Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:33:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Bradley Chubb explains why Vic Fangio is one of his favorite coaches
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Bradley Chubb explains why Vic Fangio is one of his favorite coaches  (Read 709 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: April 26, 2023, 09:45:16 am »

Sounds like Fangio is a bit old school. I have to believe that on some level most high achieving athletes like being held accountable in order to get their best.

“Yeah, that’s one of my favorite coaches that I’ve been in a room with just because he expects so much out of his players, and he’s going to keep it straight up with you,” Chubb said. “If he calls a play and you didn’t execute, he’s going to ask you, ‘Why didn’t you execute? I put you in a position to execute. Why didn’t you?’ So in this high-paced game we play, that’s what you need. You just need that transparency. You need somebody to be on you a little bit to hold you to that standard that we hold ourselves to. That’s what he’s going to do and I’m excited about it.”

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2023/04/26/bradley-chubb-vic-fangio-favorite-coach-dolphins/

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 10:00:16 am »

Those coaches are good to have since professional athletes are usually just muscular children who were destined to play sports since they were 8 years old, so not a lot of maturity. I think our players will do very well under him.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 11:39:58 am »

Those coaches are good to have since professional athletes are usually just muscular children who were destined to play sports since they were 8 years old, so not a lot of maturity.
Given MIA's experience with their current and immediately prior head coaches, I'll have to disagree with you there.

Some players like different coaching personalities.  It's not a maturity thing.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2023, 02:15:45 pm »

Players are like employees in any organization, and coaches are like bosses in any organization; With some employees you need to treat them with kid gloves to get the best/most productivity out of them, and with other employees you have to be a hard ass to get the best out of them.  And sometimes you need to mix it up with how you interact with them.  A great coach or boss knows what method to use and when to use it, or to have assistants take the opposite tact.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray