Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:53:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Gross foods
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Gross foods  (Read 845 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: March 10, 2023, 10:27:58 am »

I a not a picky eater.  I will pretty much try anything and I do.  Even things I don't like, I'll keep tasting.

There's one thing that I just can't get past - liver.

It's a texture thing, I guess.  The same goes for any kind of organ meat -- sweetbreads, heart, etc.  Gross.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2023, 10:39:19 am »

^^^ I am fine with livers, kidneys, hearts, etc... As a matter of fact, when I was a kid, my brothers and I would fight over the livers and gizzards when mom would make fried chicken.

The area of foods I just can't eat...are green beans, lima beans, wax beans, etc... 100% disgusting.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 10:49:28 am »

Beans are something that I know people don't like, but I just love.  I love a good bean soup.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2023, 10:54:24 am »

Beans are something that I know people don't like, but I just love.  I love a good bean soup.

Don't get me wrong, I love pinto beans, black beans, refried beans, my sister even makes a yummy bean soup that I love. I just hate the green bean-Lima bean-wax bean types. To me, they smell like cat urine.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 10:57:46 am »

Watermelon. I don't like the taste/smell of watermelon .. it tastes like i'm eating flowers straight up.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 11:54:50 am »

I know a few people that don't like cilantro. They say it tastes like soap, but I love it. I read an article a few years ago that said something about certain people having a genetic anomaly that makes cilantro tastes like soap.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 12:59:29 pm »

I know a few people that don't like cilantro. They say it tastes like soap, but I love it. I read an article a few years ago that said something about certain people having a genetic anomaly that makes cilantro tastes like soap.

Yes, this is true.  I love cilantro, but I do have some "soap" friends.

There's something similar with asparagus where there's an enzyme some people have that make your pee stink (I have it).  There's also one that makes you able to smell the stink in other people's pee (I also have it).

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2023, 02:14:05 pm »

Dave brought up mine. I can't stand asparagus. Another is mushrooms. If they are cooked into a sauce I can handle it but I don't like them generally.
SlothVomit

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2023, 04:11:27 pm »

I'm one of them "soap people".
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2023, 04:26:18 pm »

I literally cannot swallow any vegetable except corn and peas, which technically may not be vegetables.  The rest taste too vile for me

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2023, 01:05:48 pm »

Calamari, Rocky Mountain Oysters, Brussel Sprouts, Pork Rinds.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2023, 09:55:31 am »

I legitimately feel sorry for people who hate vegetables.  Honestly, I feel bad for you.

To me, they're so delicious and I can also kinda feel how good they are for my body.  But I love the taste.  I love asparagus.  It's my favorite veggie.

I also love brussel sprouts and cabbage and broccoli and all of it.

But beans are another one.  I have some friends who hate beans because of texture, mostly.  I feel bad for them, because beans are such a delicious and easy source of protein.  I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have those things available to my diet.

I regret that I find organ meats gross.  And I'm trying to fix it, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.  I don't really have to avoid them because they're so rare and they aren't something that I'm missing in terms of nutrients.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2023, 10:54:24 am »

I legitimately feel sorry for people who hate vegetables.  Honestly, I feel bad for you.

To me, they're so delicious and I can also kinda feel how good they are for my body.  But I love the taste.  I love asparagus.  It's my favorite veggie.

I also love brussel sprouts and cabbage and broccoli and all of it.

But beans are another one.  I have some friends who hate beans because of texture, mostly.  I feel bad for them, because beans are such a delicious and easy source of protein.  I wouldn't know what I would do if I didn't have those things available to my diet.

I regret that I find organ meats gross.  And I'm trying to fix it, but at the end of the day, it doesn't really matter.  I don't really have to avoid them because they're so rare and they aren't something that I'm missing in terms of nutrients.
I like vegetables up to a point. I like country food, but I don't like country food type vegetables like butter beans, black eyed peas, turnip greens, etc. But I do like most other vegetables like broccoli, green beans, spinach, cauliflower, etc.

Being on keto I have to include a lot of vegetables. Daily it's usually a full bag of steamable broccoli or riced cauliflower which equals 3-4 servings and then a big mixed salad with dinner which is usually another 3-4 servings. It's not hard to fit vegetables in your diet if you half way try.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray