah I couldn’t remember
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2023, 03:32:12 am »

Keith Jackson
Randy McMichael
Jim Mandich
Ferrell Edmunds

To me the first three are locks. For the last spot, the decision for me was between Edmunds, Fasano and Clay, the former getting the nod.

Mike Gesicki definitely had potential to jump these based on his form up until the beginning of last year, but what happened last season combined with his likely departure has zapped that.

Ps. No love for Bruce Hardy here? He was voted as a starting TE for the 25th anniversary team.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2023, 03:57:29 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
FinFanCR

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2023, 11:03:44 am »

Keith Jackson (big mistake throwing money at Eric Green and getting rid of him)
Ferrell Edmunds (he was good but Keith Jackson was amazing)
Jim "Maddog" Mandich (AWWWW RIGHT MIAMI!!!)
Randy Mac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray