Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:19:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2023 Rule Changes Considered
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: 2023 Rule Changes Considered  (Read 2883 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2023, 06:55:14 pm »

I see several problems with the Thursday flex.

Fans.  It is bad enough to have a buy a ticket to a game you planned to attend at 1:00 and be heading home by 8 pm be switched to night game in which you get home at 3 am.   But the risk that a game I bought a ticket for a Sunday game getting move to Thursday means I will NEVER buy a ticket to a game.  Even worse for fans who fly to games. 

Time fairness.  When the NFL schedules Thursday games they typically schedule it so that the visiting team had a home game the week before having a road game and the visiting team having a home game.  Each team has a short week and exactly one flight - in once got get home in the other to get to the game.  For example if say week 2 (yeah, I know they won't be flexing that early) Dolphins at NE - Dolphin's would fly twice and NE would fly zero. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2023, 08:53:54 am »

it's to prevent the situation where we had the crap broncos on national TV about 6 times last year
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2023, 10:26:16 am »

it's to prevent the situation where we had the crap broncos on national TV about 6 times last year

The solution to this would be to stop having terrible Thursday Night games that cause injuries. This isn't baseball, guys can't play on 3 days rest without suffering a physical toll.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2023, 05:38:37 pm »

The solution to this would be to stop having terrible Thursday Night games that cause injuries. This isn't baseball, guys can't play on 3 days rest without suffering a physical toll.
Supposedly statistics do not back that up and that's why the owners and union agreed to it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2023, 08:54:50 am »

Supposedly statistics do not back that up and that's why the owners and union agreed to it.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2023, 09:47:16 am »

I'm just wondering what problem it's addressing?
Tackling the qb. They want it to happen less. I’m just finding out about this rule. Somehow I completely missed it. Taking the read option out seems like it will affect a lot of QBs negatively and we are already hurting for good qb play.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray