Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:03:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  401ks
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 401ks  (Read 879 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: March 21, 2023, 01:15:19 pm »

Do you guys have them?

If you have one, I don't see how you can POSSIBLY support Joe Biden.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 04:45:41 pm »

Yes and no I do not. BTW .. we are having to subsidize our income off of our 401ks and are being penalized and taxed to do so at about 35%. It's ridiculous to me that it cost me so much money to use my money for emergencies that are created by our government. It would almost be better to go into foreclosure than to keep my head above water until things get better.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2023, 07:25:46 pm »

until things get better.
That could be a very long time. We have a limited amount strategies to actually fix the problem. This administration is hopelessly inadequate.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2023, 07:39:42 pm »

I was right.  Biden was going after everybody's hard earned money.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 08:49:10 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 08:12:53 am »

That could be a very long time. We have a limited amount strategies to actually fix the problem. This administration is hopelessly inadequate.
That's my biggest fear right now. Spending our retirement to only end up in dire straights anyway. At least we have Social Security right?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2023, 08:33:17 am »

At least we have Social Security right?

Not if house republicans get their way

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2023, 09:34:35 am »

That's my biggest fear right now. Spending our retirement to only end up in dire straights anyway. At least we have Social Security right?
CF, relying on SS is not a good plan for your future enjoyment of life.

Actually, they should give people that haven't started drawing SS the option the cash out what they've paid in with interest. I would happily forgo SS payments for the rest of my life after retirement if they would cash out what I've paid in plus interest. I can make more on my own than a bankrupt government entity that lacks basic financial literacy.

Hell, I'm already retired at 50. Think of all the people like me that would take that offer. Then you add the fact that many people have collected far more in benefits than they paid in originally. A choice like that could actually make SS more sustainable over time with less people being forced to drain the system. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2023, 10:05:53 am »

Please explain this.

I'll save you some time.  THERE IS NO EXPLANATION!!

The libs on this board have tried to feed me lies about how I'm voting against my own interests by supporting the GOP.

It's all a boldfaced, outright, lie.

Everything I have ever said about this has been correct.  The Democratic party is all about taking money from the working class and mistreating them.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 02:23:52 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2023, 06:03:16 pm »

CF, relying on SS is not a good plan for your future enjoyment of life.
Tongue was planted firmly in cheek. LOL Right now I'm more into selling a kidney or something so I can retire. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2023, 06:05:35 pm »

I'm into not having kids so I can retire someday, too

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2023, 08:07:31 pm »

Tongue was planted firmly in cheek. LOL Right now I'm more into selling a kidney or something so I can retire. 
It's not all it's cracked up to be. I thought it would be different, but it's not. I'm thinking that I'll eventually go up to Lowes and get a job mixing paint. Something with little to no responsibility, so that 6 months later when I get fed up, I can just say F it and just clock out leave. Never to return lmao.

I do notice that the months go by like weeks, weeks go by like days, days go by like hours, and hours go by like minutes. I know that's a byproduct of getting older. But being retired has accelerated it a good bit, lol

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2023, 08:26:57 pm »

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I thought it would be different, but it's not. I'm thinking that I'll eventually go up to Lowes and get a job mixing paint. Something with little to no responsibility, so that 6 months later when I get fed up, I can just say F it and just clock out leave. Never to return lmao.

I do notice that the months go by like weeks, weeks go by like days, days go by like hours, and hours go by like minutes. I know that's a byproduct of getting older. But being retired has accelerated it a good bit, lol

Watch the show Community.  Be like Pierce and go back to school for fun.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2023, 09:12:37 pm »

Actually, they should give people that haven't started drawing SS the option the cash out what they've paid in with interest.
This would only make sense if we simultaneously eliminated all safety net programs (which I imagine you're in favor of anyway).  Otherwise, lots of people would "withdraw" their SS accounts and then look to welfare & food stamps if/when they ran out of money.  

We've already tried a version of America where we don't have Social Security or Medicare.  Suffice it to say that in practice, it was less of rugged individualism and more of destitute elderly people starving on the streets.

A choice like that could actually make SS more sustainable over time with less people being forced to drain the system.
No one is "forced" to drain the system.  You have to voluntarily apply for SS benefits.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2023, 10:45:23 pm »

This would only make sense if we simultaneously eliminated all safety net programs (which I imagine you're in favor of anyway).  Otherwise, lots of people would "withdraw" their SS accounts and then look to welfare & food stamps if/when they ran out of money.  

We've already tried a version of America where we don't have Social Security or Medicare.  Suffice it to say that in practice, it was less of rugged individualism and more of destitute elderly people starving on the streets.
That's called being an adult and being responsible for you own choices. Choices have consequences and bad choices have bad consequences. But then again the left doesn't believe in individual responsibility, so your comment was fully expected.

No one is "forced" to drain the system.  You have to voluntarily apply for SS benefits.
Yes, if you want YOUR money back, you are forced to drain it from the failing SS system. Which in turn puts more stress on the system. Which in turn will eventually make it insolvent. Then nobody gets anything.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2023, 11:26:55 am »

Do you have a 401k? 

Do you hope to retire?

How do you intend to do this when the Democrats continue to take your money and give it to people who are already effectively retired off the taxpayers?   

When the money runs out, who do you think they will go after to keep helping the people who don’t work?   That’s right, they will go after our 401ks. 

Then again, you don’t mind your hard earned money going to people who can work but choose not to.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray