Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:41:56 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Poll: Most Americans see "woke" as a positive
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Poll: Most Americans see "woke" as a positive  (Read 2461 times)
DenverFinFan
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2023, 07:24:11 pm »

Who is they? I can say those things now whenever and wherever I want with absolutely 100% zero consequences. Hell, anyone can, that's precisely what free speech is. Exactly what consequences are you talking about?

Deplatforming, boycotts, “cancellation” in other words.

Sure you  have the legal right to say those things but I bet you wouldn’t say them in Harlem or The Castro.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2023, 07:46:52 pm »

Deplatforming, boycotts, “cancellation” in other words.
Everyday nobodies don't have to worry about such things. In other words 95% of the population

Sure you  have the legal right to say those things but I bet you wouldn’t say them in Harlem or The Castro.
I would never travel to either one of those shitholes, so your point is moot. But why would you say someone wouldn't exercise their constitutionally guaranteed 1st amendment right in those locations?

DenverFinFan
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2023, 07:55:06 pm »

Everyday nobodies don't have to worry about such things. In other words 95% of the population
I would never travel to either one of those shitholes, so your point is moot. But why would you say someone wouldn't exercise their constitutionally guaranteed 1st amendment right in those locations?

You can lose your job if you get caught posting such things on socials media even if you’re a “nobody”. It’s why antifa doxing campaigns against neo-Nazis were affect. Sure you can be a neo Nazi by law you can spout it as much as you want but it can have
consequences.

Because they’d get their asses kicked and rightly so. You can drive thru little Havana shouting “Viva Fidel” but there might be some consequences of doing so.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2023, 08:04:04 pm »

The whole "you wouldn't say it to their face" stuff lost a lot of its punch when we had swastika-flying Nazis in the streets of Charlottesville carrying torches and screaming "Jews will not replace us!"  The Proud Boys have made saying it to their faces practically a rite of initiation. 

Today's Republicans will literally invade the seat of our government and scream this stuff at the Capitol Police (who are taking selfies with them).  You are operating under yesterday's rules.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2023, 08:07:13 pm »

The whole "you wouldn't say it to their face" stuff lost a lot of its punch when we had swastika-flying Nazis in the streets of Charlottesville carrying torches and screaming "Jews will not replace us!"  The Proud Boys have made saying it to their faces practically a rite of initiation.  

Today's Republicans will literally invade the seat of our government and scream this stuff at the Capitol Police (who are taking selfies with them).  You are operating under yesterday's rules.
Armed gangs doing it is different than one or two guys going to the hood and screaming the n-word at passersby which is the only point I was making.

It’s not like the proudboys we’re going to Watts either
« Last Edit: March 09, 2023, 08:11:33 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2023, 08:12:56 pm »

Who is they? I can say those things now whenever and wherever I want with absolutely 100% zero consequences.
The whole point of the whining about "cancel culture", and the associated complaints about the death of free speech, is entirely about the (economic and/or social) consequences that some people are suffering as a result of making unpopular statements.

And yeah, there are plenty of people who can say racist and/or homophobic things with no consequences; many of them work in conservative media and are even incentivized to do so!  But we aren't talking about the people who say unpopular things and get away with it; we are talking about the people who DON'T get away with it, which has been causing a bunch of people on the right to lament the spread of "cancel culture."

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2023, 08:26:49 pm »

You can lose your job if you get caught posting such things on socials media even if you’re a “nobody”. It’s why antifa doxing campaigns against neo-Nazis were affect. Sure you can be a neo Nazi by law you can spout it as much as you want but it can have
consequences.
350 million people in the US. Let me know when all the racists and homophobes get fired. I'm sure you can find a couple hundred examples. Even a couple thousand is miniscule. But yeah, that's not really a thing anyone worries about. Next.......

Because they’d get their asses kicked and rightly so. You can drive thru little Havana shouting “Viva Fidel” but there might be some consequences of doing so
Like the kiddies say these days, "fuck around and find out". For example, 85% of the time I CCW. 100% of the time I have a 3.5 inch blade.

Therefore, if hypothetically, someone wanted to physically assault a someone like me because they don't like my opinions or vernacular. The options are:

At best, you're going to jail and you're more than likely injured.

At worst, I would do everything in my power to put lead center mass, or put a blade through their throat, or attempt to beat them with my fists until they are no longer a threat. I may win, I may lose, but when someone initiates physical violence it's kill or be killed.

And if they're willing to risk all that because their feelings are hurt and they can't control their emotions, they deserve what they get. You can't have unstable people walking around attacking people, that's clown world shit.

Freedom of speech and self defense are legal rights. Assault and/or battery isn't. The very fact that you condone violence says a hell of a lot about you and the political spectrum you support. You just confirmed what I already knew.....
they’d get their asses kicked and rightly so.

DenverFinFan
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2023, 08:31:04 pm »

350 million people in the US. Let me know when all the racists and homophobes get fired. I'm sure you can find a couple hundred examples. Even a couple thousand is miniscule. But yeah, that's not really a thing anyone worries about. Next.......
Like the kiddies say these days, "fuck around and find out". For example, 85% of the time I CCW. 100% of the time I have a 3.5 inch blade.

Therefore, if hypothetically, someone wanted to physically assault a someone like me because they don't like my opinions or vernacular. The options are:

At best, you're going to jail and you're more than likely injured.

At worst, I would do everything in my power to put lead center mass, or put a blade through their throat, or attempt to beat them with my fists until they are no longer a threat. I may win, I may lose, but when someone initiates physical violence it's kill or be killed.

And if they're willing to risk all that because their feelings are hurt and they can't control their emotions, they deserve what they get. You can't have unstable people walking around attacking people, that's clown world shit.

Freedom of speech and self defense are legal rights. Assault and/or battery isn't. The very fact that you condone violence says a hell of a lot about you and the political spectrum you support. You just confirmed what I already knew.....

Clown world shit is thinking you’d make it out of the hood alive after spouting off your dumb “opinions” there. Typical right wing tough guy talk, heads up you’re not the only side armed anymore. Stay in your shit hole meth infested rural areas or we’ll run you out of town like we did over and over during Mango Mussolini’s presidency.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2023, 08:43:38 pm »

The whole point of the whining about "cancel culture", and the associated complaints about the death of free speech, is entirely about the (economic and/or social) consequences that some people are suffering as a result of making unpopular statements.

And yeah, there are plenty of people who can say racist and/or homophobic things with no consequences; many of them work in conservative media and are even incentivized to do so!  But we aren't talking about the people who say unpopular things and get away with it; we are talking about the people who DON'T get away with it, which has been causing a bunch of people on the right to lament the spread of "cancel culture."
Well, see that's the rub. I don't usually agree with D4L, but on this point he's correct. Currently everything is considered racist or offensive and the list keeps growing. As noted earlier, the word female is offensive. The perfectly valid word retard is offensive. Hell, I read an article saying that 2+2=4 is racist. And on, and on, and on....

At one point I was getting tired of all this "woke" nonsense. But hell no, keep this shit going. There will be blowback eventually. Like I said, the further and more extreme the pendulum swings one way. The further it's going to swing the other way when it eventually happens. So go ahead, cancel everything. It doesn't affect me and I have no control over it. Therefore, I don't care. I'm just stuck in clown world watching the show. Just keep you hands to yourself and everything will be fabulous

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2023, 08:53:59 pm »

Clown world shit is thinking you’d make it out of the hood alive after spouting off your dumb “opinions” there. Typical right wing tough guy talk, heads up you’re not the only side armed anymore. Stay in your shit hole meth infested rural areas or we’ll run you out of town like we did over and over during Mango Mussolini’s presidency.
Sir, you should calm down, your kotex is leaking estrogen. Also, I don't go to the "hood". Why would anyone go to the "hood" if they don't live in the "hood"?

And if you think defending yourself from being attacked is tough guy stuff, you ain't too smart. So not only are you condoning  criminals physically attacking people. You're condoing criminals using sidearms against their victims if the victims try to defend themselves. Yeah buddy, you sound logical and psychologically stable.

Let me ask you a question. Hypothetically, if you said something that offended someone. And they attacked you. Exactly what the fuck would you do?

DenverFinFan
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2023, 08:58:49 pm »

Sir, you should calm down, your kotex is leaking estrogen. Also, I don't go to the "hood". Why would anyone go to the "hood" if they don't live in the "hood"?

And if you think defending yourself from being attacked is tough guy stuff, you ain't too smart. So not only are you condoning  criminals physically attacking people. You're condoing criminals using sidearms against their victims if the victims try to defend themselves. Yeah buddy, you sound logical and psychologically stable.

Let me ask you a question. Hypothetically, if you said something that offended someone. And they attacked you. Exactly what the fuck would you do?

Where’s the ignore button? I don’t talk to terrorists.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2023, 09:02:34 pm »

I know i'm a little late to the party but i reported him to dave. This is just race baiting threatening bull shit. The guy is clearly screwed in the head.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2023, 09:03:57 pm »

I know i'm a little late to the party but i reported him to dave. This is just race baiting threatening bull shit. The guy is clearly screwed in the head.

Lol oh no Sad so much for freeze peach
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2023, 09:05:45 pm »

Where’s the ignore button? I don’t talk to terrorists.
Now I'm a terrorist? Got damn, I can't stop laughing. I just spit my drink all over my monitors. Damn kid, you're so silly...

If I may ask, what did I say that was "race baiting"? Damn, you guy have become such a sensitive bunch around here

DenverFinFan
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2023, 09:08:38 pm »

Now I'm a terrorist? Got damn, I can't stop laughing. I just spit my drink all over my monitors. Damn kid, you're so silly...
If I may ask, what did I say that was "race baiting"? Damn, you guy have become such a sensitive bunch around here

He meant he reported me dude lol see you conservatives shouldn’t be allowed to have any kind of power with that level of comprehension.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray