Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:48:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Draft
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: The Draft  (Read 1873 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2023, 10:35:07 pm »

We drafted RB Devon Achane. Small guy but one of the fastest players in the whole draft. He can catch passes too so looks like we have a very solid RB group now.

Still, have to do something about RT.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2023, 10:59:43 pm »

Darnell Washington, the TE from Georgia, in round 2 would be great.  Functions in essence as an additional offensive lineman when lined up inline, and can also be a big target down the middle at 6 foot 7, 264 pounds.

I was right there with ya... Darnell was my favorite of this deep TE class. Pittsburgh just selected him in round 3 a few minutes ago.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2023, 03:10:02 am »

Not hugely surprised at CB as our first pick - and I nailed it that Porter Jr went to the Steelers first up on day 2!

Now that Rodgers is also in our division, the AFC has become an arms race of accumulating WR and CBs to cover them.

X and Ramsey are top notch, but who knows how long they will keep playing at that level? Depth there is always handy... although it is also a sign that Noah can perhaps stamp his papers. After doing this I'd be very surprised if we bother with his option.  
« Last Edit: May 11, 2023, 11:17:15 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2023, 06:46:50 am »

Not hugely surprised at CB as our first pick - and I nailed it that Porter Jr went to the Steelers first up!

Now that Rodgers is also in our division, the AFC has become an arms race of accumulating WR and CBs to cover them.

X and Ramsey are top notch, but who knows how long they will keep playing at that level? Depth there is always handy... although it is also a sign that Noah can perhaps stamp his papers. After doing this I'd be very surprised if we bother with his option.   

Oh, the options for Austin and Noah are going to be used as scrap paper for a child to color on. There is 0% chance either of them get picked up. Noah couldn't find the field last year after the whole roster went down and Jackson refused to play. They're both done after next season.
Denver

Email
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2023, 08:34:35 am »

Hey guys.

I was kind of perplexed with the first pick but it’s solid, he’s a good player with lots of potential and should be able to step in when X or Ramsey retire or a lose a step.

Achane is a great pick and we gotta be one of the fastest teams in history. We’re going to be very difficult to cover.

Considering so few picks I think we did great.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2023, 11:02:26 am »

Hey guys.

I was kind of perplexed with the first pick but it’s solid, he’s a good player with lots of potential and should be able to step in when X or Ramsey retire or a lose a step.

Achane is a great pick and we gotta be one of the fastest teams in history. We’re going to be very difficult to cover.

Considering so few picks I think we did great.

Yeah, talent wise I don't think we can complain about them, it's just a concern that we didn't address the O-Line in early free agency or the draft so far. It is by far our biggest weakness and having Jackson be our plan for RT from the start of the offseason would be very perplexing.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2023, 11:19:16 am »

This is really what our draft looks like so far:

Round 1: DE Bradley Chubb (trade from Broncos)
Round 1: Ross asking Brady to be his BFF (Forfeited)
Round 2: CB Cam Smith
Round 3: CB Jalen Ramsey (trade from Rams)
Round 3: RB Devon Achane
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2023, 05:08:17 pm »

Dolphins draft a CB? WTF??? Might as well have drafted another wide receiver as we don’t need any more of them either for this season.
Your wish is granted. I saw a quote from Grier that basically said TE and offensive line were not a concern. If you were expecting the Dolphins to draft them, you're going to be disappointed. And for those saying he's a TE, no he's a WR that can block. Not the same thing.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2023, 05:16:57 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Denver

Email
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2023, 04:09:40 pm »

Last picks seems a bit weird but with where it came at I’m not worried about it and overall I’m pretty satisfied with the draft especially with what we had.

We have a good CB in the near future and we have a RB who I think is going to play a nice little role in the offense as the season goes on.

Denver

Email
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2023, 04:11:42 pm »

Yeah, talent wise I don't think we can complain about them, it's just a concern that we didn't address the O-Line in early free agency or the draft so far. It is by far our biggest weakness and having Jackson be our plan for RT from the start of the offseason would be very perplexing.

Yeah line always seems like a problem every year. All I can hope is that they didn’t see anyone on the draft that would be better on the line.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2023, 08:59:26 am »

Joe Rose or someone on his show yesterday said that the Dolphins have had the least amount of picks over a 2 year history in the history of the NFL. We had 8 over two years. Either way some of these guys need to contribute and we do not have a great history of that.

For whatever reason we keep trying to make a receiver our TE. Not sure how it will work out this time but we've tried that several times now including last year's Tanner Conner who is faster.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2023, 09:56:53 am »

Joe Rose or someone on his show yesterday said that the Dolphins have had the least amount of picks over a 2 year history in the history of the NFL. We had 8 over two years. Either way some of these guys need to contribute and we do not have a great history of that.

For whatever reason we keep trying to make a receiver our TE. Not sure how it will work out this time but we've tried that several times now including last year's Tanner Conner who is faster.

We cashed them in for star players and of course had to forfeit one due to stupidity. I'm fine with that when building a contender but it catches up to you eventually so I feel like this is our last year doing it. Of course, we don't have a 3rd or 4th rounder next year either. 3rd was forfeited for tampering and the 4th was part of the Chubb trade.

Our window is now so I am fine with going all in and kinda throwing caution to the wind for the future cap issues.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2023, 08:52:45 pm »

FWIW, looks like McDaniel lobbied hard for Devon Achane. He loves his speed and thinks he can be used all over. Looks like he will be used a lot by us the next few years......until it's time for him to get paid and then we don't and no one else does because running backs don't get anything any more.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2023, 03:32:33 am »

The UDFA signings have already started.

Aubrey Miller looks a lively type at LB - it sounds like he had a great Senior Bowl, and he he manages to be part of a solution to one of our biggest pains in the ass I'm all for it.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray