Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:58:38 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Switching Political Parties
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Switching Political Parties  (Read 1026 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 03, 2023, 03:05:04 pm »

All over social media, especially TikTok, people are hyping up these studies about masks not working, lockdowns not working, children being negatively affected by school closures, and talking like they were oppressed by slavery.

I mean, if children were negatively affected by school closings, how come we still do winter vacations?  Or Summer vacations?

That Cochrane mask study was easily debunked.  Plenty of other studies show they are effective, to say nothing of how they nearly wiped out flu season.

The vaccines, I'm still not decided on.

However, I worked on the frontlines of this pandemic.  Many people got to stay home and get paid to do it during the pandemic.  I wish I could have been one of those people.  Before the vaccines, I put my life on the line every day.  To hear people denigrate that, and disrespect people who tried to keep people safe infuriates me.

I voted a straight Republican ticket.  However, I've been rubbing it in on social media about the lack of a red wave,

However, everything else about the Democratic party is horrible.

Is it a good idea to switch from Republican to Democrat based on one issue and simply because I want to rub it in their faces after they made utter fools of themselves in the midterms.

Just to give you an idea:

in 2018, the Democrats gained 41 house seats.

The Republicans gained 9 in 2022

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 03:27:02 pm »

Please, Dear Lord, please poke both of my eyes out with plastic sporks, so that I may not ever be tempted to read another D4L post...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2023, 03:35:45 pm »

Please, Dear Lord, please poke both of my eyes out with plastic sporks, so that I may not ever be tempted to read another D4L post...

Metal ones work much more effectively for that purpose.   Don't ask me how I know this information.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2023, 04:31:34 pm »

Your political party doesn't mean you have to vote for the party selected.  You are pretty clearly a Republican, but you're also a weirdo who seems to have an unhealthy COVID obsession so I don't know how that single issue affects your voting.

But if you're a conservative, you should probably stick with being a registered Republican and vote in the primary for candidates that are taking your political party in the direction you want it to go.

As for getting your politics on TikTok, don't.
As for rubbing politics in people's faces, also don't.  This isn't sports teams.  Do what you think is best for the country and focus on what is best for everyone over being on the winning side.

I drink your milkshake!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 09:36:41 pm »

Vote democrat and stop voting against your own self interest Wink
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 12:03:11 pm »

You're pretty obviously a victim of "the algorithms" - you're seeing things put into your face that some computer software thinks you want to see, and so you see "things all over tiktok" and think that is reality.

But, its not.  Far from it.

I recommend you branch out and get your information from a more diverse array of sources, other than social media...
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2023, 03:22:43 pm »

It is like Dunning Kruger on bad acid.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2023, 03:37:59 pm »

Many people got to stay home and get paid to do it during the pandemic.
I'm curious what you mean by this. Most of the people that I know that stayed home and continued to get paid continue to perform their job. I know I did. I'm pretty sure that's true for the majority of people. I know my daughter was layed off because of the pandemic and she got to stay home, but she was out of a job. I sure as heck don't know much about what all went on, but I'm not aware of anyone being paid to do nothing, they got paid to do their jobs from home. Are you suggesting otherwise?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2023, 03:46:44 pm »

I'm curious what you mean by this. Most of the people that I know that stayed home and continued to get paid continue to perform their job. I know I did. I'm pretty sure that's true for the majority of people. I know my daughter was layed off because of the pandemic and she got to stay home, but she was out of a job. I sure as heck don't know much about what all went on, but I'm not aware of anyone being paid to do nothing, they got paid to do their jobs from home. Are you suggesting otherwise?

Maybe it was just in my state that it happened, but people who were furloughed got unemployment and made more from the unemployment than they made while they were working.

My experience was

I had increased hours at my healthcare job because we were the only clean site for routine bloodwork, and were swamped with patients.  Plus, I was the closer, and I had to spend extra time each day wiping everything down.

The supermarket increased our pay by $2 an hour for the bulk of the pandemic. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2023, 03:53:31 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2023, 02:19:32 pm »

Maybe it was just in my state that it happened, but people who were furloughed got unemployment and made more from the unemployment than they made while they were working.
Well that's certainly possible, but unemployment doesn't last forever and have you ever tried to live off unemployment? Not a very positive situation for most people.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 02:21:21 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray