Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:07:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  I Hate the NFL (Schedule Thread)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: I Hate the NFL (Schedule Thread)  (Read 1446 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: May 10, 2023, 11:08:01 am »

We will be traveling to Germany to take on the Chiefs on November 5th. Do not know if this will count as a home game or not.

We will also travel to face the Jets in a "Black Friday" game, taking place the day after Thanksgiving.

I hate these gimmick games and we are never given the proper time to rest or travel when we do them. I wouldn't be shocked if Germany is a home game and then we travel to Australia for Thursday Night Football.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 11:40:42 am »

The Dolphins caught something of a break, as that game against the Chiefs would otherwise be at Arrowhead.

And to be honest, I'd rather have MIA playing on a Friday than on a Thursday.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 12:37:23 pm »

The Dolphins caught something of a break, as that game against the Chiefs would otherwise be at Arrowhead.

And to be honest, I'd rather have MIA playing on a Friday than on a Thursday.

If that's a road game, then it makes it better. However, these foreign country games really add to the wear and tear of the season as it's around a 9 hour flight from Miami to Germany.

The Black Friday game will be a short week game, so it's important to know who and where we are playing the previous Sunday first. If it's at San Diego, that's going to kill us.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 12:44:31 pm »

The Black Friday game will be a short week game, so it's important to know who and where we are playing the previous Sunday first. If it's at San Diego, that's going to kill us.
Then I've got some good news for you!  Cheesy

In all seriousness, while it would be better for MIA to be at home that day, having a TNF game on a Friday instead of a Thursday is, again, catching a break.  As long as MIA doesn't have another Thursday night road game on the schedule, this is honestly as good an outcome as can be hoped for: the Dolphins' toughest road game gets moved to a neutral site, and their Thursday Night game is on a Friday.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 01:22:03 pm »

Thursday/Friday games are better than MNF (unless the other team has a bye week).  Yes, you are playing on a short week, but so is your opponent (no advantage/no disadvantage).  But the following week you have a longer week and the opponent has a normal week. (you have the advantage).  On the other hand for MNF both you and opponent get an extra day, but the following game you have a short week. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2023, 02:38:58 pm »

Thursday/Friday games are better than MNF (unless the other team has a bye week).  Yes, you are playing on a short week, but so is your opponent (no advantage/no disadvantage).  But the following week you have a longer week and the opponent has a normal week. (you have the advantage).  On the other hand for MNF both you and opponent get an extra day, but the following game you have a short week.  

I dare to disagree. Thursday night games are the worst. To have only 3 days off to recover, prepare, and then to travel is a huge disadvantage to the traveling team. Playing Monday and then again the following Sunday gives you some sort of time to return to normality. 5 days is much better than 3.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2023, 09:52:15 am »

4 days is better than 3 as well, so friday is better than thursday, and it's the jets, in new jersey, so i could conceivably make that game on black friday
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2023, 11:53:00 am »

Buffalo vs. Jets open MNF this year, so at least we won't start off against one of them.

Do we want to start off the year with an "easy" game like hosting Carolina or save that for later in the year?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2023, 12:32:33 pm »

I’d rather play our toughest game first since we should be fully loaded. Who knows who will be available later in the year.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2023, 04:44:20 pm »

I’d rather play our toughest game first since we should be fully loaded. Who knows who will be available later in the year.

That makes sense, although never discount the emotional feeling of starting off strong.

Giants and Cowboys open SNF, so eliminate those two teams as well as potential Week 1 opponents. I kind of think it will be the Pats again.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2023, 07:35:22 pm »

Per Draft Kings, here is the schedule:

Full Miami Dolphins schedule via Draft Kings:

1- @ LAC
2- @ NEP SNF
3- v DEN
4- @ Bills
5- v NYG
6- v CAR
7- @ Eagles SNF
8- v NEP
9- @ KC(Germany)
10- BYE
11- v VEG
12- @ NYJ (Black Friday)
13- @ WAS
14- vs Titans MNF
15- v NYJ
16- v DAL
17- @ BAL
18- vs Bills

Good bye placement. More thoughts later.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2023, 07:41:17 pm »

Once again, MIA has the opportunity to establish themselves as a frontrunner in the first 4 weeks of the season.  If the Dolphins can come out of that stretch at 3-1, hold on to your hats.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2023, 08:17:21 pm »

Of the first 6 games, we're better than 4 of those teams and probably on equal footing or slightly behind Buffalo and LA, by 2022 standards at least.

6-3 before the bye is probably the goal, anything better than that means we are serious contenders. Week 18 might be for the division.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2023, 09:30:19 pm »

LFG! I'm excited already
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2023, 02:41:57 am »

Kind of disappointing that MIA only has 4 home games before November and 2 of them are against the two worst teams on the schedule.  The Dolphins don't have a second home divisional game until December 17th.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray