Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:12:02 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Damar Hamlin returns
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Damar Hamlin returns  (Read 934 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: June 07, 2023, 07:02:26 pm »

Back at practice

For the record, what happened to him was NOT because of any Covid vaccine.

Still, for him to return is very gutsy.

I wonder if it is because he has not played long enough to qualify for an NFL player's pension.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2023, 05:22:20 am »

I imagine there are many factors, the following among them:

1) He has likely focused his entire life on the goal of playing in the NFL, and doesn't want to give up his dream
2) He will make significantly more money playing in the NFL than doing anything else

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2023, 11:38:19 am »

Not that it is really relevant to this story but I had a good friend go through this same thing in February. He's 54. Fortunately for him his wife and daughter heard him fall and they performed CPR to bring him back. His heart stopped several more times in the ambulance and even in the hospital before stabilizing. He has no heart or artery blockages but it just quit firing. They installed a pacemaker and a defibrillator and he seems to be doing pretty well. He was at Bike Week in March.  They told him it could be an issue or it could never happen again. I'm guessing that's what they told Hamlin as well. Fortunately for him no better place to be than at an NFL function as they have plenty of staff to help.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray