Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:02:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Brady Set to Become Minority Owner with Raiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Brady Set to Become Minority Owner with Raiders  (Read 820 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: May 22, 2023, 04:00:00 pm »

They are already partners with the WNBA team from Las Vegas.

The notable thing from this is that Brady cannot come out of retirement to play for another team once this gets approved. Perhaps he can for the Raiders but once this is done, it officially shuts the door on any Dolphin rumors.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 04:04:05 pm »

I don't understand why Ross doesn't make him a part owner, he likes having some celebrity owners.  Plus Miami is going to need him around game #6 this season.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 04:31:41 pm »

I don't understand why Ross doesn't make him a part owner, he likes having some celebrity owners.  Plus Miami is going to need him around game #6 this season.

Ross is probably a gun shy after the tampering issue.  But I don't see how Brady appeals to the Dolphins or Raiders fan base.  Are more Raiders fan going to cheer or chant "tuck rule" when he is introduced as a part owner?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 06:14:16 pm »

Shaq became a minority owner of the Sacramento Kings, who hate both Shaq and his Lakers like poison.
From a fan's perspective, sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 08:39:24 pm »

Shaq became a minority owner of the Sacramento Kings, who hate both Shaq and his Lakers like poison.
From a fan's perspective, sometimes it just doesn't make sense.

I think it comes down to opportunity. Doesn't matter how wealthy you are, you can't just walk up to the owner of a sports team and say "I'd like 40% of the Baltimore Ravens, please". He already had a relationship with Davis with the WNBA team and this was probably his best shot at becoming an owner.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 09:40:33 pm »

I think it comes down to opportunity. Doesn't matter how wealthy you are, you can't just walk up to the owner of a sports team and say "I'd like 40% of the Baltimore Ravens, please". He already had a relationship with Davis with the WNBA team and this was probably his best shot at becoming an owner.

Tom has an in with the owner of the team in Foxboro too.  I think that would be a more natural fit.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 11:35:00 pm »

Tom has an in with the owner of the team in Foxboro too.  I think that would be a more natural fit.
Robert Kraft and Mark Davis are in very different positions financially.  Kraft likely isn't interested in selling off (or giving away) bits of the Patriots.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 07:55:33 am »

If this means we stop hearing about Brady in any Miami Dolphins context, I'm thrilled. I absolutely do not want him anywhere near the team in any way, shape, or form.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 08:09:56 am »

If this means we stop hearing about Brady in any Miami Dolphins context, I'm thrilled. I absolutely do not want him anywhere near the team in any way, shape, or form.

Unless there is some bizarre loophole that says you can own one team and play for another, then this is definitely it. It wouldn't shock me if it comes out that Brady wanted to own the Dolphins first but Ross was told not to do it by the NFL or his own advisors due to the tampering issue in the past.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray