Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 03:25:52 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Can we afford $50 million per year for Tua?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Can we afford $50 million per year for Tua?  (Read 831 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: April 27, 2023, 07:44:29 pm »

Our best option might be just franchising him every year.

That's probably what it would cost to do this.

This is nuts.  This is absolutely nuts.

NOBODY should be earning more than Mahomes.  Nobody.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2023, 12:20:47 am »

This is the downside of signing a 10 year $450M deal: by the time Mahomes gets to year 8, he won't even be in the top half of starting QBs' yearly salary.

Lamar and Hurts got paid this year.  Burrow, Herbert, and Tua are going to get paid next year, and at least one of them (possibly all three) will be making more than Lamar.  Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields will be up the year after that.  And then it'll be time for Dak to get his new contract...

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2023, 08:23:34 am »

Our best option might be just franchising him every year.

The exclusive tag is around $45 million. The non-exclusive tag is $32.4 million.

Franchising a player for a second year would 120% of their previous salary or whatever the new tags are worth, so a minimum of $54 million for the exclusive and $38.9 million for the non-exclusive.

Franchising a player 3 years in a row is even more expensive at 144% of the year 2 salary or 120% of the new tag value, so a minimum of $77.8 million for the exclusive tag and $56 million for the non-exclusive tag. (Year 4 continues this 144% trend.)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2023, 08:46:42 am »

We discussed this before, it basically comes down to Taking a chance Tua gets hurt or regresses but pay him say $40 Million a year or have the certainty that he is the franchise QB before paying him $50 Million a year. We got 2 years to decide now.
kidDyn0mite

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2023, 03:43:32 pm »

he won't make it long enough to find out
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2023, 12:23:00 pm »

he won't make it long enough to find out

+1

My prediction is he gets concussed by the 6th week and Miami signs Brady for $15M to lead them to a Super Bowl win.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 04:45:24 pm »

+1

My prediction is he gets concussed by the 6th week and Miami signs Brady for $15M to lead them to a Super Bowl win.

I love Tua and don't think he's going to get concussed again, but I wouldn't be shocked if the team kind of told Brady to stay in shape "just in case".
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray