Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:08:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins 2023 Schedule and Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins 2023 Schedule and Predictions  (Read 1819 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: May 12, 2023, 11:04:08 am »

1   Sep. 10   @ Chargers   4:25 p.m.   CBS
2   Sep. 17   @ Patriots (SNF)   8:20 p.m.   NBC
3   Sep. 24   vs. Broncos   1 p.m.   CBS
4   Oct. 1   @ Bills   1 p.m.   CBS
5   Oct. 8   vs. Giants   1 p.m.   FOX
6   Oct. 15   vs. Panthers   1 p.m.   CBS
7   Oct. 22   @ Eagles (SNF)   8:20 p.m.   NBC
8   Oct. 29   vs. Patriots   1 p.m.   CBS
9   Nov. 5   vs. Chiefs   9:30 a.m.   NFLN
10   Nov. 12   BYE      
11   Nov. 19   Vs. Raiders   1 p.m.   CBS
12   Nov. 24   @ Jets   3 p.m.   PRIME
13   Dec. 3   @ Commanders   1 p.m.   FOX
14   Dec. 11   vs. Titans (MNF)   8:15 p.m.   ESPN
15   Dec. 17   vs. Jets   1 p.m.   CBS
16   Dec. 24   vs. Cowboys   4:25 p.m.   FOX
17   Jan. 31   @ Ravens   1 p.m.   CBS
18   Jan. 6 or 7   vs. Bills   TBD   TBD

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2023, 11:07:47 am »

I have us pretty solidly at 9 wins.

@ Chargers .25
@ Patriots .5
Broncos 1
@ Bills .25
Giants .75
Panthers .75
@ Eagles 0
Patriots .75
Chiefs in Germany .25
Raiders 1.0
@ Jets .5
@ Commanders .75
Titans .5
Jets .5
Cowboys .5
@ Ravens .25
Bills .5

Add or shave a percentage here or there, we look to be at about 9 wins.  I think the schedule really comes down to beating these teams:

Titans, Patriots twice, Raiders, Panthers

These are 5 games where you will be the better team, so barring any bullcrap, you need to win these....really 5 out of 5 to get into the playoffs.  ...maybe you can win 4 of 5, but that's the heart of the schedule IMO.

Note: Edited because my adding was wrong.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 11:44:15 am by Dave Gray » Logged

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:46:20 am »

The odds that Lamar Jackson will be the QB during the game with us are under 30%, he gets injured all the time due to his running and now he has his big money contract. I would jack up our chances of winning that game to a minimum of 50/50, even more if he isn't the QB.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 01:45:41 pm »

Currently we have the second toughest schedule in the league. Mike Florio brought up a very good point today. Not only does the AFC East have to play 6 games against each other but they have to play 4 more against the NFC East (Dallas, Philly and the Giants) and the AFC west (Kansas City, Chargers, and Raiders). This means the AFC East's brutal schedule may only have one team making it to the playoffs with other lesser teams getting in because they have an easier schedule and better records.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2023, 01:52:24 pm »

Currently we have the second toughest schedule in the league. Mike Florio brought up a very good point today. Not only does the AFC East have to play 6 games against each other but they have to play 4 more against the NFC East (Dallas, Philly and the Giants) and the AFC west (Kansas City, Chargers, and Raiders). This means the AFC East's brutal schedule may only have one team making it to the playoffs with other lesser teams getting in because they have an easier schedule and better records.

DraftKings has us as having the hardest schedule, but 1st or 2nd is just splitting hairs in May. Unless Mac Jones pulls a miracle, I think the Pats are done and Rodgers needs to be in his MVP form for the Jets to win the division. Lots of time to determine how it all shakes out but the "easiest" game on our schedule is against the 7-10 Panthers who just drafted Bryce Young. We really need to stay healthy and at the top of our game.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2023, 01:54:37 pm »

DraftKings has us as having the hardest schedule, but 1st or 2nd is just splitting hairs in May. Unless Mac Jones pulls a miracle, I think the Pats are done and Rodgers needs to be in his MVP form for the Jets to win the division. Lots of time to determine how it all shakes out but the "easiest" game on our schedule is against the 7-10 Panthers who just drafted Bryce Young. We really need to stay healthy and at the top of our game.
The Patriots always have a good Defense so they will always be in the game. I expect them to steal some regardless of who is at QB.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 04:18:36 pm »

The team with the hardest schedule before the season is never the team with the hardest schedule once the season is over, so while it does look tough, I'm not too worried. If Tua stays healthy, I'm seeing 10+ wins.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 04:43:45 pm »

The team with the hardest schedule before the season is never the team with the hardest schedule once the season is over, so while it does look tough, I'm not too worried. If Tua stays healthy, I'm seeing 10+ wins.

Very true, but it really doesn't look like we would drop too much. We face both Superbowl teams, the Bills twice, the Cowboys plus the normally tough divisional games. I don't think we are going to end up outside the Top 10 when the season is done.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2023, 08:30:35 am »

15-2
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2023, 09:21:59 am »

13-4

This is a legitimate Superbowl roster. We added Jalen Ramsey, added a great Defensive Coordinator, McDaniels is in his 2nd year and will probably learn from his rookie mistakes. The only thing that can stop us is our health. If we're healthy, the division is ours. If Tua plays 9 games, all bets are off.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2023, 07:09:00 pm »

Assuming healthy Tua etc:

I see @PHI @KC @BUF as expected losses.  I figure MIA will win pull out a surprise win in one of those, but also have an unexpected loss elsewhere.

14-3

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2023, 11:41:15 pm »

Assuming healthy Tua etc:

I see @PHI @KC @BUF as expected losses.  I figure MIA will win pull out a surprise win in one of those, but also have an unexpected loss elsewhere.

14-3
I think they could have more losses than that in their first 7 games. Very possible they lose @Chargers, @Patriots, @Bills and @Eagles. I don't think they lose all 4 but they might lose 3 and they could lose one of the other 3 games. I think Miami starts out about 4-4 but then finishes strong and maybe finishes about 10-7 and makes the playoffs and that's if Tua stays healthy or the defense is improved over last year. Don't see them making the playoffs if neither of those things happen.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 11:43:02 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2023, 02:04:42 pm »

The defense had better be improved over last year!
If I thought the defense would be the same as 2022 after adding Ramsey, my prediction would be radically different.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2023, 03:07:24 pm »

How could the defense be worse unless injuries kill us again? We're adding Ramsey, a full year of Chubb, a full year of Ogbah, 80% of our secondary back and they're all being coached by one of the top defensive minds in the game. There is a good chance we have the top defensive unit in the whole league.......with health.

Cannot overstate that.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2023, 11:12:56 pm »

How could the defense be worse unless injuries kill us again? We're adding Ramsey, a full year of Chubb, a full year of Ogbah, 80% of our secondary back and they're all being coached by one of the top defensive minds in the game. There is a good chance we have the top defensive unit in the whole league....
In theory. I'll believe it when I see it. I haven't seen anything yet.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray