Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:15:19 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Lamar Jackson trade request starts drama for new Dolphins player
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Lamar Jackson trade request starts drama for new Dolphins player  (Read 922 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: March 27, 2023, 03:20:19 pm »

This guy is dumb and will likely make some other big dumb mistake before it's over. Even if he felt that way I would think he'd be smart enough to keep his mouth shut ... or fingers off the "post" button in this case.

DeShon Elliott hasn't even been with the Dolphins for two weeks and he might already be the least popular player on the team.

The safety saw his popularity crash with Dolphins fans on Monday after he tried to recruit Lamar Jackson to Miami. The Ravens quarterback surprised everyone around the NFL on Monday morning when he revealed on Twitter that he wants out of Baltimore.

Elliott responded to the news by telling Jackson to #ComeToTheDolphins.

As Elliott found out the hard way, Dolphins fans do NOT like when anyone tries to recruit any other quarterbacks to Miami. Dolphins fans are very sensitive about their quarterback situation and they ripped Elliott on Twitter for suggesting that someone besides Tua Tagovailoa should be the starting QB.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lamar-jackson-trade-request-starts-drama-for-dolphins-player-after-he-tries-to-recruit-the-qb-to-miami/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2023, 03:37:43 pm »

I don't care if Joe Flacco was our starter, you don't ever campaign for opposing team's players to replace your own. What an imbecile.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 10:01:04 am »

From Chris Perkins

"Relax, Dolphins fans. It ain’t gonna happen. Miami isn’t entering the Lamar Jackson Sweepstakes. Tua Tagovailoa will be the Dolphins’ quarterback for the 2023 season. Period.

We’ve been told the latter, which means the former is a given.

I believe the Dolphins.

I believe Tagovailoa, with good health, will be the Dolphins’ starting quarterback in 2023. I don’t think the Dolphins will pursue Baltimore’s Jackson, the hometown kid from Boynton Beach, the former league MVP — and the better quarterback.

Jackson said on social media Monday that he’s asked the Baltimore Ravens for a trade. Jackson has been offered the non-exclusive franchise tag by the Ravens, meaning he can negotiate with other teams. But don’t expect the Dolphins to jump into the fray.

The Dolphins are committed to Tua.

I was in the room and heard general manager Chris Grier say on Jan. 16 that Tagovailoa will be their starter for 2023. “We’ll go through our process,” Grier said, “but he is our starting quarterback and will be next season.”
"

Tua is the Qb next season.  The Dolphins would be FOOLS to entertain this idea of lamar QB. Yes, special player and talented, but he's too much money and the way he plays ball lends himself to injury. If you think Tua has been injured, wait till you get a load of Lamar

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 12:53:51 pm »

Tua is the Qb next season.  The Dolphins would be FOOLS to entertain this idea of lamar QB. Yes, special player and talented, but he's too much money and the way he plays ball lends himself to injury. If you think Tua has been injured, wait till you get a load of Lamar

I don't think anyone really believes that Tua won't be our starter in Week 1, that's just nonsense spouted by media types to get clicks and views.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2023, 02:18:38 pm »

I don't think anyone really believes that Tua won't be our starter in Week 1, that's just nonsense spouted by media types to get clicks and views.
I've often wondered how much of the stuff they spout is what they really believe or if it's just for clicks. Seems like much of it is completely made up.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 04:29:15 pm »

In all fairness to the media: this time, the clickbait wasn't their doing.
DeShon Elliott's tweet would have generated commotion regardless of any media shenanigans.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray