Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:10:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Rodgers Could Be a Jet By the Weekend
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Rodgers Could Be a Jet By the Weekend  (Read 2089 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: March 09, 2023, 08:38:17 am »

Talks are going very well and the local media is buzzing that a deal is very close. It's not so much about trade compensation, it's more of will Aaron want to go to New York. Him and obnoxious media are a terrible blend. Plus, the AFC East is probably the toughest division in the NFL with the AFC being the much tougher conference. No free lunches if he decides to become a Jet, this ain't the NFC South.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 12:28:20 am »

Rodgers can get annoyed with the media in Green Bay, I can't imagine him facing the vultures in NYC.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 09:04:07 am »

I have little fear of Rodgers in New York. His head is already in the clouds and hates authority. The pressure there will destroy him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2023, 09:47:48 am »

I have little fear of Rodgers in New York. His head is already in the clouds and hates authority. The pressure there will destroy him.

I agree but there is still his ability to worry about. He may pull a Fvare and suck or he might pull a Favre in Minnesota and be the best in the league. It's risky. Unless the Jets are giving up 9 draft picks, I would rather he go elsewhere.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2023, 03:00:54 pm »

The Raiders just signed Jimmy G for 3 years, that was Aaron's other realistic destination.

So now, return to Green Bay, go to the Jets or retire.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2023, 03:50:55 pm »

Trey Wingo says that Rodgers to the Jets is a done deal. So, let the fun begin.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 08:27:58 am »

Trey Wingo says that Rodgers to the Jets is a done deal. So, let the fun begin.
Green Bay has basically told him to find a new home and the Jets are the only team calling. It would be hard for him to stay in GB now.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 12:43:00 pm »

Green Bay has basically told him to find a new home and the Jets are the only team calling. It would be hard for him to stay in GB now.

He's holding up both teams in free agency by not deciding and that's hurting the Jets. Not so much the Packers because without Rodgers they are a Top 5 draft pick team.

Thing is, he can return to the Packers and there is nothing they can do about it. I still think he will be a Jet, but this is Aaron Rodgers. Retirement is not off the table.
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 04:55:29 pm »

If Rodgers does go to the Jets, who would the fans blame for the departure? What caused this rift between Rodgers and the packers? I don't think anyone was more loyal to their team and fans then rodgers.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 05:56:50 pm »

This is awesome  Roll Eyes

Mahomes and Rodgers TWICE?  The two NFL golden boys?

Then again, Miami got the calls against GB this year, so maybe they'll get them when he plays against them as a Jet

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 05:59:39 pm »

Rodgers has apparently given the Jets a list of free agents that he wants that includes Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Marcedes Lewis, and Odell Beckham.

Well, the Jets just signed Lazard and Cobb should come cheap as well. Odell is living in that Lamar Jackson fantasy land though because he recently said he wanted to be paid $20 Million a year. I'm sure Rodgers would understand if the Jets don't do that. The rest are Packers and jjst guys that Rodgers likes, so it should be done quickly and cheaply.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 06:03:35 pm »

If Rodgers does go to the Jets, who would the fans blame for the departure? What caused this rift between Rodgers and the packers? I don't think anyone was more loyal to their team and fans then rodgers.

This is 100% on management. They never built a quality team around him and when they were 1 win away from the Superbowl, they spent their 1st rounder on Jordan Love instead of a WR. It was dumb then and it's dumb now since that is the cause of the rift.

Dark times ahead for Green Bay unless they become draft wizards overnight. They're going to be forced to pick up Love's 5th year option before he even completes 51 passes for his career. Their whole future rests on the guy now.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 08:29:49 pm »

I just heard something that said the Packers may actually be holding the deal up. Because they know the Jets are desperate, so they want to squeeze everything they can out of them. I mean, we got White. So unless they are going to roll with Wilson, what other options do they have?

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2023, 10:26:29 pm »

It seems to me that GB can still play WSH or IND against NYJ at the negotiating table, whereas NYJ is already signing Rodgers' receivers.

Put the screws to 'em!  I'd like to see GB receive 3 or 4 firsts.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023, 10:33:18 pm »

It seems to me that GB can still play WSH or IND against NYJ at the negotiating table, whereas NYJ is already signing Rodgers' receivers.

Put the screws to 'em!  I'd like to see GB receive 3 or 4 firsts.
Besides a few reports I haven't been keeping up on it too much. Have either of those teams showed any interest in Rodgers?

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray