Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  NHL Post Season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NHL Post Season  (Read 1595 times)
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« on: April 29, 2023, 07:44:56 am »

Surprised nobody made a post on this since the Panthers are in the playoffs. They are certainly taking the bruins to task.

How many are you watching the series or the playoffs in general.

Trying to watch the Maple Leafs, they are up 3-2 but i have seen this movie before and the ending sucks. Being up 3-1 then losing Game 5 shouldn't worry most fans but for us it could be the beginnings of another disappointing season.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 01:03:30 pm »

I'm a Rangers fan. We are coached poorly and underperform every year so it's hard to even care. Bad managerial hires for a long time now, just generic coaches who won't rock the boat and the performance shows. Tonight should be the end of their season.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2023, 01:14:55 pm »

Isles fan. Our season just ended.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2023, 01:42:29 pm »

I watched the last game and it was quite exciting.  I am not a year-round hockey fan, but I understand the sport, used to play it, and love a good bandwagon.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2023, 02:37:19 pm »

I think everyone outside of New England is a Panthers fan right now. That's the beauty of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, you really can beat anyone using physical and mental toughness, no matter how talented the other team is. Bruins were the greatest regular season of all time and now they're going to Game 7 against a decent Panthers team.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2023, 01:10:58 pm »

^^^ The NHL is great that way. No one is shocked seeing a 1 seed go down.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2023, 01:20:01 pm »

^^^ The NHL is great that way. No one is shocked seeing a 1 seed go down.

The ever expanding playoffs make the regular season almost meaningless in the NBA and NHL.  NFL and MLB are trying to follow suit.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2023, 09:19:45 am »

The ever expanding playoffs make the regular season almost meaningless in the NBA and NHL.  NFL and MLB are trying to follow suit.

NHL has been 8 teams for a long time, they just keep switching divisions and formats, which I don't like. Patrick Divison forever.

You're 100% on the expanded playoffs dilluting things though, it's all about money. More playoff games = more playoff money. Not to mention, it creates a larger group of teams that "were in the race until the end" so they can justiofy not spending money to their fans.

Might as well be like Soccer and not have any playoffs, that way every game truly matters.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2023, 09:41:46 am »

Panthers win Game 1 against the Maple Leafs. Screw Canada.

Panthers have a good squad and all the heavy favorites have been eliminated, so it's really anyone's cup to take. With the Rangers shamefully eliminated, anyone can win as long as it's not the Devils or a Canadian team.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2023, 12:32:51 am »

I LOVE how underestimated the Panthers are this postseason.  Everyone sees "WC2" and they think, this team just barely snuck into the playoffs.  Keep overlooking them...

I truly consider the Panthers not dissimilar from the 2019 St. Louis Blues.  Worst first-half team in the league on new years day, but won the Cup.  Panthers are in a similar situation...  Just 3 points worse than the Leafs since New Years...  Had a really rough start to the season which cost them easy points to put them into the scratch-and-claw to make the playoffs.

Now that they're in, I'm thrilled to see the success.  Taking out the Bruins is something no one expected, and I hope the success continues.  It will be an exciting run, FOR SURE...
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2023, 09:48:49 pm »

Panthers win tonight
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2023, 09:02:41 am »

Panthers win tonight

Death to Canada!
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2023, 11:00:50 am »

It certainly was a disappointment of a season, the leafs finally reaching the second round for the first time in 19 years only to lose in 5 games. Had their been better refs in those games maybe they would have lost in 6.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 12:01:05 pm »

^ I am not super into hockey, so I don't want to come off like a poser, but I went to the Leafs subreddit and they are all losing their shit over that non-goal.

It seems to me that this is an open and shut no-goal.  They keep showing a picture of the puck over the line, but it's after the panther goalie stands up and it goes in.  That picture posted by the Facebook outlets is in bad faith.  They know it's after the whistle.

Sure, it's possible that at some point the puck crossed the line underneath all those pads, but there is no visual evidence that it was ever the case.  I don't understand the point that they're even making.  Are we to assume that the goal is scored when there's never a visual of a puck across the line during the play?

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2023, 11:05:12 am »

^ I am not super into hockey, so I don't want to come off like a poser, but I went to the Leafs subreddit and they are all losing their shit over that non-goal.

It seems to me that this is an open and shut no-goal.  They keep showing a picture of the puck over the line, but it's after the panther goalie stands up and it goes in.  That picture posted by the Facebook outlets is in bad faith.  They know it's after the whistle.

Sure, it's possible that at some point the puck crossed the line underneath all those pads, but there is no visual evidence that it was ever the case.  I don't understand the point that they're even making.  Are we to assume that the goal is scored when there's never a visual of a puck across the line during the play?
Its an obvious no-goal.  No goalie, in the history of hockey, is going to move or get up with a frozen puck unless they know the play is dead.  Whether there is an audible whistle or not, the rules state that the referee can (and did) stop the play.  I cannot, for the life of me, understand the perspective where someone thinks a former-Vezina-trophy winning goalie is going to move around and stand up on a frozen puck while it is still in play.  There is not one frame of video that shows the puck going in BEFORE he stood up.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray